PDA

View Full Version : Ronettes End a 58 Year, 2 Month Break From The Top 10

test

PeaceNHarmony
12-28-2021, 12:00 PM
Fun news from Billboard -

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/mariah-carey-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-tops-hot-100-ronettes-sleigh-ride-1235014113/

JimEMack
12-28-2021, 12:46 PM
Great for their legacy but they won't see a dime.

TomatoTom123
12-28-2021, 04:53 PM
People really love "All I Want For Christmas Is You"!

Great song, but I get very little enjoyment out of it anymore :rolleyes:

Good for The Ronettes. :)

PeaceNHarmony
12-28-2021, 09:01 PM
People really love "All I Want For Christmas Is You"!

Great song, but I get very little enjoyment out of it anymore :rolleyes:

Good for The Ronettes. :)Tom, I would be only too happy to NEVER hear 'All I Want ...' ever again. Nice record. Fun 126 years ago. Just played way to often for me! At least this year I didn't hear it every hour on the hour! How was your Christmas?

Motown Eddie
12-29-2021, 05:32 AM
Fun news from Billboard -

https://www.billboard.com/music/chart-beat/mariah-carey-all-i-want-for-christmas-is-you-tops-hot-100-ronettes-sleigh-ride-1235014113/

Good News for The Ronettes! I like their version of "Sleigh Ride" from A Christmas Gift For You and it's good to hear that the song made the Top Ten during this holiday season. Thanks PNH for sharing.

PeaceNHarmony
12-29-2021, 09:50 AM
Good News for The Ronettes! I like their version of "Sleigh Ride" from A Christmas Gift For You and it's good to hear that the song made the Top Ten during this holiday season. Thanks PNH for sharing.I fully agree, MEd! 'Sleigh Ride' has always been my favorite from the lp. The entire disc is extraordinary but 'Sleigh Ride' is just the most ... 'Christmas-sy' ... to me!

carlo
12-29-2021, 10:31 AM
Wow, great news! I was wondering why I seemed to be hearing "Sleigh Ride" so often on the radio this year. If I had to choose my number one favourite Christmas recording of all time, it would be this one.

TomatoTom123
12-29-2021, 10:48 AM
Tom, I would be only too happy to NEVER hear 'All I Want ...' ever again. Nice record. Fun 126 years ago. Just played way to often for me! At least this year I didn't hear it every hour on the hour! How was your Christmas?

Quite right PNH!! It was great, although I think I, uhhhh, overindulged on the alcohol. I hope yours was good too. :)