PDA

View Full Version : Bettye Lavette Heads Up UK show Jazz Cafe July 7th

test

MIKEW-UK
06-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Bettye at the Jazz Cafe.

The blurb I have seen states Bettye will be performing songs from the Interpretations album. Can anyone advise if any other material from her other albums will be included on the playlist ,or is it an Interpretations only evening?

imnokid
06-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Wherever you saw the blurb, it is an assumption. She will be performing songs from throughout her career.
Can you tell me where you saw this? And she always incorporates a few of her older tunes in England.
Please pass this info on to anyone who may have read what you read.

imnokid
06-11-2011, 05:45 PM
I found a reference. Is it anywhere besides Time Out London?

MIKEW-UK
06-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi Imnokid, many thanks for your response to my query. I have two reference points regarding the London appearance which both focus on the Interpretations CD. I acknowledge that whilst they focus on the Interpretations CD, they do not specifically state that Bettye will restrict her playlist to Interpretations material. From reading the material, it does however raise that possibility; hence my question, and thanks for the clarification.

Here's the URL of what I read on the JazzCafe website.
http://venues.meanfiddler.com/jazz-cafe/full-listings/featured-gigs/3818

[[Superb photo of Bettye by the way!)

I went to the website having received an email on 10th June from mamalive.co.uk, which is owned by HMV, the biggest UK record outlet UK which also promotes live music; I subscribe and receive email updates of upcoming shows. In this email it says,

Bettye Lavette
Thu 7 July Jazz Cafe

Bettye LaVette brings the British Invasion home to its American R&B roots on her latest album, "Interpretations: The British Rock Songbook". Her performances are a revelation, leading the New York Times to suggest Ms. LaVette now rivals Aretha Franklin as her generation's most vital soul singer".

If you like, I can forward the email to you if you give me an email address [[I can't forward it to Imnokid)

regards Mike

theboyfromxtown
06-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Mike

You can also use the private message facility on the site. It's really easy to use...it had to be for me to understand it!!

I just left click on the name and it comes up private message....et voila

MIKEW-UK
06-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Hi boyfrom, , I am familiar with the private message facility. Trouble is I can't forward an external email to an internal, private message name ...I need to forward to a full email address with an addressee and an domain. There is no email address imnokid@soulfuldetroit.com

cheers Mike

theboyfromxtown
06-12-2011, 07:14 PM
Sorry Mike

Computers and internet are not my best points, as I have clearly demonstrated!