PDA

View Full Version : Three Motown Wishes

test

RossHolloway
06-03-2011, 04:00 PM
If granted 3 wishes for future releases what would you wish for? I came up with 5, but will limit my list to just 3. So here it goes:

1. Lost & Found: Brenda Holloway 1963-1968

2. Lost & Found: LIVE from Detroit! [[boxset of live recording of various artist captured live on stage in Detroit)

3. Cellarful of Motown V- 1970-1972-The final Detroit Years.

So what are yours?

And in case anyone was wondering, the two I left off were:

At the Copa - The Complete Copacabana Recording from The Supremes [[box set: stereo, mono albums, unedited 1965 debut, 1967 concert)

Lost & Found: Stevie Wonder 1961-1969

carlo
06-03-2011, 04:56 PM
1. Another Supremes DVD...I would love an official DVD with all of the Ed Sullivan appearances.

2. The Marvelettes Albums Volume 2 [[still on the way)

3. The Supremes 1970's Lost & Found [[it would at least have to have "Soft Days" and "Remote Control" on it, or else I wouldn't buy it, lol)

1382hitsville
06-03-2011, 05:06 PM
1. Diana Ross dvd
2. Supremes 70's Lost and Found
3. Gladys Knight & the Pips lost and Found

rovereab
06-03-2011, 06:30 PM
1. The Complete Motown Recordings - Mary Wells [[would that be OK for a 2CD set if unreleased tracks are included?)
2. Lost & Found [[the 60s) - Stevie Wonder
3. Lost & Found - Gladys Knight & The Pips

jobeterob
06-03-2011, 06:49 PM
1. Diana Ross Lost & Found with one new song reuniting her and Mary and Cindy.
2. A Diana Duets CD with Lionel, Stevie, Smokey, Rod, Aretha, Beyonce, Barbra, Donna, Tina, Dionne and one new song reuniting her with Mary and Cindy.
3. A CD with the Motown big names getting back together - Diana, Stevie, Lionel, Gladys, Smokey.

rovereab
06-03-2011, 07:12 PM
jobeterob - you got me thinking and based on this video I reckon a Diana and Smokey duet album would be a wish for me given their history together and the great chemistry between them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlIx0lbl3iQ

MotownSteve
06-03-2011, 07:17 PM
Stevie Wonder: his early albums
David Ruffin: if anything is left
Brenda Holloway: Lost & Found [[as Ross posted above)

144man
06-03-2011, 08:02 PM
The Complete Motown Singles Vols 12a &12b
Eddie Holland - Anthology
The Contours Sing It's So Hard Being A Loser [Expanded]

Plus all of the above.

dinelle_watson
06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
1. To see a really good Ashford & Simpson anthology CD out

2. To find anymore Smokey Robinson releases

3. To see anymore video clips of Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell

Motown4Ever518
06-03-2011, 09:30 PM
These choices would be "uptight and clean out of sight".

In regards to Mary,Stevie, and Gladys.

robb_k
06-04-2011, 12:17 AM

[[1)Brenda Holloway-Lost and Found
[[2)Eddie Holland - Anthology
[[3)Spinners-Anthology [[including all unreleased + released)
[[4)Mary Wells Motown Anthology [[all released and unreleased)
[[5)The Contours Sing It's So Hard Being A Loser [[Expanded to include Dennis Edwards' early, so-called "solo recordings").
[[6)Lost & Found: Stevie Wonder 1961-1969
[[7)Fantastic Four Anthology

[[8)Young Girls: Patrice Holloway vs. Carolyn Crawford -enough for one decent-sized CD [[unreleased +released-ALL extremely good quality).

[[9)Linda Griner Motown Anthology. Supposedly, there are enough unreleased cuts for an album [[at least 12-14. Add the two released cuts, and 14-16 cuts produced by Smokey, sounds like a winner!

[[10)Gospel From The Motown Vaults: The Pronouns, Wright Specials, Gospel Stars, Burnadettes and Liz Lands [[There was a whole mess of unreleased Pronouns cuts in The Vaults when I was around throughout the 70s and the beginning of the '80s. Great stuff!

[[11)Harvey/Tri-Phi Gems: Including released and unreleased [[The Two Friends [[Steve Mancha [[Clyde Wilson) and Wilbur Jackson)), Loe & Joe, Johnny & Jackie, The Five Quails, Challengers III, Spinners, Harvey Fuqua, Shorty Long, Keith [[Stacy Adams) Moss, etc.

[[12)Tri-Phi/Messenger Gospel Gems: Entire Messenger Records catalogue [[released + unreleased) plus Tri-Phi releases.

[[12)Motown Doo Wop: Satintones, Chico Leverett, Serenaders, Sammy Turner & Serenaders, Equadors, Creations, Versatones, Valadiers, Majestics, Temptations, Miracles, Edward Earling, Wade Jones & Rayber Voices, Contours, Downbeats, Wyatt "Big Boy" Shepherd, Marv Johnson, Eddie Holland, etc.

mr soul
06-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Only three then

1: Jerry Butler the complete Motown recordings box set.

2: 12A & 12B the complete singles

3: easy...Robb K list above lol.

144man
06-04-2011, 08:12 AM
This wish is not to do with future releases.

We've had far too many obituaries in the last few years. I just wish it would be another few years before we had to read any more.

big_mac
06-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Very difficult to decide, but the following would be high on my list,

1. The complete Workshop Jazz album catalogue

2. The Complete Fantastic Four [[to include the un-released album)

3. The Complete Spinners

kenneth
06-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow, what a lot of great suggestions! I'll leave off the Marvelettes Vol. 2 since it's coming out anyway. But I would totally love to see:

1. The complete Workshop Jazz catalogue - what a great idea, big_mac.
2. A "Lost and Found" Stevie Wonder, especially of early sides like the scrapped "Work Out Stevie" LP
3. Eddie Holland Anthology
4. The Contours Sing It's So Hard Being A Loser with additional Joe Stubbs and Dennis Edwards tracks of course!
5. Gospel From The Motown Vaults. I agree with Robb-K, this I would love to see. Some of the early Wright Specials, Divinity label stuff, perhaps right up through the "Loving Memory" or "Rock Gospel" LPs. That would be an awesome set. Ace/Kent did one on the King label. It was awesome, though only one volume.

soulster
06-04-2011, 01:07 PM
Two more excellent CD reissues of the Rick James albums "Throwin' Down" and "Glow".

The Switch catalog released officially in the U.S..

A complete CD collection of ALL of Stevie Wonder's SINGLES, stereo AND mono.

motown01
06-04-2011, 01:12 PM
1. Gladys Knight & The Pips - Lost & Found
2. Jr. Walker & The All Stars - The 70's Albums
3. The 70's Supremes - Lost & Found [[Jean Terrell Years)

RossHolloway
06-04-2011, 02:11 PM
SIDE NOTE: To those wanting early Stevie Wonder's albums, there is The Complete Stevie Wonder up on I-Tunes and it's a crazy-wonderful collection. And includes the UNRELEASED LPs Workout Stevie Workout [[Tamla 248) and Live At The Talk of The Town [[1970?) and from 1968 the sides from the LP, but never on CD Live At the Tamla-Motown Festival Tokyo. The collection also inclues 61 mono-singles.

Motown_M_1056
06-04-2011, 02:46 PM

[[9)Gospel From The Motown Vaults: The Pronouns, Wright Specials, Gospel Stars, Burnadettes and Liz Lands [[There was a whole mess of unreleased Pronouns cuts in The Vaults when I was around throughout the 70s and the beginning of the '80s. Great stuff!

[[ etc.

The Sons of ZION- FROM WHICH CAME ONE Wilson Pickett - also recorded lots of gospel sides for Motown in 1962-1963. The Pronouns were signed to Motown around the same time.

robb_k
06-04-2011, 04:16 PM
I didn't luck upon any of The Sons of Zion recordings in The Vaults [[probably because it was easier to read labels of individual acetate records [[and play them) than to check out tapes to play. I found an LP-sized Pronouns acetate with 8 songs on it, which turned me on to the group. I've heard a couple of Sons of Zion songs. They were great! I can't wait to hear lots of unreleased Motown gospel cuts. I played a couple of unmarked acetates that were fantastic Gospel recordings. I couldn't tell, by their lead's voice, which group they were. But, there were plenty of great Gospel recordings in The Motown Vaults during the 1970s [[they must still be there [[other than acetates that were removed [[stolen) and auctioned off to collectors).

dickiemint
06-04-2011, 04:38 PM
Gladys Knight & Pips Lost and Found

Mary Wells Anthology [[ including any unreleased Tracks)

Jean Terrell & 70's Supremes Lost and Found [[ If there is any quality unreleased tracks left)

It's great to see everyones wish lists, but lets hope Harry,Andy and co are also viewing to see what could possibly be big sellers for Hip O.

kenneth
06-04-2011, 05:50 PM
SIDE NOTE: To those wanting early Stevie Wonder's albums, there is The Complete Stevie Wonder up on I-Tunes and it's a crazy-wonderful collection. And includes the UNRELEASED LPs Workout Stevie Workout [[Tamla 248) and Live At The Talk of The Town [[1970?) and from 1968 the sides from the LP, but never on CD Live At the Tamla-Motown Festival Tokyo. The collection also inclues 61 mono-singles.

Wow, I had no idea this was available via Itunes. But, being a collector, I have to be able to hold it in my hands...okay no wisecracks please... Great information, though and interesting comments on the reviews page as well. Thanks RossHolloway.

soulster
06-04-2011, 06:13 PM
SIDE NOTE: The collection also inclues 61 mono-singles.

Many people want them on CD, and they want the 70s and 80s single versions too. That iTunes collection does not have them all.

762rob
06-04-2011, 07:18 PM
1. The complete Workshop Jazz album catalogue
2. Mary Wells comlete Motown recordings [[ including any unreleased Tracks)
3. The 70's Supremes - Lost & Found [[Jean Terrell Years)

RossHolloway
06-05-2011, 08:10 PM
Wow, I had no idea this was available via Itunes. But, being a collector, I have to be able to hold it in my hands...okay no wisecracks please... Great information, though and interesting comments on the reviews page as well. Thanks RossHolloway.

Well I'd be suprised if this type of collection will ever be put in traditional cd format [[37 CDs worth of music? Crazy expensive) and I think I-tunes or online music is really the wave of the future. I prefer hard copies as well, but you can also burn your downloads from I-Tunes onto cd if that gives you any comfort.. I hope they give other artist this treatment as well. I could just imagine what a Marvin Gaye or Diana Ross collection would be like.

RossHolloway
06-05-2011, 08:14 PM
Many people want them on CD, and they want the 70s and 80s single versions too. That iTunes collection does not have them all.

Well I'm not sure which ones aren't included, but if you think about it, this type of collection would be for a true Stevie Wonder or Motown fan, and chances are they probably already have those 70's and 80s single versions in traditional format/cd. And a 37 disc Stevie Wonder collection would be way more expensive than what it's currently selling for. You have to admit its a pretty kick-ass collection.

irv milne
06-06-2011, 05:44 PM
spinners lost & found or a full anthology
gladys knight lost & found
stevies 70's unreleased demos [[with ruffin on vocal?? )

captainjames
06-07-2011, 09:29 PM
I would love to hear a Gladys Knight and The Pips from their final days at Motown ~~I have the rare and unreleased from the younger days already. When they were about to exit Motown they were cooking.

The "Lets See If Diana Ross Can Make It On Her Own" CD - I know Berry Taped it.

and eventhough I hear its coming~~~~"In Full Bloom" by The Marvelettes.

soulster
06-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Well I'm not sure which ones aren't included, but if you think about it, this type of collection would be for a true Stevie Wonder or Motown fan, and chances are they probably already have those 70's and 80s single versions in traditional format/cd. And a 37 disc Stevie Wonder collection would be way more expensive than what it's currently selling for. You have to admit its a pretty kick-ass collection.

No, the singles aren't all available anywhere.

My interest is only for the singles, not the albums. I have the albums I need on CD.

RossHolloway
06-08-2011, 10:55 AM
No, the singles aren't all available anywhere.

My interest is only for the singles, not the albums. I have the albums I need on CD.

What singles in particular are you looking for? That collection is pretty extensive, and I can't imagine that they left anything out. And I find it hard to imagine that one of Stevie's past Greatest Hits or Anthologies or Box Set doesn't contain the singles that you are looking for.

jeff9nyc
06-08-2011, 11:06 AM
1 - Jean Terrell and the Supremes - Lost & Found
2 - Gladys Knight & The Pips - Lost & Found
[[The 2 best female singers on Motown...ever. They could sing the phone book and it would rock my world. I'd vote for Levi Stubbs and David Ruffin for best male)

3 - 12A & 12B the complete singles

jeff9nyc
06-08-2011, 12:46 PM
PS. I'd also love unedited versions of live Supremes shows [[Diana and Jean) audio AND video.

tomato tom
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM
The late, lammented YVONNE FAIR must have some tracks in the vault crying to get out. Surely an albums worth, considering the time she was under contract...Paulo xxx

soulster
06-08-2011, 08:29 PM
What singles in particular are you looking for? That collection is pretty extensive, and I can't imagine that they left anything out. And I find it hard to imagine that one of Stevie's past Greatest Hits or Anthologies or Box Set doesn't contain the singles that you are looking for.

Obviously, you're thinking only of the 60s mono singles. Well, i'm thinking of the 70s and 80s singles. That collection on iTunes is lacking, and there are no CDs I am aware of that contain:

Superwoman [[Where were You When I Needed You) [[45 was edited0
Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing [[the 45 was edited)
Boogie On reggae Woman [[the 45 was edited)
Another Star [[the 45 was edited)
Did I hear You Say You Love Me
Love Light In Flight [[45 was edited)

Sure, I can recreate the 45 versions with an audio editor, but the point is that they are not on CD or any other digital format. Stevie Wonder needs a comprehensive singles collection. None of his comps have all of the charted singles.

Even Rick James needs a good singles collection. That Definitive Collection that came out a few years ago does not contain the correct single edits, nor does it contain all of the singles.

marybrewster
06-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Scherrie and Susaye's "Partners".
"Mary Wilson: The Motown Collection" to include her solo debut and 4 Gus tracks.

And now I'm really dreaming, but......

How about a limited edition boxed set of the Supremes 12 #1 singles on 45 vinyl, with picture sleeves?

RossHolloway
06-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Obviously, you're thinking only of the 60s mono singles. Well, i'm thinking of the 70s and 80s singles. That collection on iTunes is lacking, and there are no CDs I am aware of that contain:

Superwoman [[Where were You When I Needed You) [[45 was edited0
Don't You Worry 'Bout A Thing [[the 45 was edited)
Boogie On reggae Woman [[the 45 was edited)
Another Star [[the 45 was edited)
Did I hear You Say You Love Me
Love Light In Flight [[45 was edited)

Sure, I can recreate the 45 versions with an audio editor, but the point is that they are not on CD or any other digital format. Stevie Wonder needs a comprehensive singles collection. None of his comps have all of the charted singles.

Even Rick James needs a good singles collection. That Definitive Collection that came out a few years ago does not contain the correct single edits, nor does it contain all of the singles.

Well apparently Mr. Wonder does not want you or the public at large to have these 45 edits lol. I went and looked at the I-Tunes collection and all his Greatest Hits collection and his box set At the Close of the Century and you are correct. Those songs do not exist any where that I can see. When cds first came out and Motown issued the two disc Anthology sets on some of the artists did they do one on Stevie Wonder? I don't ever recall seeing one like they had for the Four Tops, The Supremes, Diana Ross, The Temptations... What an interesting mystery. The only song I saw an edit for was Boggie On, there is a 4:11 version on The Definite Collection.

drewschultz88
06-09-2011, 10:41 PM
I'll go with:

1.) Complete Motown Singles 12A and 12B
2.) The Four Tops - The ABC/Dunhill Albums [[not technically Motown, but owned by UMe)
3.) The Funk Brothers [[the two Earl Van Dyke records / whatever songs they may have in the vault / live material)

honest man
06-10-2011, 04:33 AM
1 jj barnes 2 fantastic 4 3 spinners.

longtimefan
06-10-2011, 05:15 AM
A GREAT THREAD! Hopefully Harry, Andy and George are seeing this! :cool::cool::cool:

1. The Supremes: BROADWAY MEMORIES
A multi-CD set focused on classic broadway music
Included: [[1) The soundtrack of G.I.T. on Broadway including previously unreleased performances from the show; [[2) The Supremes Sing and Perform Funny Girl; [[3) a collection of Broadway showstoppers released by The Supremes on various albums [[examples: The Sound of Music, If I Ruled the World, Aquarius, etc.); and [[4) alternate version of some of the released tracks.

2. The 70s Supremes: LOST AND FOUND
Included: [[1) Many unreleased JMC tracks are known to fans; [[2) a few more alternate versions from both JMC and MSS; and, [[3) live performances. [Note: This would close out the fans' often stated desire to have "all" of the 70s material.]

3. Diana Ross: LOST AND FOUND
No comment needed ... isn't it obvious? :-)

jboy88
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm on board for any releases that involves the the early 70s. I know some of you night not consider it the Motown sound, but the Funk Brothers were really throwing down by 1969.

theboyfromxtown
06-12-2011, 06:07 PM
Anthing that involves Henry "Hank" Cosby

soulster
06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
[B]Well apparently Mr. Wonder does not want you or the public at large to have these 45 edits lol.

Well, we actually don't know if it's because Stevie doesn't want them out, or the compilers just don't consider them. Either way, i'll keep talking about it until I see some results. :)

blkfrost
06-13-2011, 02:32 PM
I have a huge list that I would like, but to limit it to three I would say:

1. 70s Junior Walker albums
2. 70s Miracles albums [[especially Pocketful of Miracles, One Dozen Roses, Flying High Together and the Billy Griffin led Renaissance)
3. final Rare Earth albums

theboyfromxtown
06-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Blkfrost

Henry Cosby played an active part in the Jonah Jones albums....

tamla617
06-13-2011, 03:44 PM
longtimefan
nice post, looks ace too!give me the name of your decorators

blkfrost
06-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Blkfrost

Henry Cosby played an active part in the Jonah Jones albums....

Yes, I noticed that when reading the album covers. I really did not know Jonah Jones music until recently. What a wonderful discovery.

captainjames
06-13-2011, 10:02 PM
I have one more;
"Flying High Together' by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles.

supremesouluk2
06-14-2011, 03:20 AM
Mine would be quite simple and straightforward!

1. Diana Ross: One Woman - The Video Collection to be released on DVD.
2. Motown 25 to be released on DVD
3. Diana Ross - the tv special from 1971 to be released on DVD

theboyfromxtown
06-14-2011, 05:30 AM
I have one more;
"Flying High Together' by Smokey Robinson and The Miracles.

That's cos you're a romantic!

Well, sometimes you are!

xx

timthemod
06-14-2011, 05:47 AM
The Funk Brothers - That Motown Sound/EArl Of Funk + other unreleased tracks such as 'Philly Dog' etc
Stevie Wonder - Unreleased - the 60's Complete
Junior Walker - Unreleased - 60's Complete

RossHolloway
07-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Stevie Wonder's 70's albums- Expanded Editions.

Nothing But Soul
07-05-2011, 05:25 PM
1. Junior Walker - Complete Harvey and Motown recordings.
2. Shorty Long - Complete Tri-Phi and Motown recordings.
3. Luther Allison - Complete Motown recordings.

jeff9nyc
07-05-2011, 08:17 PM
1 - Jean Terrell and the Supremes - Lost & Found [[complete with alt takes) and full live show recordings CDs [[a la Supremes in Japan)

2 - The Complete Copa Shows by The Supremes unedited [[65' & 67')

3- DVDs of Live Jean Terrell and the Supremes concerts, Diana Ross and the Supremes Farewell

thisoldheart
07-05-2011, 08:33 PM
1. an ivy jo hunter anthology/lost & found
2. nic & val - the unreleased album, and any lost & founds
3. stevie wonder - lost & found
and it goes without saying vol. 12 a&b of the complete singles series, with a complete index to all volumes!

REDHOT
07-06-2011, 07:55 AM
Everything on SYREETA,I just love her voice.
Please stay positive

R. Mark Desjardins
04-26-2012, 01:12 AM
Definitely the Workshop Jazz series. I have noted that there was a fairly recent vinyl record release limited to 500 of the Pepper Adams 1963 Workshop Jazz release, recorded in NYC. Perhaps Verve, who has control of the Workshop Jazz output, could consider releasing the other eleven titles.

jobeterob
04-26-2012, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlIx0lbl3iQ

mike_sku
04-26-2012, 07:27 AM
1. Partners - Scherrie & Susaye [[with unreleased tracks)
2. The Complete Mary Wilson
3. The Complete Charlene

Bonus: Groove Patrol - High Inergy

marv2
04-26-2012, 09:15 AM
The expanded, deluxe treatment done to some of the Four Tops albums especially "Reach Out" from 1966.

A Lost & Found on Eddie Kendricks

A comprehensive anthology on the Temptations 70's hits and popular recordings.

RossHolloway
04-26-2012, 09:55 AM
Looking back over the past 11 months, quite of few of our Motown wishes did come true!

BabyLuv64
04-26-2012, 10:00 AM
All the Diana variety show specials & her Tony award-winning Broadway show on DVD.

Calv1971
04-26-2012, 10:33 AM
I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE the following

Martha Reeves and the Vandellas "Live at the Copacabana"
All of Martha's remaining unreleased recordings, with and without the Vandellas.
All of Chris Clark's remaining unreleased recordings.
All of Tommy Good's unreleased recodings.
Complete Lewis Sisters/Little Lisa recordings.
Complete recordings of Linda Griner, Hattie Littles, Connie Haines, Carolyn Crawford, Liz Lands, Sherri Taylor.
In fact anything that is yet to come out of those wonderful Motown Vaults!!!!!!!!!!!
And finally a proper release of the 1963 Motortown Reveue, many years long overdue in being released!

honest man
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I would love on cd now the Spinners is happening [need this one so bad]2 JJ Barnes3 Fantastic 4Stevie's 60s lost and found5 Gladys and the pips lost and found 6 Originals lost and found [maybe].Yes im Greedy,Calv71 Tommy Good has had a Spectrum release [ Brilliant] check Amazon , great stuff. cheers gang.

kje71
04-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Multitracks
Multitracks
Multitracks

Or just more Motown Karaoke/Instrumental tracks if they don't want to give it up

Nothing But Soul
04-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Junior Walker--Release more of his Motown recordings. He had 16 albums on the Soul label and one on the Motown label, yet half of these have never been issued on CD. That's criminal neglect of the man's recorded legacy as far as I'm concerned.

J.J. Barnes--A comprehensive anthology of his best recordings for Motown, Ric-Tic, Golden World, Groovesville, Volt, etc.

The Originals - A comprehensive anthology.

marv2
04-26-2012, 08:11 PM
Junior Walker--Release more of his Motown recordings. He had 16 albums on the Soul label and one on the Motown label, yet half of these have never been issued on CD. That's criminal neglect of the man's recorded legacy as far as I'm concerned.

J.J. Barnes--A comprehensive anthology of his best recordings for Motown, Ric-Tic, Golden World, Groovesville, Volt, etc.

The Originals - A comprehensive anthology.

Oh I like that! You make three very good cases here. Jr. Walker &the Allstars have been severely neglected. Would to have the best of CD's on J.J. Barnes and the Originals. I'd like to see more on Edwin Starr as well.

tamla617
04-27-2012, 08:10 AM
why dont they put up the vaults on line and we'll decide what we want.
it'll be there forever and we wont have to "blitz save" to get them before they sell out.

and all these postster's wishes granted in one fell swoop!

well,i can dream cant i?its not illegal yet!

marybrewster
04-27-2012, 08:32 AM
70's Supremes "Lost and Found"
"T.C.B." Expanded with DVD
G.I.T. on Broadway
Scherrie and Susaye "Partners"
Mary Wilson Collection
70's Supremes DVD [[along the lines of the "Reflections" DVD released several years back.)
Motown 25 Expanded DVD
Motown 30: Apollo DVD
Motown 40 DVD
Motown 45 DVD
Plus all of Diana's TV specials

That's asking too much?

Ngroove
04-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Oh I like that! You make three very good cases here. Jr. Walker &the Allstars have been severely neglected. Would to have the best of CD's on J.J. Barnes and the Originals. I'd like to see more on Edwin Starr as well.

Junior Walker has already had both a 25-track Ultimate Collection, and a 2-Disc Nothing But Soul Anthology by the way...

Ngroove
04-27-2012, 05:30 PM
1. Re-release Little Stevie Wonder: 12-Year Old Genius on CD, for the complete [[not just a third of it, part 2, like what most Motown Collections seems to do), Fingertips; otherwise people may be deprived of "Clap Your Hands, Stomp Your Feet, Jump Up & Down, and Do Anything That You Wanna Do!"

Nothing But Soul
04-27-2012, 05:57 PM
Junior Walker has already had both a 25-track Ultimate Collection, and a 2-Disc Nothing But Soul Anthology by the way...

A two-disc anthology is terrific for Motown acts like the Elgins, the Velvelettes or Bobby Taylor that didn’t record a lot during their Motown tenure. Junior Walker, on the other hand, had seventeen Motown albums, ten of which have never been released on CD or any other digital format. I’m not aware of another Motown act with that much material waiting to be issued on CD or other digital media.

Ngroove
04-27-2012, 06:19 PM
2. Fifth Dimension - in a 2-in-1 disc - Star Dancing / High On Sunshine