PDA

View Full Version : Stevie Nicks - Wiltern Theater LA - CD Release and Birthday Concert

test

selbmarsh2000
05-28-2011, 09:06 PM
It was general admin. So we stood for the whole show. Pretty good location. The place was packed. Since it was Stevie's birthday, they had this table set up with these fantastic cup cakes. That was so nice of Stevie to get up so early and bake all them!

The show was filmed. Before the show started this big roar when up. Mick Fleetwood and Lindsey Buckingham were up the balcony. I saw Lindsey when he waved to folks.

The set started out with "Stand Back" which included the Nicks trademark twirl. She did intros to each song, telling stories about when she wrote what the song was about. She sang a lot of songs from the new CD and of course the classics. She spoke about a song she wrote after one of her many visits the Walter Reed Hospital to visit the troops. She said it started as a poem and she was having a hard time making it into a song "So I called my partner in crime" .... out came Lindsey. Of course I got all teary. Those two are amazing!

Dave Stewart came out and played on several songs from the new CD [[he co-produced).

Her back part singers were great and Stevie being the anti-Ross/Flowers let them shine.

She did "the walk" during "Edge of Seventeen" ..... lucky peeps up front.

I yelled out at one point "Happy Birthday Stevie" and everyone cheered and tried to get a "Happy Birthday to you ....." song going but didn't really pan out.

The show started around 8.15 and ended around 10.30.

She still looks fantastic and I really think her voice is stronger than ever.

For my 13th Stevie song ... this one rates up near the top.

nysister
05-28-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the recap! I really dig me some Stevie Nicks!!

splanky
06-05-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed the show, selbmarsh. I've been digging Stevie since she was a brunette! Plus she has held up
very well over the years....

stephanie
06-06-2011, 03:45 PM
I used to want to be her as a child....LOL I love the twirl and the fact that her name is Stephanie. She has a strange voice but it works for her and I would pay to see her over Madonna anyday. I have her Bella Donna album. Never cared for the Don Henley and Tom Petty duets she did but everything else solo and Fleetwood Mac I love. As a fan I wish she had married Lindsey Buckingham.