PDA

View Full Version : Chaka Khan Extended Interview | ‘The Jennifer Hudson Show

test

jack020
11-20-2022, 07:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2xKCHEOVQI

luke
11-23-2022, 01:07 AM
I love that Chaka is a straight shooter...no BS! Asking Aretha if she was tired because she couldn’t hit the high notes, rejecting Stevie’s first two song submissions!

sansradio
11-23-2022, 07:49 AM
Great interview! I think she's misremembering what role she was wanted for in Spielberg's The Color Purple, though...wasn't it Shug Avery?

reese
11-23-2022, 09:56 AM
Great interview! I think she's misremembering what role she was wanted for in Spielberg's The Color Purple, though...wasn't it Shug Avery?

I think more than likely it was indeed Shug. I don't see her as Celie at all.

Chaka did end up playing Sofia in the Broadway musical version but not at all performances. I bought a ticket for one of her performances but I think the show closed abruptly and I never got a chance to see her in it.

sansradio
11-23-2022, 10:17 AM
I think more than likely it was indeed Shug. I don't see her as Celie at all.

Chaka did end up playing Sofia in the Broadway musical version but not at all performances. I bought a ticket for one of her performances but I think the show closed abruptly and I never got a chance to see her in it.

Thanks, reese. I remember that Tina Turner and Phyllis Hyman were approached for Shug in the Spielberg film as well. Tina rejected it because she didn't want to revisit the abuse of her past and Phyllis allegedly blew the audition due to a manic outburst, God rest her troubled soul.

Boogiedown
11-23-2022, 01:15 PM
I love that Chaka is a straight shooter...no BS! Asking Aretha if she was tired because she couldn’t hit the high notes, rejecting Stevie’s first two song submissions!

Good points!

And nice to see Chaka Khan doing so well and so well spoken. Very engaging.

Did Jennifer Hudson complete high school??

PeaceNHarmony
11-23-2022, 05:21 PM
Chaka looks gorgeous [[as does JHud!) and for me the best part of this is the very start when CK congratulates Jennifer on her success. Very sisterly and heartfelt.