PDA

View Full Version : 1969 set list

test

sup_fan
03-04-2022, 03:51 PM
a fan posted an image of a review from the girls' performance at the Empire Room at the Waldorf Astoria. I don't have the dates of that gig but the reviewer mentions seeing them on a Wednesday and there's a note of [[14) so i'm guessing he's saying he saw them on the 14th which was a Wed night. The only Wednesday the 14th in 1969 occurred in May. so i'm guessing this is a set list from May 69

it's similar to Farewell which means they were using that overall format as far back as May

opening with TCB
Stop
baby Love [[guessing part of the medley but not specified)
Love child
Lady is a tramp
somewhere
Big spender
can't take my eyes off of you

there are no call outs for Diana solos.

as for other tunes, i'd guess they included I'm Gonna Make you love me, then maybe reflections and Love is here. probably You're Nobody was in there too

Wonder if Shame was already gone? Sign would have only been released a few days prior. and LTSI wouldn't be released until later that month. Like Hep had aired about a month prior, so maybe they were starting to incorporate Sunshine into the act?

They did Sullivan with Sign and Impossible Dream on 5.11. So I wonder when they would have incorporated that song into the act? IMO since they were still doing Somewhere, I don't know that Dream would be part of the set just yet.

zani57
03-05-2022, 11:27 PM
I saw DRATS in August 1969 at The Forum in Inglewood [[Los Angeles). Also on the bill were The Jackson Five, Edwin Starr and The Edwin Hawkins Singers.
I was 12. Oddly, the one song that I remember very well was "Queen of the House." I think as a kid who knew "King of the Road," 12-year-old me was hoping for more hits.