PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Weiner, Rep. [[NY)!

test

marv2
06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
What are your thoughts? Should he stay or should he go?

nysister
06-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Marv2, I'm so disappointed in Anthony, as he has been good for NY and had a pretty good chance of becoming the next mayor. With all the recent scandals, how could he be so darn stupid??? I don't think he can survive this, unless he gets a challenge from somebody in the Tea Party. I am just at a loss for words right now. Dang!!

chidrummer
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
That's up to the citizens of New York, but think about this, exactly what laws has Weiner broken? If being an idiot was a crime we'd need to turn Texas into a giant prison.

soulster
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Gotta love the reporter who asked him if his penis was erect.

MotownSteve
06-07-2011, 02:09 PM
That's up to the citizens of New York, but think about this, exactly what laws has Weiner broken? If being an idiot was a crime we'd need to turn Texas into a giant prison.

Good idea.

skooldem1
06-07-2011, 02:37 PM
I don't think anyone has said that he broke any laws. The point is he lied and tried to cover it up. Often times the coverup is more than the "offense".

marv2
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Marv2, I'm so disappointed in Anthony, as he has been good for NY and had a pretty good chance of becoming the next mayor. With all the recent scandals, how could he be so darn stupid??? I don't think he can survive this, unless he gets a challenge from somebody in the Tea Party. I am just at a loss for words right now. Dang!!

Sister! I have to agree with you. Anthony was one of the very few local/national politicians I had respect for [[that includes Bloomberg and Schumer). He would have made an excellent Mayor of New York. I do not agree with the way he handled things at all, but I do hope that he can survive. We are very hard pressed at this moment in time for good, talented and competent leadership as proven last year in the New York State Govenvors Race and Debates!

marv2
06-07-2011, 05:31 PM

Exactly chidrummer! He didn't break any laws. This is the first "sex scandal" I've heard of and no one was having sex! I think, he thought that he could get away with doing what many average American Citizens do routinely and it backfired on him.

I don't even think it was so much the picture as it was the lying to cover it up from his wife and the public.

marv2
06-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Gotta love the reporter who asked him if his penis was erect.

I heard the reporter that shouted that out and I was a little embarassed that this is what things have come to! I was impressed that Weiner did not make his wife stand up there with him in his very public embarrassment!

marv2
06-07-2011, 05:37 PM
I don't think anyone has said that he broke any laws. The point is he lied and tried to cover it up. Often times the coverup is more than the "offense".

As it were with Clinton. They had the proof and cornered him. Some knew he was lying and attempting to cover it up ,but when they had his back against the wall, he had no choice but to fess up. He didn't break any laws, but as you and I both know, we live in a hypocritical society where we hold up pubic figures and politicial leaders to a much higher standard than the average, everyday day individual.

I am just saying that most guys would "skirt the truth" in matters such as this in order to keep it from their wives and girlfriends. It is just the way it is! Was it right? NO! Was it the most common way of handling a situation such as this? YES!

marv2
06-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Can he still be effective in his job?

smark21
06-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Ironically, his wife works for Hillary Clinton in the State Department and Bill officiated their wedding last summer.

The reporter who asked the "were you erect" question is a staffer on the Howard Stern show and likes to show up at these events to ask such questions to make the media look bad.

jillfoster
06-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Ironically, his wife works for Hillary Clinton in the State Department and Bill officiated their wedding last summer.

The reporter who asked the "were you erect" question is a staffer on the Howard Stern show and likes to show up at these events to ask such questions to make the media look bad.

i'm glad to hear that... I was wondering if someone in this world was really so stupid and blind that they couldn't tell that thing was hard. I wanna see the pics without the underwear! He looks like he got some nice equipment. He's a homely guy for sure... but one could always put a bag over his head and go to work! LOL

marv2
06-07-2011, 08:23 PM

I use to listen to Howard Sterns radio show before it went to Sirus [[sp?) and enjoyed it for it's humor content, but his staffer was out of place and out of line when it came to Weiner's press conference.

mjeternallove
06-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Let us pray he will find forgiveness and peace in Jesus' name.

stephanie
06-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok if they got everyone on morals 90 percent of Congress would have to step down. I liked his ranting on various issues and as intelligent as he is Im not shocked by what he did but why TWITTER! Why women on craigslist that he didnt know who could have taken his pics to the Enquirer or TMZ? Couldnt he have had a private tryst? Should he step down? I dont think he can do his job and function with all of this embarrassment but Larry Craig didnt step down and neither did John Burris! I know all scandals are different and Eliot Spitzer did the right thing and told the truth immediately and this is what Weiner should have done however most of these guys dont admit the truth the first go round. Its a hard call I dont want him to step down and this whole thing is making the Democratic party look bad but it has happened on both sides of the fence. I say he should take a month off console his wife and come back.

jobeterob
06-13-2011, 01:41 AM
I think if he was big enough he should stay. And if he isn't big enough, he goes.

Looked quite large to me.

The best thing for guys like this to do is "quit fast" and come back. I think he's a fairly popular guy. American Society likes to kick your ass and then let you "comeback".