PDA

View Full Version : DR Duets You'd Have Liked

test

Koach
10-26-2022, 02:49 PM
Are there any artists you wished Ms Ross had recorded with and any songs in mind? It just came to mind that I'd have loved her and Peabo Bryson to have done Even the Nights Are Better in the 80s. Can you think of any?

marybrewster
10-26-2022, 04:50 PM
What about "In Your Arms" with Teddy P?

Ollie9
10-26-2022, 05:28 PM
“Barcelona” with Freddie Mercury might have proved an interesting collaboration.

sup_fan
10-26-2022, 06:05 PM
George Michael and Diana would have had a great blend IMO

what about Diana with any of the Rat Pack? there's that story from Randy's books of her appearing on a show with Frank Sinatra and [[i think) Dean Martin? similar to what Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett did, i think Diana, Frank, Dean and the others would have made an amazing collaboration on a set of songs from the American Songbook

michael jackson and diana - although i sometimes question this. I think they did well on Ease On Down The Road. but although i like Muscles, it's a very heavy MJ sound and style. i think an album produced by MJ for Diana might be a success but might suffer from too much MJ. but on that album, it would be my hope for a hot pop duet from the two

Spreadinglove21
10-26-2022, 08:09 PM
Luther Vandross. Or too bad she didn't do something with Jamiroquai in the studio after that performance of Upside Down they did together at some awards show in the 90s.

daviddh
10-26-2022, 08:23 PM
Diana and George michael

RanRan79
10-26-2022, 11:12 PM
There was someone I thought about a couple weeks ago, and now I can't remember!

I love the idea of Diana and Peabo, him being one of my all time favorite voices ever.

The rumored Diana and Aretha idea is intriguing.

I still like my idea of Diana and Mary Wilson. In the 80s, I think a duet with the two would have been hot.

Diana and Natalie Cole would have probably been very good, especially in the 90s.

Diana and Prince could have set something on fire.

Diana and Freddie Jackson might have been interesting.

Ollie9
10-27-2022, 05:45 AM
Around 1987, Diana desperately needed a hit single. Had MJ not been out of sorts with her, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” would have been the perfect vehicle, being a great fit for her voice. It would certainly have given the RHR&B album a much needed boost.

Albator
10-27-2022, 05:46 AM
Johnny Mathis would have been a much better partner than Julio Iglesias on "All of you".
James Ingram, Luther Vandross, Tina Turner

Koach
10-27-2022, 07:35 AM
Great ideas here. Perhaps another could have been a collaboration with the Pointer Sisters, a throwback to The Supremes like Chain Reaction and video

RanRan79
10-27-2022, 11:34 AM
Around 1987, Diana desperately needed a hit single. Had MJ not been out of sorts with her, “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” would have been the perfect vehicle, being a great fit for her voice. It would certainly have given the RHR&B album a much needed boost.

Absolutely, although it probably wouldn't have ended up on RHRAB. But it was the perfect song for her and MJ.

RanRan79
10-27-2022, 11:35 AM
Johnny Mathis would have been a much better partner than Julio Iglesias on "All of you".
James Ingram, Luther Vandross, Tina Turner

Yes to Johnny Mathis and James Ingram!

Ollie9
10-27-2022, 01:08 PM
Yes to Johnny Mathis and James Ingram!

Aren’t you forgetting Freddie Mercury??.

rovereab
10-27-2022, 01:57 PM
Diana and George michael

Very much agree.

Other thoughts would be Diana & Sting and Diana & Phil Collins [[especially considering his love of Motown). However, seeing Phil now is quite upsetting given his health issues, poor chap.

RanRan79
10-29-2022, 09:56 AM
Aren’t you forgetting Freddie Mercury??.

No, no I am not.:cool: