PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Laura to End Radio Show at Year's End After 'N-Word' Controversy

test

abfan
08-18-2010, 10:02 AM
http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08/18/dr-laura-to-end-radio-show-at-years-end-after-n-word-controv/

Dr. Laura Schlessinger , the conservative talk radio host who set off a furor last week when she used the "N-word" multiple times while answering an African-American woman troubled by racist comments, said Tuesday night that she will end the show when her contract expires at the end of the year.
The controversy began when the caller to her show, who is married to a white man, said she was troubled by the fact that he ignored comments offensive to her when they were made by family members and friends. [[See audio and a transcript of the call.)
Schlessinger said she didn't think the use of the "N-Word" word the caller described was racist, saying, "Black guys use it all the time. Turn on HBO, listen to a black comic, and all you hear is" the epithet. She also said, "Without giving much thought, a lot of blacks voted for [President] Obama simply 'cause he was half-black."
Laura SchlessingerSchlessinger apologized on her blog and on her show but, when that triggered only more debate and criticism, she went on "Larry King Live" and said she would not renew her contract at the end of the year.
"I want to regain my First Amendment rights," she said, according to the New York Times. "I want to be able to say what's on my mind and in my heart and what I think is helpful and useful without somebody getting angry, some special interest group deciding this is the time to silence a voice of dissent and attack affiliates, attack sponsors. I'm sort of done with that."
She told King, "I'm not quitting. I feel energized actually -- stronger and freer to say the things that I believe need to be said for people in this country."
Schlessinger has been on the air for three decades and, at its peak, the show was the second highest in radio ratings after Rush Limbaugh, the Times said.

soulster
08-18-2010, 10:13 AM
In other words, she's gonna become a roving far-right bigot, spreading more ignorance that like-minded White people can rally around. First stop: Fox news.

GeeTee(HPK)
08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/14/olbermann-blast-dr-laura_n_682213.html

jonc
08-18-2010, 12:00 PM
Laura Schlessinger is not losing her First Amendment rights. She's losing her listeners and her sponsors because of her racist, ignorant beliefs.

I'm sure FAUX News could add another bigot to their roster and will welcome the FAUX doctor with open arms.

jillfoster
08-19-2010, 02:38 AM
Yep... Jonc... she's quitting before all the REST of her sponsors abandon her, she's trying to save face before she goes down in flames. I'm sure she's been HEMMORAGING sponsors in the last week.. Her career is over, unless the bitch tries to be Sarah Palin's running mate in the next election. I hear target has bed sheets on sale, those bitches better get ta shoppin.

Livingallalone
08-19-2010, 10:18 AM
I was yelling at the Tool [[yes at home alone at the tv..Lol) when she said she was LOSING her First Amendment Rights.....GOOD LORD!

I hope Laurie's carrer is over but I fear she will be back [[like a bad fungus)

Bill

soulster
08-19-2010, 11:54 AM
She was on CNN trying to blame Media matters for blabbing the incident. Typical conservatives: they blame everyone but themselves. Their first place they always point fingers is always the "left-wing liberal media".

mark speck
08-19-2010, 10:06 PM
Supposedly, she's taking her show to the 'net...who cares?

Best,

Mark

Livingallalone
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I heard that FAUX didn't Run the stroy about Laurie using the "N" word....I guess birds of a feather stick together....Shamefuly.....I really want the name of FAUX "NEWS" to be changed to Entertainment or Information of opinions but it sure isn't News as we think of news....it's full of opinions.....and that Megan Kelly [[?) she can't says Obama's name without frowning.....
BIll

jonc
08-19-2010, 10:19 PM
I heard that FAUX didn't over the stroy about Laurie using the "N" word....I guess birds of a feather stick together....Shamefuly.....I really want the name of FAUX "NEWS" to be changed to Entertainment or Information of opinions but it sure isn't News as we think of news....it's full of opinions.....

BIll

FAUX News is the GOP's talking points network and a cheerleader for the Tea Party. Fair and Balanced my ass.

ladyvanaye
08-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Supposedly, she's taking her show to the 'net...who cares?

Best,

Mark

Agreed mark. Crusty over opinionated and scared behind woman pushing her 'majorities' ideologies. Sickening. There is still a few like her. 'They' got 'them' old , young and in between. :[[

Black folk have computers too Laura...run, but you cant really hide.