PDA

View Full Version : [[I'm a) Road Runner

test

jobucats
01-09-2023, 09:24 AM
Surely I am not the only one who didn't know what Jr. Walker was singing on the opening lyric to "I'm a Road Runner" until I googled it. I would have never guessed what I learned.

How about you? Did you always know what he was saying? From listening to a couple of covers of this [[by Jerry Garcia; and by Fleetwood Mac), the opening line is very clear.

????????????
Let me live a life free and easy
Put a toothbrush in my hand
Let me be a travelling man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjAdfZp8mWw

DWSheffer
01-09-2023, 09:52 AM
I've never understood the first 3 words for sure!

brothadc
01-09-2023, 10:17 AM
"Money, who needs it?
Let me live my life free and easy
Put my toothbrush in my hand
And let me be Traveling Man
'Cause I'm a Road Runner baby!"

There you have it!

daviddesper
01-09-2023, 10:42 AM
Never really cared about the exact lyrics but that is BY FAR my favorite Junior song!!!

SatansBlues
01-09-2023, 11:48 AM
I always thought that he sang, "Marriage, who needs it?"

Graham Jarvis
01-09-2023, 11:57 AM
I saw Jr Walker many times in the UK throughout the later 7T's and the 8T's, what a artist, "Jr" played "Road Runner" on his back and went up and down on his back across the stage, amazing.
I'm still after his Bio from 2012, difficult to find a copy "The Jr. Walker Story - The Man Behind the Sax" would welcome a copy is anyone has one for sale?

"Jr" had three 45's on the Harvey label before the Soul Label. "Satan's Blues" was his first on the "Soul" label. ["Satan's Blues" will Love It]

His Son also published his dad's bio. Hmmmmm!

SatansBlues
01-09-2023, 12:30 PM
I saw Jr Walker many times in the UK throughout the later 7T's and the 8T's, what a artist, "Jr" played "Road Runner" on his back and went up and down on his back across the stage, amazing.
I'm still after his Bio from 2012, difficult to find a copy "The Jr. Walker Story - The Man Behind the Sax" would welcome a copy is anyone has one for sale?

"Jr" had three 45's on the Harvey label before the Soul Label. "Satan's Blues" was his first on the "Soul" label. ["Satan's Blues" will Love It]

His Son also published his dad's bio. Hmmmmm!

Satan's Blues is my favorite Jr Walker songs, hence the screen name. The Soul Session album has a longer version of Satan's Blues!

MIKEW-UK
01-09-2023, 03:46 PM
Here's the publisher's sheet music for bass guitar with the first stanza lyrics....

arr&bee
01-09-2023, 03:53 PM
I always understood what jr. Was saying.

DWSheffer
01-09-2023, 04:09 PM
Now I can hear it....thanks!

mowest
01-09-2023, 04:17 PM
My favorite Junior Walker recording by a mile. One of my favorite Motown recordings hands down; maybe #1 on my list. What a rocker!