PDA

View Full Version : Silk sonic performs "love train" on billboard awards

test

glencro
05-20-2022, 12:42 AM
I love that Anderson Paak and Bruno Mars are keeping the classics and the classic sound alive.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNB0CbtoUpw

sansradio
05-20-2022, 06:55 AM
This performance was EVERYTHING. I recently saw Michael Cooper and [I think] Felton Pilate of Con Funk Shun singing SilkSonic’s praises for this cover on YouTube. So respectful and true to the spirit of the original.

Ms Flo
05-20-2022, 11:08 AM
Fantastic performance. I love these guys for reminding people that groups like this from the 70's set the tone for the music that came after them.

nativeNY63
05-20-2022, 02:11 PM
This performance was EVERYTHING. I recently saw Michael Cooper and [I think] Felton Pilate of Con Funk Shun singing SilkSonic’s praises for this cover on YouTube. So respectful and true to the spirit of the original.

Ditto. Sands, check out yesterday's piece on their "humility " over just that. And being "starstruck " over meeting THEM! Even having written it 40 yrs. ago.

sansradio
05-20-2022, 02:22 PM
Ditto. Sands, check out yesterday's piece on their "humility " over just that. And being "starstruck " over meeting THEM! Even having written it 40 yrs. ago.

Where can I find it?

nativeNY63
05-20-2022, 10:14 PM
Where can I find it?

One was, I believe shortly after the BBMA performance. The article I quoted from was out yesterday; it was either Billboard or another music themed article. The other interview, I referenced in another thread, had "Coversations" in the vid; the female interviewer was talking to Cooper and Pilate about Silk Sonic covering "Love's Train" in a virtual setting, Sans.

sansradio
05-20-2022, 10:53 PM
One was, I believe shortly after the BBMA performance. The article I quoted from was out yesterday; it was either Billboard or another music themed article. The other interview, I referenced in another thread, had "Coversations" in the vid; the female interviewer was talking to Cooper and Pilate about Silk Sonic covering "Love's Train" in a virtual setting, Sans.

Well, that's the video I was referring to. Thanks.