PDA

View Full Version : Diana featured tonight on Final Jeopardy question

test

daviddesper
05-26-2011, 12:34 AM
I assume we have some Jeopardy watchers out there, but for those who are not, "Who is Diana Ross" was the correct question on "Final Jeopardy" in tonight's [[May 25) episode and two of the three contestants got it right.

The category was Female Singers and the "answer" that Alex gave went something like this..."She had 18 number one singles, 12 as a member of a group and six as a solo act." Now granted none of us would have had trouble with that, but I am sure many people would have. The contestant who missed it must have come from a younger generation because that person guessed Beyonce.

I have often wondered if there are some pop music fans on the staff, especially from the 60s, because Motown gets mentioned often, along with Elvis, Streisand, Warwick, Michael Jackson, and other icons.

johnjeb
05-26-2011, 07:36 AM
Wow, the one night I missed the show. I usually watch Jeopardy while eating dinner. Last night we decided on take-out and I had gone to pick it up. When I returned they were on Final Jeopardy and I jokingly said to my partner, "Rewind the DVR I want to see the whole show." Little did I know.

Coincidentally, recently the contestants also missed a question which the answer was "The Supremes". [[I loved the way Alex enunciated "The Supremes".) I think the question had something to do with The Beatles song Yesterday from the I Hear A Symphony album.

I loved the time all the categories were Supremes song titles, however only one question actually pertained to The Supremes.

And in another recent Motown TV mention. Sunday night The Simpsons featured a few bars of the Elgins' "Heaven Must Have Sent You". Flanders, a spiritual guy, was courting Miss Krabapple [[?sp). It was such an appropriate song. It was played while they were strolling through a meadow, I think. Nice to see they used The Elgins version rather than Bonnie Pointer's.