PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected Motown Mention: TMZ on TV"

test

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
09-26-2022, 05:29 PM
About a week ago, there was a story about Nike's phenomenally unexpected growth from a small company to the behemoth it has since become. Host Harvey Levin made a few comments on how the company has loyally remained near Beaverton, Oregon all these years. Then, for comparison, he cited Motown Records and how the company moved from Detroit to L.A. He didn't necessarily say the move hurt the company, but he did observe the lack of loyalty to Detroit, that something was lost and it became like any other record company. I was really pleasantly surprised to hear this from him and on a show as celebrity-driven as TMZ. As a bonus, none of the younger cast said anything like "Motown? Who???"

reese
09-26-2022, 05:59 PM
I believe Harvey is a big Motown fan. I remember him showing a photo of himself with Jean, Mary, and Cindy when he snuck into a party after one of their shows.

snakepit
09-27-2022, 03:05 AM
Harvey Levin...who??
LOL

09-27-2022, 03:18 AM
I believe Harvey is a big Motown fan. I remember him showing a photo of himself with Jean, Mary, and Cindy when he snuck into a party after one of their shows.

Now that's very interesting!

09-27-2022, 03:23 AM
Harvey Levin...who??
LOL

It's not so much who he is, not so much a big deal. If you know the show it's like "oh cool!" If it has to be explained, by the end of it, you'll still be thinking "oh ok. I still don't get it,"

snakepit
09-27-2022, 03:46 AM
Never heard of him I'm afraid.
Probably says more about me than him.

jobucats
09-27-2022, 08:19 AM
Never heard of him I'm afraid.
Probably says more about me than him.

LOL Harvey is also the guy who for many years has done the 'setup' and 'closing' remarks on the People's Court.