View Full Version : Pitchfork's Sunday In-Depth Review: Nona's 'SkinDiver'

test

PeaceNHarmony
09-26-2022, 10:48 AM
This is a nice surprise -

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/nona-hendryx-skindiver/

SatansBlues
09-26-2022, 02:49 PM
Thanks for posting this article. I fell in love with Nona's music the summer before college [[her and Teena Marie). It's her voice that drew me in and I'm still a fan.

Motown Eddie
09-26-2022, 04:00 PM
Thanks PNH so sharing this article about Nona Hendryx's SkinDiver. While I've got a couple of Nona's albums, I've never heard this one and I'm gonna make a point of checking it out.

Philles/Motown Gary
09-26-2022, 10:29 PM
I'm not familiar with Nona's music other than the Dance masterpiece, "Keep It Confidential", which I love!

khansperac
09-27-2022, 12:39 PM
Where are the forum hall monitors?

PeaceNHarmony
09-27-2022, 01:33 PM
Hi Ralph - can you please have this moved to the Soulful Detroit forum? Thanks!

khansperac
09-27-2022, 02:01 PM
PeaceNHarmony my post was not directed to you. It is never that serious to me. I’m just wondering where the hall monitors are that are always so quick to act like Karens anytime names are mentioned that trigger them. Be consistent.

PeaceNHarmony
09-27-2022, 08:15 PM
PeaceNHarmony my post was not directed to you. It is never that serious to me. I’m just wondering where the hall monitors are that are always so quick to act like Karens anytime names are mentioned that trigger them. Be consistent.Thanks for your reply! I wasn't quite sure what you meant but I did indeed realize the post was in the incorrect forum. No harm, no foul, be well!

jobucats
09-28-2022, 07:51 AM
I'm not familiar with Nona's music other than the Dance masterpiece, "Keep It Confidential", which I love!

Oh, my, my! "Keep it Confidential" was, as the kids would say, "da bomb" back in my clubbing days! Here's her live version...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbsawmSlwwg

ralpht
10-01-2022, 05:21 PM
Hall monitor acting like a Karen? I do what I can when I see it.

PeaceNHarmony
10-01-2022, 07:21 PM
Hall monitor acting like a Karen? I do what I can when I see it.Ha! Hi Ralph - sometimes I'm in one forum and I see something that should be of interest and I post it in the incorrect forum. Gasp! I hope all is well with you and thank you again for being so present in our interests.

ralpht
10-02-2022, 08:43 AM
Glad to help out P&H. I probably miss more than I see, but I keep trying.