PDA

View Full Version : Rare Gladys Knight & the Pips!

test

marv2
05-18-2011, 01:07 AM
This is what singing and performing is all about. Here is Gladys Knight & the Pips in a rare clip from a Harlem Music Festival in 1969 singing [[LIVE) "Didn't You Know You Had to Cry Sometime":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLyNsgzEmAc

uptight
05-18-2011, 04:12 AM
Sweet, just like the record. Nice!

superlou
05-18-2011, 06:17 PM
Just love watching the Pips. Their steps were amazing! Always precise and classy. Did they do their own choreography or did they get help from Cholly Atkins?

marv2
05-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Just love watching the Pips. Their steps were amazing! Always precise and classy. Did they do their own choreography or did they get help from Cholly Atkins?

Cholly Atkins worked with them for many years.

soulwally
05-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Marv: Thanks for posting. Utterly captivating performance of one of my favourite Gladys Motown songs. She's great, the Pips are great and the band are spot on. Amazingly like the record

mysterysinger
05-19-2011, 06:42 PM
Bloomin' marvellous. One of my all time fave Motown numbers. Don't they look young?

And check out the posting of Giving Up from the same source on YouTube. Just fantastic.

marv2
05-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Marv: Thanks for posting. Utterly captivating performance of one of my favourite Gladys Motown songs. She's great, the Pips are great and the band are spot on. Amazingly like the record

You're welcome. I was knocked out when I first saw that I have to replay it a few times. True professionals and exceptionally talented people.