PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson Christmas

test

Optimal Saint
01-11-2022, 12:14 PM
Two questions:

1. Would you have wanted an adult Michael Jackson Christmas album? I would have love to have gotten one

2. Did he ever sing any of the J5 Christmas songs in concert as an adult?

RanRan79
01-13-2022, 02:19 AM
Don't know the answer to number 2, although I suspect it is "no". Regarding number one, yes I would have killed for that if it were released after Thriller and before HIStory. A shame he didn't release a Christmas album. His JW affiliation may have had something to do with it. On it's own, no doubt it would have been a big seller.

lockhartgary
01-13-2022, 04:49 PM
Don't know the answer to number 2, although I suspect it is "no". Regarding number one, yes I would have killed for that if it were released after Thriller and before HIStory. A shame he didn't release a Christmas album. His JW affiliation may have had something to do with it. On it's own, no doubt it would have been a big seller.

Agree about the Jehovah's Witness affiliation maybe being a factor. Didn't he get flack from that very same organization about Thriller [[the song)?

Optimal Saint
01-14-2022, 10:09 AM
Agree about the Jehovah's Witness affiliation maybe being a factor. Didn't he get flack from that very same organization about Thriller [[the song)?

yes he did

thats why there’s the famous disclaimer at the beginning

RanRan79
01-14-2022, 10:29 AM

I don't know if they had an issue with the song itself, but the music video was a problem, which is why he had the disclaimer added to the beginning of the "Thriller" video.