PDA

View Full Version : San Remo Golden Strings Original Ric-Tic LP

test

kenneth
09-03-2022, 05:07 PM
I don’t think I’ve ever even seen a picture of this album before and I’m not sure I ever thought about it but I probably would’ve thought the album cover would look the same as it did on the Motown label, or Gordy I guess it was actually. Anyway I didn’t buy it but I thought I’d take a photo of it for the group in case it was new to anyone else also. They only wanted seven dollars for it but I have so many albums already that have sat on my shelves forever so I’m just trying not to buy things for the sake of just having them anymore! Anyway hope you guys like.

Roger Polhill
09-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Hi Kenneth, there is a slight difference to the Gordy version and that is "Somethings You Never Get Used To" is replaced by "Festival Time".

snakepit
09-05-2022, 02:52 PM
I had this Ric Tic album many years ago......where is it now I wonder?

robb_k
09-05-2022, 05:35 PM
I had this Ric Tic album many years ago......where is it now I wonder?
I found mine in 1966. Funny, I can't picture myself finding it, and so, I can't remember where I found it. But, I think it might have been a Woolworth $1 LP sale, either in Chicagoland, or Detroit.

snakepit
09-06-2022, 04:20 AM
I think I got my copy along with The Twistin Kings album.

nsoule
09-06-2022, 04:09 PM
It's worth owning just for the uniqueness of seeing a Ric-Tic label without the large hole in the center. Same goes for the Reflections' Golden World album and Rev. Columbus Mann's Wingate album.

Side note/observation: looks like the bins at Street Corner Music?

kenneth
09-06-2022, 05:59 PM
It's worth owning just for the uniqueness of seeing a Ric-Tic label without the large hole in the center. Same goes for the Reflections' Golden World album and Rev. Columbus Mann's Wingate album.

Side note/observation: looks like the bins at Street Corner Music?

Yes! Next to Solo Records, my favorite record store in the Detroit area!

nsoule
09-07-2022, 11:02 AM
Yes! Next to Solo Records, my favorite record store in the Detroit area!

Cool! I like Street Corner a lot, and I've found some great records there over the years. I haven't had much luck at Solo, but maybe now I know why ;)