View Full Version : Rare Video: Jimmy Ruffin - I've Passed This Way Before

test

marv2
05-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Thank God for videotape. Here he is, Mr. Jimmy Ruffin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrWGHPoAayo

soulster
05-24-2011, 02:16 AM
Aw! They didn't use the single mis with the background singers and the orchestra.

roger
05-24-2011, 03:59 AM
Aw! They didn't use the single mis with the background singers and the orchestra.

:)

"Beat Club" .. Presumably the German TV show?

It would be interesting to know when that was filmed, the song charted twice in Britain [[ on original release in 1967 as the follow up to "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted", and then again when reissued in 1969 )... I wonder if the same was the case in Germany?

Roger

theboyfromxtown
05-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Soulster

Can you explain where please

bradburger
06-30-2011, 05:47 PM
Soulster

Can you explain where please

John,

In think he means they didn't use the 45 version which had strings on it. :)

The stereo mix had them mixed out. :[[

Nice find btw Marv!

Cheers

Paul

marv2
06-30-2011, 06:04 PM
John,

In think he means they didn't use the 45 version which had strings on it. :)

The stereo mix had them mixed out. :[[

Nice find btw Marv!

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul, it is a classic across the board!

mysterysinger
07-01-2011, 06:07 AM
Some of those Dean & Weatherspoon productions on JR seem to me to have been a little ahead of their time. Some really nice stuff which was a bit different, more sophisticated even than some of the other Motown things around then. Just me probably though. Did anyone else do a version of I'll Say Forever My Love?

soulwally
07-01-2011, 06:21 AM
They certainly had their own sound within the Motown Sound. Some of it a little on the soft side for me, but... You can always tell a DW song, too - they invariably start with the chorus.