PDA

View Full Version : That’s My story. Melba Moore

test

luke
04-09-2022, 06:40 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DjCZ-Fd-fTA What a survivor and thriver! What recent hit record of hers are they talking about toward the end of the interview?

TomatoTom123
04-12-2022, 08:05 PM
Hey luke, I’ve not watched the interview, but I recall Melba's "Let's Dance" from 2016 getting some airplay at the time of its release. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=z6lffa6E8XE

PeaceNHarmony
04-12-2022, 08:25 PM
Hey luke, I’ve not watched the interview, but I recall Melba's "Let's Dance" from 2016 getting some airplay at the time of its release. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=z6lffa6E8XEHi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!

TomatoTom123
04-12-2022, 08:29 PM
Ah I see! Thanks for that PNH. I have several of her albums from the 70s, but would like to have all of them one day soon. What’s your favourite Melba track? :D

thommg
04-13-2022, 11:07 AM
Hi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!

Her live album on Mercury needs to be released digitally. It was a fantastic set with one of her best renditions of Lean on Me she ever recorded.

Graham Jarvis
04-13-2022, 03:04 PM
Melba Moore what a voice! Check out an iconic piece of Soul and never bettered "Lean On Me" Just wait till it builds just unbelieveable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp2wnEpv7g0

PeaceNHarmony
04-14-2022, 07:41 AM
Her live album on Mercury needs to be released digitally. It was a fantastic set with one of her best renditions of Lean on Me she ever recorded.Agreed! I still have my gatefold lp -

arr&bee
04-16-2022, 09:19 PM
I had the pleasure of seeing melba back in[1980]with the temps..great singer and crowd pleasure!!

nativeNY63
04-20-2022, 09:29 PM
Ah I see! Thanks for that PNH. I have several of her albums from the 70s, but would like to have all of them one day soon. What’s your favourite Melba track? :D

I know mine is Love's Gonna Get Ya.

nativeNY63
04-20-2022, 09:31 PM
Hi Tom - Melba is a massive talent and had no. luck. what. so. ever. She was the toast of Broadway in the early 70's [[a decade of history - before your time) and had a recording contract with Mercury, who were clueless about how to record and market her. Then Melba and Clifton Davis had a nice and fondly remembered summer variety series that sank without a trace. Moore had some good success with a great series of lps on Capital but at that point her hus-a-ger entered a series of shady business dealings and sank that ... Anyhoo, Melba is a wonderful singer - I joyously remember seeing Melba at the Metropolitan Opera House in December of '76 with a friend who idolized Moore. A great, great night in NYC. Best to you!

So true. Oh so true. I believe her peer was Evelyn Champagne King back then. Maybe even Donna Summer fir awhile during the waning Disco era.

nativeNY63
05-03-2022, 09:56 PM
New single & album, Imagine just dropped. Go to SoulTracks for a sneak peek. It's really really good. Her voice is clear as a bell. 80s vibe to track!

daviddesper
05-04-2022, 11:36 PM
I checked on Amazon and other places for this and no mention of it. Will it be available as a physical CD?

nativeNY63
05-05-2022, 08:32 AM
I checked on Amazon and other places for this and no mention of it. Will it be available as a physical CD?

I probably missed that on SoulTracks. After listening to the clip of the single, the site has a list of all current and future album and/or CD releases. Sorry about that , David.