PDA

View Full Version : "The Answer is Always Love" Diana Ross

test

TNSUN
02-09-2022, 02:35 PM
After repeated discovery, this song is healing perfection. Treat yourself to love!

thommg
02-09-2022, 03:16 PM
I find that the positive tone of all the songs is refreshing, despite some of the lyrics being a little clunky. I always feel good after listening to this song, and this album.

Spreadinglove21
02-09-2022, 09:11 PM
In the hands of a lesser vocalist, The Answer is always Love would be mawkish syrup. But I really like this song on the Thank You album. Maybe she will add it to her show?

TomatoTom123
02-10-2022, 06:51 AM
I think this is a really lovely song, nicely orchestrated and passionately sung. :D

Originally written and recorded by Siedah Garrett…!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=OJeNS3w_Btk

Circa 1824
02-10-2022, 06:53 AM
Diana’s clumsy lyrical delivery and a few questionable musical notes and choices.
Seems like a first draft rather than a finished product.
Never would have seen the light of day in the old Motown days.

The above original is so well done and well produced, and Garrett out-sung and out-produced Ross by a mile.

1382hitsville
02-10-2022, 08:07 AM
Hi Circa,

I appreciatie and respect your opinion about this song. And yes, it sounds more polished on the instrumental side.

However, comparing voices is always a matter of taste.

I always liked Ms Ross' punctuation, vocalization and timbre. At this stage in her life she sounds more "breathy", in that way, it's easier to hit notes and cover up weakness.

Ms Garrett has a different voice, and that even changed if you listened to "Don't Look Any Further".

My personal taste in this song, I prefer Ms Ross' version. I never really liked the moaning way of singing, stretching and pushing.

But hey....some like potatoes, some like carrots...All fine and I'm just happy this nice song has different versions.

Jaap
02-10-2022, 11:08 AM
I love Siedah Garrett's voice, but I think the song works better with Ross's voice. The song itself is quite bland, bordering on generic, but Ross has that ability to make the blandest lyrics sound sincere as well as bringing bombastic songs "back to earth" [[as she does with many of the Michael Masser ballads). It is one of the strongest songs and performances on the Thank You album, which of course is also to the credit of Siedah Garrett as songwriter.

PeaceNHarmony
02-10-2022, 11:36 AM
I love Diana's rendition of 'The Answer's ...' as well. Beautifully arranged and sung and I love the fact that it does have a bit of 'tempo' to it. Another great song from a great lp. I've been ecstatic about the Thank You album since my first play.

Ollie9
02-10-2022, 01:54 PM
It’s a pleasant song with a sincere sounding vocal performance from Diana. My only criticism being her voice sounds a little to upfront. It would have sounded better a fraction further back in the mix and taken at a slightly slower pace.

Boogiedown
02-10-2022, 03:02 PM
why do you weigh 300 pounds?
because I LOVE eating junk food!

why do you have three speeding tickets?
because I LOVE driving fast !

why do you take drugs?
because I LOVE the way they make me feel!

why do you stay with that so and so who treats you like ----?"
because I LOVE him !!!

whatcha know ...the answer IS always " love"!!

rovereab
02-11-2022, 05:08 AM
I love Diana's rendition of 'The Answer's ...' as well. Beautifully arranged and sung and I love the fact that it does have a bit of 'tempo' to it. Another great song from a great lp. I've been ecstatic about the Thank You album since my first play.

Completely agree!

Ollie9
02-11-2022, 01:21 PM
Diana’s clumsy lyrical delivery and a few questionable musical notes and choices.
Seems like a first draft rather than a finished product.
Never would have seen the light of day in the old Motown days.

The above original is so well done and well produced, and Garrett out-sung and out-produced Ross by a mile.

I prefer Diana’s voice, but understand your point as regards the production Circa. The Siedah Garrett recording is certainly more slick sounding.

vgalindo
02-11-2022, 02:53 PM
They are both really nice. But I prefer the Diana Ross’ version due to her voice fitting the song better. IMO.

TNSUN
02-11-2022, 10:03 PM
I much prefer Ms.Ross' angelic vocals on this song.