PDA

View Full Version : Legendary Comic/Actor/Writer/Director Scoey Mitchlll Dies at 92

test

sansradio
03-25-2022, 09:03 AM
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/scoey-mitchell-dead-barefoot-park-1235118079/

moe
03-25-2022, 09:20 AM
I sure do remember him!! Sorry to hear this....RIP & thanks for all the laughs.

daviddesper
03-25-2022, 10:10 AM
Boy that is a name from wayyyyyyyy back when. Thanks for sharing the news. Quite often this website is the one and only place you will see a celebrity obituary.

reese
03-25-2022, 10:53 AM
Scoey was one of those people that I remember seeing on tv all the time when I was a kid. I don't think I've seen him since he played Richard Pryor's father in JO JO DANCER. May he R.I.P.

sansradio
03-25-2022, 11:15 AM
Scoey was one of those people that I remember seeing on tv all the time when I was a kid. I don't think I've seen him since he played Richard Pryor's father in JO JO DANCER. May he R.I.P.

Did he not kill that role in JoJo Dancer??!?!!? "I'll knock the cowboy s#!t outta you!!!" Brilliant.

kenneth
03-31-2022, 09:52 AM
He pops up on some old game shows, like the one where the husbands answer questions while the wives are offstage, and vice versa. I believe he was married to the same lady for all these years since the late 60s or early 70s. Very talented man who I think moved behind the camera as a Director at some point in his career. He was damn good looking too in my humble opinion.

sansradio
03-31-2022, 10:05 AM
He pops up on some old game shows, like the one where the husbands answer questions while the wives are offstage, and vice versa. I believe he was married to the same lady for all these years since the late 60s or early 70s. Very talented man who I think moved behind the camera as a Director at some point in his career. He was damn good looking too in my humble opinion.

Amen! "Tattle Tales" was the couples show. And he was a "Match Game" regular as well.

kenneth
03-31-2022, 01:11 PM
Amen! "Tattle Tales" was the couples show. And he was a "Match Game" regular as well.

That’s the one! “Tattle Tales”. Have seen some of his episodes a few years ago and once his wife was unintentionally hilarious by giving such a long convoluted answer to a question that the host, Bert Convy, couldn’t stop laughing. She was a doll and it seemed she and Scoey were well matched. I’m going to look for some of those episodes on YouTube.

arr&bee
04-02-2022, 03:59 PM
Ahh man,so sorry to hear of his passing[another legend gone]scoey used to m c shows at the howard back in the day..very funny guy...r.i.p.