PDA

View Full Version : New Stax releases

test

theboyfromxtown
05-30-2011, 04:57 AM
JOHNNIE TAYLOR — TAYLORED IN SILK

Taylored in Silk was Johnnie Taylor's ["The Philosopher of Soul"] best pure soul release; he was in peak form as a vocalist, and received superb productions, arrangements, compositions and musical backing from the Stax brain trust. The album includes the hits "We're Getting Careless with Our Love" and "Cheaper to Keep Her." Newly remastered with SIX BONUS TRACKS.

BOOKER T. & THE MGs — McLEMORE AVENUE

One of Stax Records' most unique and fascinating releases from their extensive Soul catalog, Booker T & The MGs' McLemore Avenue features instrumental covers of songs from The Beatles' Abbey Road album [[released only months earlier in September '69).McLemore is the street housing the famed Stax studio in Memphis TN. Truly a curio for Booker T. and Beatles fans alike, McLemore Avenue has now been re-issued with 7 BONUS TRACKS!

THE STAPLE SINGERS — BE ALTITUDE: RESPECT YOURSELF

An excellent balance of gospel and soul - the essence of the Staple Singers - 197'2s Be Altitude: Respect Yourself contains three Top 10 hits; "Respect Yourself," "I'll Take You There," and "This World." The first two were also Pop Top 20 hits, with "I'll Take You There" going all the way to number one. Newly reissued, Be Altitude now contains two previously unreleased tracks!

theboyfromxtown
05-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Sorry....I should have posted this elsewhere.

My apologies