PDA

View Full Version : Other Motown Acts

test

blkfrost
06-13-2011, 02:50 PM
Had a party this weekend and Motown was the music theme. The big hits of the night were Jonah Jones "Falling In Love For The First Time", Jr. Walker "Why Can't We Be Lovers", Shorty Long "Sing What You Wanna", Temptations "Aiming At Your Heart", Hattie Littles "Love, Trouble, Heartache And Misery", GC Camerom "Me And My Life". We played Motown from the 1960s - 1980s and not just the usual suspects. Would love to have Jonah Jones on CD.

theboyfromxtown
06-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Me too, absolutely

That's at least two of us!

tamla617
06-13-2011, 03:40 PM
3!
did you play any yvonne fair?
i wonder if they have enough un released tracks plus her lp "the bitch is black" for a complete yvonne fair motown collection/anthology [[a horrible title,i mean, what were they thinking of)
great lp tho'.

blkfrost
06-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Yes, I did play Yvonne Fair... love her! Everyone's favorite was "Stay A Little Longer". A few of my friend had no idea that Motown had such a wide roster of artists.

theboyfromxtown
06-13-2011, 06:06 PM
and did you chuck in a Jonah Jones track? *smile*

In my book, his version of "Don't Mess With Bill" ranks with the version from the Marvelettes

blkfrost
06-13-2011, 06:17 PM
and did you chuck in a Jonah Jones track? *smile*

In my book, his version of "Don't Mess With Bill" ranks with the version from the Marvelettes

Jonah Jones is always on my playlist... seems we have similar taste in music

theboyfromxtown
06-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Hank Cosby has a style I cannot resist. It is evident on all his recordings whoever the artist is.

Next time, maybe I might get an invite to the party! *smile*