PDA

View Full Version : A Solution For Diana Ross and the Supremes Music Not Yet On CD

test

longtimefan
06-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi Harry, Andy and George,

Here's my suggestion for a release by Diana Ross and the Supremes that would get those last two albums on CD. There's a definite audience for this, e.g., Supremes' fans, Broadway music enthusiasts, and "boomers!!!" :o Plus, fans of The Temptations!!!! [[G.I.T.)

Diana Ross and The Supremes: BROADWAY MEMORIES
This 2-CD set focused on classic Broadway music could include: [[1) The soundtrack of G.I.T. on Broadway with previously unreleased performances from the show; [[2) The Supremes Sing and Perform Funny Girl with alternate tracks; [[3) a collection of Broadway show stoppers previously released by The Supremes on various albums [[examples: The Sound of Music, If I Ruled the World, Aquarius, etc.); and [[4) alternate versions of some of these previously released Broadway tunes.

captainjames
06-12-2011, 09:10 PM
Love your intelligent thinking on this Longtime~~~

longtimefan
06-14-2011, 10:48 AM
Thanks, Captainjames. There's often discussion about these two albums unreleased on CD, so I thought this would be a very marketable strategy with appeal to multiple groups. I wonder what others think?

Sacramento John
06-14-2011, 11:39 AM
There is an unreleased DRATS outtake from "GIT" that I have heard of that is entitled: "Let's Sing Those Broadway Songs."
That, to me, would make a great title for this set. To include: GIT with outtakes, Funny Girl, & [[if possible) the "pre-records" that they did for Ed Sullivan & other shows ie "The Fats Waller Medley" "The Irving Berlin Medley" ect. That would be a terrific set!!!!!

Ramone Verona
06-14-2011, 03:51 PM
Is that the unreleased track where the girls sing "Mad About The Boy"?
Not sure if that's a title or lyric....

RossHolloway
06-15-2011, 09:26 AM
I think these releases would be better suited for I-Tunes, with a downloadable album cover and liner notes.

pj1
06-15-2011, 11:35 AM
Why not release it both ways- through I-Tunes and as a physical cd. Some of us [[and it appears that there are several of us here) are old school in that respect.

RossHolloway
06-15-2011, 12:07 PM
Why not release it both ways- through I-Tunes and as a physical cd. Some of us [[and it appears that there are several of us here) are old school in that respect.

I'm very old school as well, but if it came down to having an I-Tune release vs not having it released at all, I'd go for an I-Tunes release.

Sacramento John
06-15-2011, 01:27 PM
My preference would certainly be for something tactical [[with photos & stories), but I-Tunes would work if production costs for a "physical" product would prevent it's creation. I went onto I-Tunes & purchased the DRATS "The Music That Makes Me Dance" song just to get a Funny Girl digital track.

Ramone, I can't remember if "Mad about the boy" was in that medley..it's quite lengthy & Diana does do some of "Little Girl Blue" in it. I do recall Jean-Mary-Lynda doing "Mad about the Boy" as part of a medley with Bob Hope!

theboyfromxtown
06-15-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm very old school as well, but if it came down to having an I-Tune release vs not having it released at all, I'd go for an I-Tunes release.

You're so right.

I had to buy a CD player cos Never Before Released Masters was only available as a CD.

robbert
06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Yeh, John, that was in 1987, before the war [[pick yr own war...) ;-)

theboyfromxtown
06-16-2011, 03:49 AM
That has shocked me....I can't believe I've had a cd player for nearly 25 years?