PDA

View Full Version : Mary Anthology delayed again ? And still not available in UK

test

mwmr
12-03-2021, 04:05 PM
Amazon.com now showing 24th Dec. 😡

ZERO chance of unwrapping it as a present on Christmas Day 😡

and despite repeated reassurances still not available to pre-order from any UK retailers ……

why bother announcing it if it’s not ready or pressed ? What a way to annoy customers .

why not make it available in UK -prob her biggest market ?

we can people into space but can’t get a cd on sale via a uk retailer .

only way for uk fans is to import and incur the additional fees.

Mary & her UK fans deserved better … and thanks [[for nothing ) for not having this in time for a present to open on Christmas Day

very disappointed. Even after death she’s treated badly

thanxal
12-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Amazon.com now showing 24th Dec. 

ZERO chance of unwrapping it as a present on Christmas Day 

and despite repeated reassurances still not available to pre-order from any UK retailers ……

why bother announcing it if it’s not ready or pressed ? What a way to annoy customers .

Mary & her UK fans deserved better … and thanks [[for nothing ) for not having this in time for a present to open on Christmas Day

I'm disappointed as well, but will note that I've had all sorts of things throwing unexpected delays lately due to the pandemic and lack of workers. It might not be in their control.

mwmr
12-03-2021, 04:12 PM
The pandemic is the excuse now for everything . If it wasn’t ready , and distribution in place, then it shouldn’t have been announced

thanxal
12-03-2021, 04:34 PM
The pandemic is the excuse now for everything . If it wasn’t ready , and distribution in place, then it shouldn’t have been announced
Well, it kinda is a big disruptive thing. At my job, we're waiting two to three months for work that used to take two to three weeks.

mwmr
12-03-2021, 04:37 PM
Back to my point , if the product wasn’t ready or pressed then shouldn’t have announced it

marybrewster
12-04-2021, 01:42 PM
But EVERY Supremes related release is announced early. This really is no exception. As mentioned, even Diana's "Thank You" was pushed back. It really should come as no surprise. Clearly there's an issue, and I'm sure it's being addressed.

marybrewster
12-04-2021, 01:44 PM
Doesn't anyone remember years ago when Hip-O was in existence, we'd get the Expanded Editions well before any other outlet? When these were numbered, limited editions. I snagged 00001 of the Supremes LIVE IN JAPAN. Because I bought right from Hip-O. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars, support the small retailer, and get the release early.

bradsupremes
12-04-2021, 03:29 PM
Back to my point , if the product wasn’t ready or pressed then shouldn’t have announced it

I get your frustrations, but again this is could be out of their hands. They have no control over whether something gets delayed by CD manufacturers or printers. They could have been promised from the manufacturer “We’ll have our materials in our facility on this date and we should have your product ready by this date.” Something could pop up which then causes delays. It happens especially in this time of Covid. I work at a museum and we have problems with getting materials for our exhibits on time. It’s happening all over. Have you ever considered there may not be availability to the UK because all that’s going on with Brexit? There are problems with the United States Postal Service which have been essentially told to slow down mail delivery. It’s really unfair to put this blame on Real Gone. They want us to have this on time. They have been spot on with their products arriving before release date. Cut them some slack. We’re all dealing with this.

jobeterob
12-04-2021, 06:42 PM
I get your frustrations, but again this is could be out of their hands. They have no control over whether something gets delayed by do CD manufacturers or printers. They could have been promised from the manufacturer “We’ll have our materials in our facility on this date and we should have your product ready by this date.” Something could pop up which then causes delays. It happens especially in this time of Covid. I work at a museum and we have problems with getting materials for our exhibits on time. It’s happening all over. Have you ever considered there may not be availability to the UK because all that’s going on with Brexit? There are problems with the United States Postal Service which have been essentially told to slow down mail delivery. It’s really unfair to put this blame on Real Gone. They want us to have this on time. They have been spot on with their products arriving before release date. Cut them some slack. We’re all dealing with this.

All possible

And in addition, to the companies the cd means next to nothing or maybe just a pain in the ass - they just want you to stream

jobeterob
12-04-2021, 06:52 PM
We still need to be very grateful for this coming at all - can you imagine how much money the company makes on this type of thing?

carlo
12-05-2021, 12:07 AM
We still need to be very grateful for this coming at all - can you imagine how much money the company makes on this type of thing?

Have you preordered your copy, Jobeterob?

carlo
12-05-2021, 10:18 AM
Doesn't anyone remember years ago when Hip-O was in existence, we'd get the Expanded Editions well before any other outlet? When these were numbered, limited editions. I snagged 00001 of the Supremes LIVE IN JAPAN. Because I bought right from Hip-O. I'd rather pay a few extra dollars, support the small retailer, and get the release early.

'Reflections of' Hip-O Select...to quote Lynda from Live In Japan, "That was a VERY long time ago, sweetie!" :) As a fan in the US, consider yourself blessed that you only had to pay a few extra dollars to order from Hip-O, or even Real Gone ;) For the rest of us, it's not unusual to pay double, or more. Loyalty isn't cheap for non-US fans, especially when you live in a common-wealth country, formerly ruled by a queen!

Interestingly enough, I have a non-numbered copy of that release, which I was informed is also rare, since it is from a small handful of non-numbered promotional copies pressed of this release. So perhaps mine is considered as #00000? ;)

mwmr
12-05-2021, 03:11 PM
I get your frustrations, but again this is could be out of their hands. They have no control over whether something gets delayed by CD manufacturers or printers. They could have been promised from the manufacturer “We’ll have our materials in our facility on this date and we should have your product ready by this date.” Something could pop up which then causes delays. It happens especially in this time of Covid. I work at a museum and we have problems with getting materials for our exhibits on time. It’s happening all over. Have you ever considered there may not be availability to the UK because all that’s going on with Brexit? There are problems with the United States Postal Service which have been essentially told to slow down mail delivery. It’s really unfair to put this blame on Real Gone. They want us to have this on time. They have been spot on with their products arriving before release date. Cut them some slack. We’re all dealing with this.

no sorry , the fact that they don’t ship to the uk , or have it on Amazon .uk is not a delay it’s bad business sense/planning and zero to do with covid

kenneth
12-05-2021, 04:46 PM
no sorry , the fact that they don’t ship to the uk , or have it on Amazon .uk is not a delay it’s bad business sense/planning and zero to do with covid

Why is it so much more expensive to buy releases from the USA in the UK, as opposed to buying releases from the UK to ship to the USA? To me the prices seem about the same when I’ve ordered things from Amazon UK. Yes I usually pay a little more for shipping, but even the shipping isn’t all that much more. Is this because of value added tax or something like that? I know we don’t have that here in the US.

marybrewster
12-05-2021, 04:53 PM
'reflections of' hip-o select...to quote lynda from live in japan, "that was a very long time ago, sweetie!" :) as a fan in the us, consider yourself blessed that you only had to pay a few extra dollars to order from hip-o, or even real gone ;) for the rest of us, it's not unusual to pay double, or more. Loyalty isn't cheap for non-us fans, especially when you live in a common-wealth country, formerly ruled by a queen!

Interestingly enough, i have a non-numbered copy of that release, which i was informed is also rare, since it is from a small handful of non-numbered promotional copies pressed of this release. So perhaps mine is considered as #00000? ;)

pass me the ice!

marybrewster
12-05-2021, 04:57 PM
'Reflections of' Hip-O Select...to quote Lynda from Live In Japan, "That was a VERY long time ago, sweetie!" :) As a fan in the US, consider yourself blessed that you only had to pay a few extra dollars to order from Hip-O, or even Real Gone ;) For the rest of us, it's not unusual to pay double, or more. Loyalty isn't cheap for non-US fans, especially when you live in a common-wealth country, formerly ruled by a queen!

Interestingly enough, I have a non-numbered copy of that release, which I was informed is also rare, since it is from a small handful of non-numbered promotional copies pressed of this release. So perhaps mine is considered as #00000? ;)

Out of curiosity though, I would assume this is the case for hundreds of releases, from multiple sources, not unique to Hip-O or Real Gone? Hasn't there ALWAYS been a issue with getting service to the UK or Canada? Don't you have to pay extra for your Abba releases, or anything else that would be considered an "import" from the US? So why is there always so much beef with this company, or these titles?

carlo
12-05-2021, 05:02 PM
Why is it so much more expensive to buy releases from the USA in the UK, as opposed to buying releases from the UK to ship to the USA? To me the prices seem about the same when I’ve ordered things from Amazon UK. Yes I usually pay a little more for shipping, but even the shipping isn’t all that much more. Is this because of value added tax or something like that? I know we don’t have that here in the US.

Ken, curious as to when you last purchased from Amazon UK? The shipping costs have skyrocketed in the past two years. For me to ship a CD from Amazon UK to Canada, it now costs $18 USD in shipping. It never used to be this way previously. The shipping charge on a CD from the US to Canada is almost always just as high. The international postal rates have changed drastically in recent years. For instance, you can no longer ship a CD from the US to Canada using a cheaper letter mail method, as USPS now requires anything that doesn't fit through a flat letter machine to be shipped via a much more expensive shipping service [[ie First Class Mail or Priority Mail). Thank Trump for that and the many people who now defer to Amazon for all of their purchases. Its left so many of our postal systems and small businesses on life support.

Then add import taxes/customs onto those high shipping charges....

marybrewster
12-05-2021, 05:04 PM

Ok, well we'll just wait in the bushes for the next ACE / Kent release then go nuts when there's a delay. Really no difference.

marybrewster
12-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Ken, curious as to when you last purchased from Amazon UK? The shipping costs have skyrocketed in the past two years. For me to ship a CD from Amazon UK to Canada, it now costs $18 USD in shipping. It never used to be this way previously. The shipping charge on a CD from the US to Canada is almost always just as high. The international postal rates have changed drastically in recent years. For instance, you can no longer ship a CD from the US to Canada using a cheaper letter mail method, as USPS now requires anything that doesn't fit through a flat letter machine to be shipped via a much more expensive shipping service [[ie First Class Mail or Priority Mail). Thank Trump for that and the many people who now defer to Amazon for all of their purchases. Its left so many of our postal systems and small businesses on life support.

Then add import taxes/customs onto those high shipping charges....

Girl just tell me what you want and I'll buy it and ship it for you.

carlo
12-05-2021, 05:17 PM
Out of curiosity though, I would assume this is the case for hundreds of releases, from multiple sources, not unique to Hip-O or Real Gone? Hasn't there ALWAYS been a issue with getting service to the UK or Canada? Don't you have to pay extra for your Abba releases, or anything else that would be considered an "import" from the US? So why is there always so much beef with this company, or these titles?

Lol "pass me the ice!!" "Ooo those bubbles tickle!!"

Not always. It really depends if a release is made available in another country through its domestic music distributor. For instance, in Canada we have FAB Distribution that picks up a lot of US releases for distribution to retailers here, whether it's an online retailer or physical store. In that case, many of those releases are distributed here domestically, are more affordable. However, in those rare cases where you are ordering directly from the label and paying those shipping costs to have it delivered to your own door from the US or somewhere else...it can be quite pricey. A couple of years ago, I bought the vinyl mono reissue of Reflections, which was only available through direct purchase from Universal Music's online store in the US. That cost me approx. $60, whereas if you're in the States, you get free shipping, lower taxes...it would have cost half that. I also ordered a vinyl record from the UK earlier this year, also direct from the music label...and it cost me a whopping $70.

The difference is that a Canadian distributor can import a box of Supremes CD's and pay a shipping fee and import fees on that box and it only adds a few dollars to the end price of each CD/unit...whereas if you're importing one CD yourself from elsewhere, the cost per unit is usually much higher. In this case, I bought two copies of Mary's cd from Real Gone, because it makes more financial sense to pay $15 shipping plus possibly customs fees, on two copies, versus pay the same shipping charge on one CD.

The international postal rates these days are so effed up. I could have someone ship me one cd from the US and it will cost them between $15 to $18 in shipping, or I could ask them to ship me a box of 12 CDs and it would cost $25. It makes no sense.

...I say all of this basically to say that I think most people are unaware of these issues concerning the importing of goods in their respective countries, and they just default to blaming the record labels for the prices they have to pay or lack of availability, when it's truly out of their hands. We are all feeling the ripple effects of covid, shipping prices, distribution issues, import fees etc. These issues have always been there, but now it's even worse.

carlo
12-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Girl just tell me what you want and I'll buy it and ship it for you.

Thank you, but...

https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/54753056/i-want-a-golden-goose-now.jpg

mwmr
12-05-2021, 06:14 PM
Ok, well we'll just wait in the bushes for the next ACE / Kent release then go nuts when there's a delay. Really no difference.

I’ve never bought a release off those labels.

I’m entitled to my opinion as much as any other poster on this thread and I still think the UK fans of Mary’s are being treated terrible .
I had asked my partner for this as an Xmas gift and on its original release date it would have arrived .

I’ve always supported smaller labels as they keep physical releases coming as Universal don’t give a toss . However I feel in this instance Real Gone and second disc have screwed up.

no wonder so many people but bootlegs.

anyway I’ve had my partner cancel the order now , my interest has passed and I won’t purchase anything released by Real Gone … again my opinion and my choice as a consumer

Mary deserved better

carlo
12-05-2021, 06:57 PM
mwmr, you're one of the biggest Mary fans on this forum. That being said, I hope you'll reconsider purchasing this release down the road. I was not involved with this project, but as a fellow loyal fan, I am willing to bet that we will all be pleased with the results of this release. I know you will love it :) As frustrating as it can be for something to be delayed, these types of things do happen often. I know that if Mary was still here with us, she would be gracious and understanding of this release date delay. In fact, I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but she herself used to announce her own album release all the time in interviews with her own anticipated release date. Her self announced release dates would always come and go, because she struggled to get her music out on the market, for one reason or another. So we as her fans are not new to release date delays.

Knowing all of the hurdles it must have taken to get this CD out on the market, and the hurdles Mary had to face over the years with releasing her music, I think it deserves our support. There have been virtually no Supremes related releases this year. We finally have something celebrating Ms Wilson's very own legacy. Something that she's deserving of and would be proud of, no doubt. I hope everyone will come out to buy it. I also hope you will reconsider, mwmr. :)

bradsupremes
12-05-2021, 07:32 PM
IÂ’ve never bought a release off those labels.

IÂ’m entitled to my opinion as much as any other poster on this thread and I still think the UK fans of MaryÂ’s are being treated terrible .
I had asked my partner for this as an Xmas gift and on its original release date it would have arrived .

IÂ’ve always supported smaller labels as they keep physical releases coming as Universal donÂ’t give a toss . However I feel in this instance Real Gone and second disc have screwed up.

anyway IÂ’ve had my partner cancel the order now , my interest has passed and I wonÂ’t purchase anything released by Real Gone Â… again my opinion and my choice as a consumer

Mary deserved better

If you think Real Gone is screwing over the UK on purpose, you are sorely mistaken. You donÂ’t know the facts about whatÂ’s going on. None of us know whatÂ’s going on to cause the delay but IÂ’m positive its not something Real Gone wants or planned. Getting upset and vowing not to purchase from Real Gone again solves nothing except you not getting any future releases.

IÂ’m sorry you had your partner cancel the order. I hope you donÂ’t regret it.

PeaceNHarmony
12-05-2021, 08:02 PM
True fans of both Mary and the Supremes will buy the release when Real Gone is able to get it completed. RG is a reputable company and only wants to do well by fans.

marybrewster
12-05-2021, 08:48 PM
Lol "pass me the ice!!" "Ooo those bubbles tickle!!"

Not always. It really depends if a release is made available in another country through its domestic music distributor. For instance, in Canada we have FAB Distribution that picks up a lot of US releases for distribution to retailers here, whether it's an online retailer or physical store. In that case, many of those releases are distributed here domestically, are more affordable. However, in those rare cases where you are ordering directly from the label and paying those shipping costs to have it delivered to your own door from the US or somewhere else...it can be quite pricey. A couple of years ago, I bought the vinyl mono reissue of Reflections, which was only available through direct purchase from Universal Music's online store in the US. That cost me approx. $60, whereas if you're in the States, you get free shipping, lower taxes...it would have cost half that. I also ordered a vinyl record from the UK earlier this year, also direct from the music label...and it cost me a whopping $70.

The difference is that a Canadian distributor can import a box of Supremes CD's and pay a shipping fee and import fees on that box and it only adds a few dollars to the end price of each CD/unit...whereas if you're importing one CD yourself from elsewhere, the cost per unit is usually much higher. In this case, I bought two copies of Mary's cd from Real Gone, because it makes more financial sense to pay $15 shipping plus possibly customs fees, on two copies, versus pay the same shipping charge on one CD.

The international postal rates these days are so effed up. I could have someone ship me one cd from the US and it will cost them between $15 to $18 in shipping, or I could ask them to ship me a box of 12 CDs and it would cost $25. It makes no sense.

...I say all of this basically to say that I think most people are unaware of these issues concerning the importing of goods in their respective countries, and they just default to blaming the record labels for the prices they have to pay or lack of availability, when it's truly out of their hands. We are all feeling the ripple effects of covid, shipping prices, distribution issues, import fees etc. These issues have always been there, but now it's even worse.

I understand where you're coming from. But Real Gone could have also easily charged $59.99 for this "boutique" release. Would you have not bought it then?

At the price it is, even with outrageous shipping, it's still something we never expected, and will never get again.

marybrewster
12-05-2021, 08:52 PM
I’ve never bought a release off those labels.

I’m entitled to my opinion as much as any other poster on this thread and I still think the UK fans of Mary’s are being treated terrible .

I’ve always supported smaller labels as they keep physical releases coming as Universal don’t give a toss . However I feel in this instance Real Gone and second disc have screwed up.

anyway I’ve had my partner cancel the order now , my interest has passed and I won’t purchase anything released by Real Gone … again my opinion and my choice as a consumer

Mary deserved better

Buy it. Or not. Of course you're entitled to your opinion. It's a shame this ruined your Christmas though. After the last two years we've had, a Mary Wilson CD won't make or break my holiday season.

None of us in this lifetime ever thought we'd see a release like this. On Mary Wilson! She'd relish every damn moment.

carlo
12-05-2021, 09:59 PM
I understand where you're coming from. But Real Gone could have also easily charged $59.99 for this "boutique" release. Would you have not bought it then?

At the price it is, even with outrageous shipping, it's still something we never expected, and will never get again.

Of course I would have bought it. I spent over $70 in order to buy two from Real Gone. I'm just kindly stating the facts, in defense of those international fans who are price sensitive, due to the additional costs involved with importing an item. Just trying to provide some additional insight into a situation that perhaps some US fans don't fully understand or consider, when they see these sorts of complaints posted by others. I can sympathize.

Now get me some ice!! :) And a pack of smokes too!!

jobeterob
12-05-2021, 10:47 PM
I hate to admit it but I haven’t even bought Thank You yet. But I’m hopeful for Christmas. And I asked for this as well. This has a bit more appeal than Thank You to me just because I’m more familiar with it. But I know If The World Just Danced and I’m impressed by the odd snippet.

Maybe they are having trouble getting all the necessary permissions.

This release just makes me wish that Mary has accepted she was part of the background and joined Return to Love.

carlo
12-05-2021, 10:58 PM
This release just makes me wish that Mary has accepted she was part of the background and joined Return to Love.

Lol :rolleyes:

And on that note...I am making my exit from this thread. I won't be sticking around for the feeding of the trolls.

Ollie9
12-06-2021, 08:13 AM
Amazon.com now showing 24th Dec. 

ZERO chance of unwrapping it as a present on Christmas Day 

As a UK resident i’m also very disappointed, but in the wake of events of the past two years, i consider not being able to open a a Mary Wilson cd on Christmas Day rather small fry.
The message of Diana’s new album is being grateful for the blessings we do have in our lives. This message, particularly at Christmas time is one we all need to remind ourselves of.

kenneth
12-06-2021, 08:31 AM
Ken, curious as to when you last purchased from Amazon UK? The shipping costs have skyrocketed in the past two years. For me to ship a CD from Amazon UK to Canada, it now costs $18 USD in shipping. It never used to be this way previously. The shipping charge on a CD from the US to Canada is almost always just as high....

Carlo,

It is true I have not purchased a CD from Amazon UK for at least two years now. So maybe I am not aware of the increased cost. I have purchased from one of the Amazon sellers in the UK who regularly sells online, and their shipping cost has not appreciated much, but I suppose they are limited by Amazons rules of engagement.

kenneth
12-06-2021, 08:46 AM
As a UK resident i’m also very disappointed, but in the wake of events of the past two years, i consider not being able to open a a Mary Wilson cd on Christmas Day rather small fry.
The message of Diana’s new album is being grateful for the blessings we do have in our lives. This message, particularly at Christmas time is one we all need to remind ourselves of.

Nicely put. Let’s not sweat the small stuff.

johnjeb
12-06-2021, 01:05 PM
Through the years I've learned that if a release is scheduled for December, or even November, I will order it myself rather than ask for it for Christmas or my December birthday. Whether it be production delays or postal delays it didn't seem worth it to ask someone else to cope with any of these concerns. There have been too many times when there have been disappointments, sometimes for me as the receiver of the gift if I had relented and let someone buy it for me, but mostly for the gift giver who was counting on giving a special gift.

I ordered a couple of extra copies of Mary's CD to gift to friends. So when I send them is not an issue, at least now I won't feel the need to rush to the Post Office before Christmas.

mwmr
12-06-2021, 04:15 PM

You are of course entitled to your opinion .. as I am mine. The past 2 years have affected us all in different ways.
I’m unaware of Diana’s message, I don’t own her album as I am not a fan.

mwmr
12-06-2021, 04:18 PM
True fans of both Mary and the Supremes will buy the release when Real Gone is able to get it completed. RG is a reputable company and only wants to do well by fans.

and true fans who have spent 1,000’s over the years are entitled to be angry & disappointed but this does not make them any lesser of a fan.

RG maybe reputable but it is a fact that they do not ship to the UK or sorted a uk stockist for their product despite assurances to the contrary.

jobeterob
12-06-2021, 05:57 PM

Nice.

If anyone can't get the Diana CD, they had 10 at my local CD store - no Amazon, local etc. It's $15.99 Canadian and I could get one easily.

I guess I should not bother any relatives with trying to order the Mary Wilson CD but rather do it myself when it's available.

Ollie9
12-06-2021, 07:06 PM
and true fans who have spent 1,000’s over the years are entitled to be angry & disappointed but this does not make them any lesser of a fan.

RG maybe reputable but it is a fact that they do not ship to the UK or sorted a uk stockist for their product despite assurances to the contrary.

I’m sure you’ve been a dedicated Mary fan for many a year. I really wouldn't take much notice of this what true fans would do nonsense. It’s how some get their kicks.

RanRan79
12-07-2021, 11:13 AM

This gripe is definitely understandable. I'd stick with this argument because the other one just isn't rational in a business sense. Products get delayed every day by every company. It's part of doing business. And in this time of Covid and other upheavals, the issue is compounded. If we're going to punish businesses for the unavoidable then there wouldn't be any businesses at all.

And while I firmly believe everyone is entitled to spend or not spend their money on any product, it would be a shame if Mary's Anthology lost a sale over any of this when we know every copy counts.

jobeterob
12-07-2021, 01:50 PM
This gripe is definitely understandable. I'd stick with this argument because the other one just isn't rational in a business sense. Products get delayed every day by every company. It's part of doing business. And in this time of Covid and other upheavals, the issue is compounded. If we're going to punish businesses for the unavoidable then there wouldn't be any businesses at all.

And while I firmly believe everyone is entitled to spend or not spend their money on any product, it would be a shame if Mary's Anthology lost a sale over any of this when we know every copy counts.

There's probably some crazy legal reason for the failure to ship to the UK; it makes no logical sense; and while covid has caused lots of problems, it likely has little to do with this. I expect no thinking human is going to figure out the reasoning behind this.

PeaceNHarmony
12-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Non-rhetorically I ask - has anyone contacted Real Gone about the delay and the UK sitch? I'm sure RG wants to get their releases to as big an audience as possible.

marybrewster
12-08-2021, 10:33 AM
Another question is: do you know where Real Gone sources their product? Are the US made? I saw my Diana "Thank You" CD was made in Mexico.

In case no one has paid attention, EVERY INDUSTRY is short staffed right now. Several restaurants in my area now have limited menus, and limited hours due to no staffing. We can cry all we want, but what if they announced the release, and then there was a Covid outbreak at the plant? Or they haven't been able to find staff? Give them a damn break.

thanxal
12-08-2021, 11:12 AM
Give them a damn break.
I second that emotion.

Also for UK friends, are you sure, like really sure, this isn't a Brexit issue? If the distributor to the UK is in the EU it may very well be.

Spreadinglove21
12-08-2021, 02:07 PM
Not since the time Dawn Davenport didn't get her cha cha heels for Christmas has there been such a ruined and tarnished Christmas.

mwmr
12-08-2021, 04:14 PM
Non-rhetorically I ask - has anyone contacted Real Gone about the delay and the UK sitch? I'm sure RG wants to get their releases to as big an audience as possible.

yes I did on 10th October who confirmed they were trying to find a solution…

Doesn’t appear to have been solved yet with the release imminent

mwmr
12-08-2021, 04:17 PM
I second that emotion.

Also for UK friends, are you sure, like really sure, this isn't a Brexit issue? If the distributor to the UK is in the EU it may very well be.

even if it was due to Brexit it’s Real Gone’s responsibility to sort unless they have no intention of shipping to Uk.

like I said previously I’m no longer buying it so irrelevant to me

danman869
12-08-2021, 09:44 PM
I will never understand why people cut off their nose to spite their face... but clearly they do.

While some people have chosen to cancel their order for the Mary Wilson Anthology that they know they would enjoy simply because it won't arrive by Christmas Day, I guess the rest of us will have to enjoy our copies of Mary Wilson Anthology whenever they finally arrive. Some people create their own drama, but the trick is not to get involved in it.

marybrewster
12-08-2021, 09:48 PM
Not since the time Dawn Davenport didn't get her cha cha heels for Christmas has there been such a ruined and tarnished Christmas.

I love you! Lol.

TheMotownManiac
12-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Amazon.com now showing 24th Dec. 😡

ZERO chance of unwrapping it as a present on Christmas Day 😡

most of the time when there’s an advance announcement, even an advance ordering offer, the product has not yet been produced. This may be for many reasons, including that everything may not be finalized as to what will be included but it could be many other reasons. Currently the world is experiencing extreme shipping delays and shortages of components and ingredients add little things essential to making big things. Farmers in the United States cannot get their crops shipped to people around the world who are waiting for them. This is a horrible, perhaps unsolvable, situation everyone on the planet is experiencing. I share your frustration, but it is what it is end it has not diminish my support for the product. I’m not all that wild about the material, but I believe that everybody who is interested in the Supremes and Mary would be happy if it were possible for them to purchase this product in hopes that other products may become available due to demand.

this entire year has been weird, the whole world is topsy-turvy and that includes the unexpected passing of mary wilson. It’s almost just as weird that they’re issuing this anthology at all, let alone in physical form. I will get my copy And I will find a source for people in the UK if it is not offered there. We all share the same common interest.

marybrewster
12-08-2021, 10:58 PM
most of the time when there’s an advance announcement, even an advance ordering offer, the product has not yet been produced. This may be for many reasons, including that everything may not be finalized as to what will be included but it could be many other reasons. Currently the world is experiencing extreme shipping delays and shortages of components and ingredients add little things essential to making big things. Farmers in the United States cannot get their crops shipped to people around the world who are waiting for them. This is a horrible, perhaps unsolvable, situation everyone on the planet is experiencing. I share your frustration, but it is what it is end it has not diminish my support for the product. I’m not all that wild about the material, but I believe that everybody who is interested in the Supremes and Mary would be happy if it were possible for them to purchase this product in hopes that other products may become available due to demand.

this entire year has been weird, the whole world is topsy-turvy and that includes the unexpected passing of mary wilson. It’s almost just as weird that they’re issuing this anthology at all, let alone in physical form. I will get my copy And I will find a source for people in the UK if it is not offered there. We all share the same common interest.

All of this! Thank you!

jack020
12-09-2021, 05:24 AM
The release date has been pushed back to January 7th. However, the pre-order price has been reduced by $3, down to $26.99:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09H5HF5TL/?tag=imwan-20

Ollie9
12-09-2021, 06:15 AM

An insightful and astute post MM.

jobeterob
12-09-2021, 01:48 PM
An insightful and astute post MM.

There's a pretty intense level of anxiety here about a CD release.

In Canada where I live, the Provincial Health Authorities routinely tell us to be kind and understanding and put it into practice daily because covid has brought so much anxiety and strong feelings about vaccinations and unvaccinated people.

I'm sure there will be a way to purchase this CD somehow in the next couple of months; as someone else indicated, it's quite remarkable that this has made it to release; most of us who will purchase it are in an older age group where having it on CD is a treat.

I'm learning to stream; I have Apple Music; and I have to say, it's pretty cool; you don't need any players; you don't need cds; you can switch around pretty conveniently. But I must admit, if it weren't for my children, I wouldn't have had a clue.

kenneth
12-09-2021, 04:47 PM
The Real Gone web site shows 12/17 as the release date for the Mary Wilson Anthology which contradicts the emails we all got.

Just FYI, The BJ Thomas "In Remembrance" album, which previously had the same early December release date as the Mary Wilson, has also been bumped, all the way to 02/04/22, a whole two months.

So at least we'll have Mary Wilson in hand much sooner than that.

mwmr
12-09-2021, 05:03 PM
I will never understand why people cut off their nose to spite their face... but clearly they do.

While some people have chosen to cancel their order for the Mary Wilson Anthology that they know they would enjoy simply because it won't arrive by Christmas Day, I guess the rest of us will have to enjoy our copies of Mary Wilson Anthology whenever they finally arrive. Some people create their own drama, but the trick is not to get involved in it.

my money, my choice as a consumer , my drama [[by posting you involved yourself paradoxically)

enjoy your copy when it arrives

it’s not as if Mary will financially benefit sadly

marybrewster
12-09-2021, 10:17 PM
"like I said previously I’m no longer buying it so irrelevant to me"

So then why continue to down it?

Roberta75
12-09-2021, 11:44 PM
my money, my choice as a consumer , my drama [[by posting you involved yourself paradoxically)

enjoy your copy when it arrives

it’s not as if Mary will financially benefit sadly

But Marys family will thankfully.

jobeterob
12-10-2021, 12:25 AM

I just wonder how much the benefit is - $500 might be lucky

If monetary return mattered, Mary needed to be out touring - with Diana

mwmr
12-10-2021, 04:11 AM
"like I said previously I’m no longer buying it so irrelevant to me"

So then why continue to down it?

a/because I’m still angry & disappointed- as I’m personally entitled to be
b/ I’m allowed to express an opinion, under the right to free speech.
c/ I’m not being abusive, degenerating anyone else’s opinion and am abiding by the forum rules.

jim aka jtigre99
12-10-2021, 08:22 AM
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I certainly can understand the disappointment in the delays, the UK fans not having access to the CD and the Amazon in Canada raising the price. I personally am looking forward to the release. I never expected this to ever happen. Now that she is gone, this may be our very last chance to have a physical CD by Mary released. I know I wished that Walk the Line along with her U , Turn Around singles and Clarity CD would get a release, but that will probably never happen. We are living through tough times. Andy and George have commented on Facebook that they completed the CD but the manufacturing portion is beyond their control. We have patiently waited [[like the 75 Supremes LP said) and when the time comes I will be happy to have it. I appreciate those who feel a different way. Time to move on.

thanxal
12-10-2021, 08:30 AM
On the spot, as usual Ms. R.
After reading this thread, I'm going to buy at least one more copy.

A wonderful and blessed Christmas to you and yours.

vgalindo
12-10-2021, 02:55 PM
Is it really already sold out on Real Gone. I tried to order a copy from their website and it says sold out.

thanxal
12-10-2021, 04:05 PM
Is it really already sold out on Real Gone. I tried to order a copy from their website and it says sold out.
Amazon [[US) still has it.

johnjeb
12-10-2021, 04:14 PM

I think there is a hold on new orders until they have the product and that those who pre-ordered get their CDs.

Here is the text of the email I recived:

Thank you for ordering Mary Wilson: The Motown Anthology directly from us here at Real Gone Music. Due to unforeseen and unavoidable production delays, we currently estimate that this title will ship to you right around the end of the year. It will not be going to retail in 2021, so you will be the first to have it. However, if you want to cancel your order, please reply to this email and let us know. If you do not want to cancel there is no need to reply to this email. Thanks as always for your support of Real Gone Music

mwmr
12-11-2021, 05:45 AM
I think there is a hold on new orders until they have the product and that those who pre-ordered get their CDs.

Here is the text of the email I recived:

Thank you for ordering Mary Wilson: The Motown Anthology directly from us here at Real Gone Music. Due to unforeseen and unavoidable production delays, we currently estimate that this title will ship to you right around the end of the year. It will not be going to retail in 2021, so you will be the first to have it. However, if you want to cancel your order, please reply to this email and let us know. If you do not want to cancel there is no need to reply to this email. Thanks as always for your support of Real Gone Music

and there it is… if you didn’t pre order you won’t be getting it [[first) until it goes to retail next year [[currently an ever changing date)

well Real Gone we in the UK couldn’t pre order because you don’t ship here!!!

. Happy Holidays

Spreadinglove21
12-11-2021, 08:54 AM
and there it is… if you didn’t pre order you won’t be getting it [[first) until it goes to retail next year [[currently an ever changing date)

well Real Gone we in the UK couldn’t pre order because you don’t ship here!!!

. Happy Holidays

Reading your posts here makes me think of this as you seem to be living out the title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBnkczLnqOQ

mwmr
12-11-2021, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Spreadinglove21;676417]Reading your posts here makes me think of this as you seem to be living out the title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBnkczLnqOQ[/

au contraire my dear, you should never assume anything , you don’t know me at all or the kind of person I am in real life

however the irony of posting the Reflections cover…. Another long promised cd set that has also failed to materialise……. ��

PeaceNHarmony
12-11-2021, 01:44 PM
Is it really already sold out on Real Gone. I tried to order a copy from their website and it says sold out.I just took a look and got the same message. Amazon has it for pre-order, at $26.99 with a release date of Jan.7. Perhaps RG allotted a certain # of copies to Amazon in advance?

Spreadinglove21
12-12-2021, 01:54 PM
[QUOTE=Spreadinglove21;676417]Reading your posts here makes me think of this as you seem to be living out the title:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBnkczLnqOQ[/

au contraire my dear, you should never assume anything , you don’t know me at all or the kind of person I am in real life

however the irony of posting the Reflections cover…. Another long promised cd set that has also failed to materialise……. ��

I'm glad to hear that how you come across in this thread is not a reflection of how you are in your larger day to day life. But I can't help but note that in your defense of yourself you bring up another hurt/grievance/resentment re: The Reflections release or lack thereof.

mwmr
12-12-2021, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=mwmr;676458]

I'm glad to hear that how you come across in this thread is not a reflection of how you are in your larger day to day life. But I can't help but note that in your defense of yourself you bring up another hurt/grievance/resentment re: The Reflections release or lack thereof.

tbh I don’t really care how I come across to people who I’m extremely highly unlikely to ever meet or whom are not part of my real life.

My husband , family & friends know & love me , the real me and that’s all that matters to me……and I don’t have to defend myself on here one jot.

but yes the lack of Reflections EE is another source of resentment… and that’s been coming pre covid… yawn.

kenneth
12-12-2021, 05:15 PM
Come on guys, don't go to war over this...

@Spreadinglove, your comments to MWMR are, shall we say, rahther, personal.

@MWMR, I understand your source of resentment...that's why I bought the bootlegs! :rolleyes:

mowsville
12-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Exactly Kenneth...ive had an expanded Reflections for a couple of years now from the German guy so im able to wait as, when and if ever Universal bother.

kenneth
12-12-2021, 09:00 PM
Exactly Kenneth...ive had an expanded Reflections for a couple of years now from the German guy so im able to wait as, when and if ever Universal bother.

As touchy as that subject is around here, I am glad I bought all those when they were available, especially considering how long we're waiting for the legitimate releases, hence MWMR's frustration.

Boogiedown
12-12-2021, 10:42 PM
As touchy as that subject is around here, I am glad I bought all those when they were available, especially considering how long we're waiting for the legitimate releases, hence MWMR's frustration.

I have only one word for your selfish actions Kenneth !

....smart !!

kenneth
12-13-2021, 12:58 AM
I have only one word for your selfish actions Kenneth !

....smart !!

Did you buy them also? I can't say I play all of them a lot, but some of them get played quite often, especially the concept albums, which I think he did the way we always imagined they could be done.

Boogiedown
12-13-2021, 01:41 AM
no I didn't. But that sure beats waiting, hoping, that the mighty powers that be will one day be nice enough and finally grace me with the music [that they personally had nothing to do with] I want to listen to ....:p......or,.....maybe forever not :mad:

telekin
12-14-2021, 01:11 PM
I know the waiting is frustrating. By the time it's released, all the UK sellers will have copies available and we'll all forget about this as soon as we have it in our hands and we're all listening and relating our impressions :)

marybrewster
12-21-2021, 05:12 PM
Real Gone has a street date of 1/7/22.

Amazon has a street date of 1/21/22.

luckyluckyme
12-21-2021, 07:24 PM
I think that it would have been better to announce 1/7/23 as the new target date. Then if it comes through before that date, we'd be relieved to get it early. :cool:

jobeterob
12-21-2021, 07:41 PM
I think that it would have been better to announce 1/7/23 as the new target date. Then if it comes through before that date, we'd be relieved to get it early. :cool:

This is supposed to be a hard CD release, right? They need that because the Mary crowd isn't digital.

I wonder if this is going to happen.

Maybe they are having difficulty getting rights to a piece of it?

markdtiller
12-22-2021, 10:09 AM
It's now available on AmazonUK, with a price of £46.81! and that's with free international shipping. I think I will wait until it's actually in stock in the UK.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09H5HF5TL/?coliid=I5S6BRCQJLBJD&colid=1C83EI367NJ4A&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

mwmr
12-22-2021, 12:42 PM
It's now available on AmazonUK, with a price of £46.81! and that's with free international shipping. I think I will wait until it's actually in stock in the UK.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09H5HF5TL/?coliid=I5S6BRCQJLBJD&colid=1C83EI367NJ4A&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

absolutely taking the p**s out of UK fans now … and it’s showing out of stock.

What a way to treat Mary’s fans.

glad I cancelled . I’ll never buy a Real Gone product again

marybrewster
12-22-2021, 02:09 PM

Glad to see that it's being offered in the UK. Nice thing about Amazon is you can lock into a price should it go up.

thommg
12-22-2021, 04:04 PM
Many time Amazon will put up a page for a release and mark is as Unavailable because they are not taking preorders for it, and they are not sure of the actual release date. This is not unusual. I don't understand the venom towards an excellent record company that is having the same trouble with manufacturing that other companies are having. If they had their way we would have it in our hands already.

bradsupremes
12-22-2021, 04:10 PM
absolutely taking the p**s out of UK fans now … and it’s showing out of stock.

What a way to treat Mary’s fans.

glad I cancelled . I’ll never buy a Real Gone product again

You realize Real Gone doesn’t control the prices. Quit blaming this on them and blame it on the pandemic, inflation, and Brexit which is the reason why the cost is so high. Hell, blame Amazon.

Fine, don’t buy from Real Gone. We’ll hold you to your word while we enjoy our collections.

markdtiller
12-22-2021, 04:39 PM
It's not AmazonUK charging that amount, it's an import seller trying to make a profit. That's why it says out of stock.

jobeterob
12-22-2021, 06:07 PM
Messy.

Mary Wilson The Motown Anthology [[2-CD Set)
$ 21.99
*Original Street date was 12/03 but has been bumped to 01/07* THIS IS A PRE-ORDER. THE ITEM WILL SHIP BEFORE THE 01/07/22 STREET DATE. PLEASE NOTE BY PRE-ORDERING THIS ITEM YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR IT NOW. WHEN ORDERING PLEASE ONLY PURCHASE 01/07/22 ITEMS ON YOUR ORDER. IF YOU WANT TO ORDER OTHER ITEMS PLEASE ORDER ON ANOTHER ORDER SO THOSE ITEMS ARE NOT DELAYED. Please Note: The industry is experiencing longer turnaround times than usual. Expected shipping dates are based on encountering no unexpected delays due to manufacturing issues or shipping back-ups and are subject to change.

PeaceNHarmony
12-22-2021, 07:36 PM
You realize Real Gone doesn’t control the prices. Quit blaming this on them and blame it on the pandemic, inflation, and Brexit which is the reason why the cost is so high. Hell, blame Amazon.

Fine, don’t buy from Real Gone. We’ll hold you to your word while we enjoy our collections.Yes all around and we'll hope the real Mary fans understand the current pressures of the world and wait patiently for Real Gone to do their usual, superb job! The set will be worth the unavoidable wait.

marybrewster
12-22-2021, 10:19 PM
Does anyone know where Real Gone presses? I saw my Diana Ross THANK YOU CD was made in Mexico. Maybe that's why it was $8. I'd rather wait and pay an inflated price for USA Made.

marybrewster
12-22-2021, 10:20 PM
Yes all around and we'll hope the real Mary fans understand the current pressures of the world and wait patiently for Real Gone to do their usual, superb job! The set will be worth the unavoidable wait.

Honey, these folx saying they ain't buying it are gonna buy it. Trust old Mary Brewster on this one.

mwmr
12-23-2021, 10:45 AM

Fine, don’t buy from Real Gone. We’ll hold you to your word while we enjoy our collections.

I’ll blame it on who I choose. They’re the ones ‘releasing’ this product . I’m not interested in a myriad of excuses.

hold me to my word lol… like I’m accountable to you.

it’s not as if they’re deluging us with releases… but yes I’ll be sticking to my word . That is my right as a consumer as it is yours to purchase and enjoy

happy holidays

mwmr
12-23-2021, 10:48 AM
Yes all around and we'll hope the real Mary fans understand the current pressures of the world and wait patiently for Real Gone to do their usual, superb job! The set will be worth the unavoidable wait.

oh please don’t pull the ‘real fans’ rubbish .

you know zero of how much I’m a fan of Mary’s or my relationship with her.

because I’m angry - which I am entitled to be - does not make me any of a lesser fan, not that I have to justify myself

mwmr
12-23-2021, 10:50 AM
Honey, these folx saying they ain't buying it are gonna buy it. Trust old Mary Brewster on this one.

LOL… trust ME I really won’t be buying it.

bradsupremes
12-23-2021, 05:21 PM
LOL… trust ME I really won’t be buying it.

So by your reasoning, if Honda has a car manufactured in 2005, they’re responsible for why a used car lot is charging double for its actual retail price today. “Well Honda manufactured and released it.” Totally makes sense.

Glad to hear you’re holding yourself to your word. Congrats on completing your Supremes music collection. From here on out, a new Supremes release that could potentially have a newly discovered Mary Wilson or Cindy Birdsong lead you won’t need.

mwmr
12-24-2021, 11:33 AM
So by your reasoning, if Honda has a car manufactured in 2005, they’re responsible for why a used car lot is charging double for its actual retail price today. “Well Honda manufactured and released it.” Totally makes sense.

Glad to hear you’re holding yourself to your word. Congrats on completing your Supremes music collection. From here on out, a new Supremes release that could potentially have a newly discovered Mary Wilson or Cindy Birdsong lead you won’t need.

Brad….

Thank you for your congratulations, much appreciated.

At my age, and with my money , and as the consumer I can do as I damn well please

I can love who I want , hate who I want, express my opinion freely , shop where I want … choose to boycott who I want without having to justify myself to you or anyone else

likewise you have the choice to purchase this cd and support Real Gone - and I haven’t questioned yours , or anyone else’s right to do so or been derogatory.

I sincerely hope you, and those who choose to purchase it genuinely enjoy it .

Happy holidays

luckyluckyme
12-25-2021, 02:05 PM
This is supposed to be a hard CD release, right? They need that because the Mary crowd isn't digital.

I wonder if this is going to happen.

Maybe they are having difficulty getting rights to a piece of it?

Just saw this at the the Second Disc website:

Very soon, we'll help celebrate Mary Wilson [[https://theseconddisc.com/2021/10/11/its-red-hot-just-for-you-mary-wilsons-the-motown-anthology-coming-soon-from-real-gone-music-second-disc-records/) and B.J. Thomas [[https://theseconddisc.com/2021/12/20/red-letter-days-b-j-thomas-rarities-premiere-on-love-songs-and-lost-treasures-from-real-gone-music/) the way they deserve to be. The game of licensing titles from "the big guys" is not always easy - but we love playing it, we love bringing you interesting stuff, and we'll keep doing it as long as the powers that be let us.

thanxal
12-25-2021, 09:25 PM
Just saw this at the the Second Disc website:

Very soon, we'll help celebrate Mary Wilson [[https://theseconddisc.com/2021/10/11/its-red-hot-just-for-you-mary-wilsons-the-motown-anthology-coming-soon-from-real-gone-music-second-disc-records/) and B.J. Thomas [[https://theseconddisc.com/2021/12/20/red-letter-days-b-j-thomas-rarities-premiere-on-love-songs-and-lost-treasures-from-real-gone-music/) the way they deserve to be. The game of licensing titles from "the big guys" is not always easy - but we love playing it, we love bringing you interesting stuff, and we'll keep doing it as long as the powers that be let us.
That must be in reference to Universal. What other "big guy" owns the rights to anything other than the solo album?

144man
12-26-2021, 02:19 PM
It can't be easy shipping product at the moment. In the season of goodwill, maybe we should all be a little more understanding.

jim aka jtigre99
12-26-2021, 03:16 PM
I personally still feel so much because of Mary Wilson's untimely and surprising passing. The fact that we have had the streaming of her 1979 album was wonderful. I am looking forward to this CD release. These times are hard, there are supply chain problems throughout the World, Omicron variant has been spreading quickly throughout the World. Some European countries are considering lockdown. The US continues to be the hardest hit in the World for a variety of reasons I won't go into here. The UK apparently has trading issues to resolve due to Brexit that has caused a delay and other issues. So, this Cd has been delayed a few times. Life these past few years should show us that impatience does nothing but cause more negativity and problems. I am looking forward to receiving my CDs in the mail, just like I enjoyed my digital downloads. I am happy we will eventually hear this and to have a physical copy. Mary herself was touting her Clarity CD which never was released save a few of the tracks being put out digitally-Life's Been Good To Me, Johnnie Mae and Why Can't We All Get Along. We waited and hoped patiently for a long time for that and the full CD was never released. I would love to have that and Walk The Line released, too. Right now I am pleased to wait for The Motown Anthology. Everyone is different, but I am sure it will be worth the wait for all of us.

mwmr
01-05-2022, 06:51 PM
And yet another delay…. 4th Feb now on Amazon.com .. [[not uk)

floyjoy678
01-05-2022, 07:39 PM
Oh lord this is starting to get annoying. I almost forgot I had ordered it until I saw something about it in another thread today.

BritishTony
01-06-2022, 09:13 AM
I don’t blame Real Gone, manufacturers everywhere including where I work are suffering all kinds of delays & holdups due to the pandemic and transport congestions plus rocketing raw material prices.
BTW Brexit was a year ago, proficient companies solved that one last Jan and if any part of this release involves US product the US never was part of the EU. I’m as frustrated as hell like everyone else but I’m waiting as patiently as I can because I just know it’s gonna be worth it. Not easy though, I agree. How much more must I wait, how much more can I take . . . .

Boogiedown
01-07-2022, 11:54 AM
If we can’t blame brexit ,

there must be some way to blame Trump.

thanxal
01-07-2022, 01:11 PM
If we can’t blame brexit ,

there must be some way to blame Trump.
Yes, it's very easy. Trump claimed credit for Brexit.
Problem solved.

Edit: right wing echo chamber source: https://redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/25/trump-claims-brexit-victory-as-validation-n60042

Boogiedown
01-07-2022, 01:13 PM
so you are blaming Mary Wilson's delay on Brexit .....

sansradio
01-07-2022, 01:44 PM
Yes, it's very easy. Trump claimed credit for Brexit.
Problem solved.

Edit: right wing echo chamber source: https://redstate.com/jaycaruso/2016/06/25/trump-claims-brexit-victory-as-validation-n60042

https://c.tenor.com/k2wAIzvBouMAAAAd/shaq-inside-the-nba.gif

Boogiedown
01-07-2022, 01:58 PM
I don’t blame Real Gone, manufacturers everywhere including where I work are suffering all kinds of delays & holdups due to the pandemic and transport congestions plus rocketing raw material prices.
BTW Brexit was a year ago, proficient companies solved that one last Jan and if any part of this release involves US product the US never was part of the EU. .

OK you sillly willy's . I'm responding to this post ^. Try to focus!

thanxal
01-08-2022, 02:36 AM
so you are blaming Mary Wilson's delay on Brexit .....
No. I'm saying we don't know why it was delayed, but that could be part of it since the OP is in the UK and we know trade has been disrupted by Brexit. My posts have been to urge patience since I don't think it is in Real Gone's control, whatever it may be.

mwmr
01-08-2022, 08:28 AM
No. I'm saying we don't know why it was delayed, but that could be part of it since the OP is in the UK and we know trade has been disrupted by Brexit. My posts have been to urge patience since I don't think it is in Real Gone's control, whatever it may be.

As the OP…. Real Gone have a responsibility to their customers. It’s ok sending e mails to those lucky few who managed to pre order but how about a proper update from them via any of the media /social media outlets?

even there website is out of date….

and still no word/announcement on a UK stockist.

fyi . Just received a cd off eBay from a supplier in USA… took 7 days…..
can’t see it being Brexit

Boogiedown
01-08-2022, 12:59 PM

OK so you aren't blaming it on Brexit and by extension Trump. Darn!

But thanks for trying!

Motown Eddie
01-08-2022, 06:36 PM
It's been delayed Again; this time to Feb. 4th.

johnjeb
01-08-2022, 06:49 PM
The B J Thomas CD on Real Gone is also delayed until February 4th.

thanxal
01-09-2022, 04:15 AM
OK so you aren't blaming it on Brexit and by extension Trump. Darn!

But thanks for trying!
But I’m also not not blaming Brexit. I just don’t know so won’t leap to conclusions. I know Brexit has wreaked havoc on trade in the UK so I wouldn’t be at all surprised were it implicated in some way. It’s called not being ideologically biased to believe or not believe explanations that reinforce my own biases.

Boogiedown
01-09-2022, 10:44 AM
But I’m also not not blaming Brexit. I just don’t know so won’t leap to conclusions. I know Brexit has wreaked havoc on trade in the UK so I wouldn’t be at all surprised were it implicated in some way. It’s called not being ideologically biased to believe or not believe explanations that reinforce my own biases.

Excellent . I agree completely with that approach thanxal.

No doubt it’s disappointing to some that we can’t somehow blame this glitch on Trump though.

I think that real gone owes its buyers transparency as to what exactly the hold up is .
No doubt they aren’t the least bit happy about it either .

jim aka jtigre99
01-09-2022, 11:35 AM
I am sure Real Gone wants to make the most money it can and by having this available, maybe garner some new fans to them to buy other products. I think some transparency as to the delays would help. I am patient because CDs are less and less available. I look forward to it, despite the delays.

mwmr
01-09-2022, 01:42 PM
I am sure Real Gone wants to make the most money it can and by having this available, maybe garner some new fans to them to buy other products. I think some transparency as to the delays would help. I am patient because CDs are less and less available. I look forward to it, despite the delays.

i’m sure they do want to make the most money & garner new fans but so far the radio silence , mismanagement of consumer expectations and lack of availability is not winning them new fans , far from …

there’s a lot of irritated customers - I’ve had several pvt messages - from people on here who are tempering what they post but are less than happy

carlo
01-09-2022, 06:01 PM
These types of delays are unfortunately common and it's out of the label's control. As an example, there is a new Peter Cetera box set that was released this week by Cherry Red, which is a third party reissue label that licenses material from the big record companies, just like Real Gone. This box set was first announced in February 2021 and it was delayed a number of times, until it was released finally this week, almost a full year later since the first announcement. In this particular case, four of the songs that the record company had originally green lighted, were suddenly withdrawn. The record company that owns the licensing on those four songs, decided to change their mind at the final hour. These last minute changes are unfortunate and unpredictable, but out of everyone's control. These third party reissue labels deal with a lot of different variables, due to them not owning the copyrights and masters and due to them not having their own in-house manufacturing. This usually leaves them at the mercy of these external manufacturers, forcing them to compete with ever changing priorities and release schedules dictated by the big record companies, who have the power and leverage of the almighty dollar. Just look at how Adele's album was given manufacturing priority and caused months-long delays for vinyl production, which was already lagging behind due to the pandemic. There are artists who have had to wait several months or more to have their album manufactured, but Adele's album was allowed to jump the line due to the financial incentive for all parties.

I can understand the frustration here but many of these reissue labels are small operations with limited man power and influence, doing their best to churn a profit in an industry where CD's are no longer in huge demand, putting out product on artists who are no longer selling millions of copies, with no direct means to manufacture themselves. Most importantly, they are depending on the big record companies to not only greenlight their projects, but are also depending on them to do so in a financially favourable manner, where they are not having to pay unreasonably high licensing costs. Many of these small label operations are also run by respectable individuals who simply have a passion for the music, like you and I, and don't always have the most sophisticated business and legal team to work with, in order to successfully navigate these issues.

And yes, after all of this, it's your right as an individual to decide whether you wish to purchase their product or not. I for one am thankful that we still have these small labels putting out the releases that we have been asking for. The people who are responsible for getting these releases out the door tend to feel frustrated at times, just as much as us fans, who are waiting for our release wishlists to be fulfilled.

I'm not surprised that Mary's Anthology has been delayed. I'm staying positive that we will still get it in our hands in the next few weeks, if the postponement of the release is only due to a manufacturing delay, as per Real Gone's website.

bradsupremes
01-10-2022, 01:07 AM
Beautifully said, Carlo! Perfect.

TheMotownManiac
01-10-2022, 05:46 PM
I don’t spend a lot of time on blame, I don’t feel any better about a negative situation because I can look at its root and point my finger at it and say, “this is your fault! “The bottom line is, whatever the situation, is still the situation after you pointed your finger. I like the fact of having something to look forward to even if it is delayed better than not having it to look forward to at all. I’m certain they are not delaying the project just to piss us off, lose customers or try our patience. I believe their heart is in the right place.

144man
01-12-2022, 02:05 PM
I'm also waiting patiently, but while I'm here I might as well take the opportunity to blame Boris Johnson.

TheMotownManiac
01-12-2022, 03:49 PM
I’m blaming Brexit on Mary Wilson!

dickiemint
01-12-2022, 06:25 PM
I've just seen this is available on Amazon UK for £46.12 ???? Surely this can't be right ???

dickiemint
01-12-2022, 06:31 PM
Just looked again and its up for Pre order in the UK , £12.99 and release date of March 4th

fightingirish46
01-13-2022, 09:37 AM
And, Real Gone's website [[where I ordered my copy) is still showing release date as January 7th. Even though, I am disappointed we dont have it yet, just still happy that we will actually have a copy. Something even 2yrs ago we thought wouldnt be possible.

Boogiedown
01-13-2022, 01:35 PM
Blame Hilary.
Anything with her fingerprints on it, doomed for failure.

mwmr
01-13-2022, 02:41 PM
Just looked again and its up for Pre order in the UK , £12.99 and release date of March 4th

still showing as £46 & out of stock, just looked ….

marybrewster
01-13-2022, 03:49 PM
Just looked myself and it says 12.99 UK with 12.48 shipping, released on March 4, 2022.

mwmr
01-13-2022, 04:45 PM
Just looked myself and it says 12.99 UK with 12.48 shipping, released on March 4, 2022.

amazon.uk right now 13/01/22. 20.43pm

Ollie9
01-13-2022, 05:30 PM
That’s all I’m seeing as well. There’s no way on earth i’m paying £46 plus postage and packing.

dickiemint
01-13-2022, 07:24 PM
I have pre ordered it and I have had confirmation for £12.99 [[ and I've got Prime) let's hope it's finally gonna come through. If you look at other options you'll see the £12.99 CD

carlo
01-13-2022, 09:05 PM
For those in the UK, try this link for the £12.99 preorder...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motown-Anthology-Mary-Wilson/dp/B09Q5DVPXF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=1F1DJ9HYW7E9I&keywords=mary+wilson+motown+anthology&qid=1642122236&sprefix=mary+wilso%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-1

marybrewster
01-13-2022, 11:46 PM

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motown-Anthology-Mary-Wilson/dp/B09Q5DVPXF/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=1F1DJ9HYW7E9I&keywords=mary+wilson+motown+anthology&qid=1642122236&sprefix=mary+wilso%2Caps%2C161&sr=8-1

Thank you Carlo.

marybrewster
01-13-2022, 11:47 PM
I have pre ordered it and I have had confirmation for £12.99 [[ and I've got Prime) let's hope it's finally gonna come through. If you look at other options you'll see the £12.99 CD

Fantastic!

Ollie9
01-14-2022, 04:49 AM

Many thanks Carlo. I now have it on order.

sansradio
01-14-2022, 06:06 AM
______

PeaceNHarmony
01-14-2022, 09:10 AM
______If djt ever goes on trial I promise to be in it's face screaming 'lock him up'

milven
01-14-2022, 10:38 AM
https://www.uncut.co.uk/reviews/album/mary-wilson-the-motown-anthology-136468/

thanxal
01-14-2022, 11:23 AM
______
Seditious conspiracy. Eleven were indicted for seditious conspiracy. That is not an easy charge to prove. DoJ does not use it lightly or for simple political gain. The Jan 6 traitors must be held to account, all the way to the very orange top.

Spreadinglove21
01-14-2022, 11:59 AM

Interesting review and assessment of the anthology and Mary's career. Hopefully we shall see more such reviews.

kenneth
01-15-2022, 12:13 PM
Has anyone received their copy from Real Gone? It looks like it's available from the web site, but shows as "out of stock," so I'm not sure if it's actually shipping or not. I ordered mine along with the BJ Thomas CD, so perhaps Real Gone is waiting until both are available. This is one disadvantage to not ordering from Amazon. You pay less but items on back order often must all be available for the order to ship. I sent an email to Real Gone inquiring about my order, so I'll see what they say.

Still well worth waiting for...am not going to cancel my order or anything especially considering that this release is something which Mary deserves, and which unfortunately she won't get to see happen.

danman869
01-15-2022, 12:38 PM
Has anyone received their copy from Real Gone? It looks like it's available from the web site, but shows as "out of stock," so I'm not sure if it's actually shipping or not. I ordered mine along with the BJ Thomas CD, so perhaps Real Gone is waiting until both are available. This is one disadvantage to not ordering from Amazon. You pay less but items on back order often must all be available for the order to ship. I sent an email to Real Gone inquiring about my order, so I'll see what they say.

Still well worth waiting for...am not going to cancel my order or anything especially considering that this release is something which Mary deserves, and which unfortunately she won't get to see happen.

Kenneth, if I recall correctly, Real Gone posts on their website [and in the description of this release?] that if you want a pre-order to ship without waiting for other items on your order not yet released, the items [such as "MW Anthology'] should be ordered separately. The GOOD THING is that you realize this release is well worth waiting for and if you have to wait a few extra weeks to receive it because it is shipping along with another CD [B.J. Thomas], that's OK.

Hopefully you get your response from Real Gone. When you e-mail, they will respond. Keep the faith!

marybrewster
01-15-2022, 01:11 PM
Kenneth, if I recall correctly, Real Gone posts on their website [and in the description of this release?] that if you want a pre-order to ship without waiting for other items on your order not yet released, the items [such as "MW Anthology'] should be ordered separately. The GOOD THING is that you realize this release is well worth waiting for and if you have to wait a few extra weeks to receive it because it is shipping along with another CD [B.J. Thomas], that's OK.

Hopefully you get your response from Real Gone. When you e-mail, they will respond. Keep the faith!

Love the positivity! Spreadin' love!

Roberta75
01-15-2022, 01:59 PM

Order it now folks to lock in that great deal cause Amazon does honor there prices.

kenneth
01-15-2022, 05:41 PM
@danman869 & @marybrewster,

Thanks kids!

K

jobeterob
01-15-2022, 08:53 PM

This release will dispel any notion that despite someone else singing the leads, Mary was just along for the ride.

I doubt she would have approved of that comment - pretty cutting

carlo
01-15-2022, 11:28 PM
This release will dispel any notion that despite someone else singing the leads, Mary was just along for the ride.

I doubt she would have approved of that comment - pretty cutting

When I read that quote, I didn't think it was cutting. The reviewer is saying that Mary was a talented lady, in her own right.

Have you pre-ordered your copy yet, Jobeterob?

jim aka jtigre99
01-16-2022, 12:30 PM
When I read that quote, I didn't think it was cutting. The reviewer is saying that Mary was a talented lady, in her own right.

Carlo, I agree with you. I think that Mary herself said when she wrote Dreamgirl that she was perceived as a piece of cotton that floated in the wind. That certainly wasn't true. Most people only think that Diana was the voice, the commercial voice and Flo was the one with a big voice put into the background and that Mary just went along. In Mary's book, she states she was always bugging Berry to give her a lead. Mary seemed to have more leads than Flo in the 60's and her voice was warm, strong and inviting. The reviewer said this CD will dispel any notions that she was just along for the ride, a floating piece of cotton. I know it has been delayed but I am patiently waiting like we did between 1973 and 1975 for a Supremes release. It will be worth it because , Mary, Honey you is terrific!

booty
01-16-2022, 01:22 PM

This will sell at a loss. Amazon will suddenly "pull" this and after a few days advertise it again for a more realistic price. If you have pre-ordered this at £12.99 [[Post free) DO NOT CANCEL THIS when it is removed, that is what Amazon hope everyone will do. That price is guaranteed.

Boogiedown
01-16-2022, 03:43 PM
I sort of don't understand this passive response to poor performance, and the notion of, "oh well its always been like that....". I think if my forte were releasing otherwise unavailable and largely forgotten music product, I would go out of my way to make my business run as smoothly as possible to please my little niche of buyers. Unreliability is not a customer building strategy.

The most problematic issue seems to be legalities. I would probably make sure all those Ts were crossed before even soliciting it to my buyers.....because if that falls through, its all for naught, and I'll Ive got is disgruntled clientele who now want their money back and will think twice about shelling out dough in good faith in the future.

If its about difficulties in pressing the product... good grief how many components are involved in making a CD ?? Some plastic... This is not a 5th wheel being assembled with plumbing and lighting and mechanics and comforts, and ......get the picture? [yes we see]
Also if this were my focus as a business I would circumvent the manufacturing issues of farming it out and invest in my own means to do so ... I'd press them in house.

I probably have it wrong somehow, but the accepted current methods, to me aren't acceptable.

I'm trying to imagine Berry Gordy in the middle of The Supremes run of #1 hits , just saying, "Gosh, I sure hope we can get COME SEE ABOUT ME pressed and shipped someday, someway , somehow" .....

bradsupremes
01-17-2022, 12:47 AM
I sort of don't understand this passive response to poor performance, and the notion of, "oh well its always been like that....". I think if my forte were releasing otherwise unavailable and largely forgotten music product, I would go out of my way to make my business run as smoothly as possible to please my little niche of buyers. Unreliability is not a customer building strategy.

The most problematic issue seems to be legalities. I would probably make sure all those Ts were crossed before even soliciting it to my buyers.....because if that falls through, its all for naught, and I'll Ive got is disgruntled clientele who now want their money back and will think twice about shelling out dough in good faith in the future.

If its about difficulties in pressing the product... good grief how many components are involved in making a CD ?? Some plastic... This is not a 5th wheel being assembled with plumbing and lighting and mechanics and comforts, and ......get the picture? [yes we see]
Also if this were my focus as a business I would circumvent the manufacturing issues of farming it out and invest in my own means to do so ... I'd press them in house.

I probably have it wrong somehow, but the accepted current methods, to me aren't acceptable.

I'm trying to imagine Berry Gordy in the middle of The Supremes run of #1 hits , just saying, "Gosh, I sure hope we can get COME SEE ABOUT ME pressed and shipped someday, someway , somehow" .....

Real Gone has always been on the ball with their releases - punctual, affordable, and top quality. I highly doubt they are being lazy or careless about this or not having their "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed. They are on the ball. After all, this is their product. Would they do something to hurt their business and products? Their BJ Thomas set was due for release on the same day as Mary's anthology back in December and his set got bumped to February 4th.

As stated earlier, these aren't top priority projects to be pressed. Real Gone may not have the means to press in house and if the manufactures they use are having issues, who's to say that others aren't having the same problems? I believe it was Carlo who may have said when a top product like Adele is announced and has a release date, a product like hers takes top priority and bumps the smaller projects in the manufacturing. If anyone remembers John Perrone's interviews on Nightflight, projects even get bumped on the calendar and studio time all the time. Would CD manufacturing be any different if a big seller has a rush release?

Another huge factor - the supply change is incredibly messed up right now. Has anyone driven by a car dealership lately? Tell me how many cars on the lots you see as compared two years ago. I've driven by a few that look nearly empty. The same with grocery stores - there are a lot of shelves empty due to lack of products.

We really need to cut Real Gone some slack. I really don't understand this negativity toward them when clearly there is something bigger going on.

thanxal
01-17-2022, 03:54 AM
We really need to cut Real Gone some slack. I really don't understand this negativity toward them when clearly there is something bigger going on.
Unhappy people gotta bitch and complain. It makes no sense to me. We're in a pandemic that has absolutely everything screwed up, as you noted. I can't even get a COVID test in the US right now and people are moaning like its the end of the world that a a CD reissue of an album that sold squat when it was originally released got delayed. Not cancelled, delayed. Are the songs soft cheese? Will they spoil or change flavor if not released in December? No. It's called over-privileged consumers who demand everything NOW! NOW! NOW! or I'll stomp my feet and refuse to buy it when it does come out. Wow! just wow.

Like it or not, Mary Wilson was not a household name. Ever. I love her and her work, but people must realize we're now talking about a niche of a niche market. Motown ain't flying off the shelf these days, vinyl outsold CDs last year, and its a fu*king pandemic.

Chill peeps, chill.

TomatoTom123
01-17-2022, 06:42 AM
Unhappy people gotta bitch and complain. It makes no sense to me. We're in a pandemic that has absolutely everything screwed up, as you noted. I can't even get a COVID test in the US right now and people are moaning like its the end of the world that a a CD reissue of an album that sold squat when it was originally released got delayed. Not cancelled, delayed. Are the songs soft cheese? Will they spoil or change flavor if not released in December? No. It's called over-privileged consumers who demand everything NOW! NOW! NOW! or I'll stomp my feet and refuse to buy it when it does come out. Wow! just wow.

Like it or not, Mary Wilson was not a household name. Ever. I love her and her work, but people must realize we're now talking about a niche of a niche market. Motown ain't flying off the shelf these days, vinyl outsold CDs last year, and its a fu*king pandemic.

Chill peeps, chill.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO
HOW ABOUT YOUUUUUU CHILL THANXAL? :rolleyes:

thanxal
01-17-2022, 06:56 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO
HOW ABOUT YOUUUUUU CHILL THANXAL? :rolleyes:
Noooooo yooooouuuu chiiiiilllllllll. TT123🤣🤣🤣

Spreadinglove21
01-17-2022, 09:01 AM

If it's cutting to anyone it's to those who think Mary Wilson had no talent whatsoever.

Boogiedown
01-17-2022, 01:17 PM
I would also be more proactive in my marketing.
If I’m seeking a niche market where every customer counts, I would be more proactive in finding them and inticing them.

For instance I’d court Soulful Detroit with a direct communication concerning each Motown offering.

For the Mary Wilson cd I’d offer an exclusive bonus for SD buyers , “enter promo code SOULFUL DETROIT
And get an additional poster [suitable for framing] of Mary Wilson blocking out Diana Ross on the Ed Sullivan show “!

Or how about …. get an additional 5% off…..

mwmr
01-17-2022, 01:47 PM

Chill peeps, chill.

Bigotry alive & well I see…

you may wish to revisit your facts … vinyl did NOT outsell cd’s last year , in fact sales of cd’s actually increased… just one of many articles online confirming it …

although probably not for Real Gone :p

https://nowspinning.co.uk/cd-sales-see-a-mini-boom-in-the-uk-and-climb-in-the-usa/

mwmr
01-17-2022, 01:53 PM
Real Gone has always been on the ball with their releases - punctual, affordable, and top quality. I highly doubt they are being lazy or careless about this or not having their "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed. They are on the ball. After all, this is their product. Would they do something to hurt their business and products? Their BJ Thomas set was due for release on the same day as Mary's anthology back in December and his set got bumped to February 4th.

As stated earlier, these aren't top priority projects to be pressed. Real Gone may not have the means to press in house and if the manufactures they use are having issues, who's to say that others aren't having the same problems? I believe it was Carlo who may have said when a top product like Adele is announced and has a release date, a product like hers takes top priority and bumps the smaller projects in the manufacturing. If anyone remembers John Perrone's interviews on Nightflight, projects even get bumped on the calendar and studio time all the time. Would CD manufacturing be any different if a big seller has a rush release?

Another huge factor - the supply change is incredibly messed up right now. Has anyone driven by a car dealership lately? Tell me how many cars on the lots you see as compared two years ago. I've driven by a few that look nearly empty. The same with grocery stores - there are a lot of shelves empty due to lack of products.

the i’s & t’s aren’t dotted & crossed though . They failed to sort out distribution to one of Motown’s biggest markets - the UK.

why should they be cut some slack. They announced a product that wasn’t ready , clearly hasn’t been pressed, failed to deliver , not kept their website up to date….

atrocious business practice .. not how to keep a niche market interested

franjoy56
01-17-2022, 02:18 PM
I personally still feel so much because of Mary Wilson's untimely and surprising passing. The fact that we have had the streaming of her 1979 album was wonderful. I am looking forward to this CD release. These times are hard, there are supply chain problems throughout the World, Omicron variant has been spreading quickly throughout the World. Some European countries are considering lockdown. The US continues to be the hardest hit in the World for a variety of reasons I won't go into here. The UK apparently has trading issues to resolve due to Brexit that has caused a delay and other issues. So, this Cd has been delayed a few times. Life these past few years should show us that impatience does nothing but cause more negativity and problems. I am looking forward to receiving my CDs in the mail, just like I enjoyed my digital downloads. I am happy we will eventually hear this and to have a physical copy. Mary herself was touting her Clarity CD which never was released save a few of the tracks being put out digitally-Life's Been Good To Me, Johnnie Mae and Why Can't We All Get Along. We waited and hoped patiently for a long time for that and the full CD was never released. I would love to have that and Walk The Line released, too. Right now I am pleased to wait for The Motown Anthology. Everyone is different, but I am sure it will be worth the wait for all of us.
I am with u on this. I will wait because I want physical copy of Mary's leads and solo work just as I did when flo solo and supremes leada were released in 2002 she deserves this and her diehard fans will wait. Touch as Mary would write

DWSheffer
01-17-2022, 02:47 PM
you may wish to revisit your facts … vinyl did NOT outsell cd’s last year , in fact sales of cd’s actually increased… just one of many articles online confirming it....

All the stories I had read so far this year and watched on Youtube say vinyl outsold CD's, although both saw sales increases. I guess it depends on where you read your news?

https://americansongwriter.com/the-vinyl-comeback-vinyl-outsold-cds-in-2021-for-the-first-time-since-the-1980s/

Boogiedown
01-17-2022, 03:17 PM
Ya gotta love statistics .... you can usually sway them toward the answer you're looking for

its correct it appears - [if one believes the given stats in the first place:p] - That vinyl outsold CDs this past year.

HOWEVER... from the vantage point of where mwmr sits, he is also correct:

https://nowspinning.co.uk/cd-sales-see-a-mini-boom-in-the-uk-and-climb-in-the-usa/

Vinyl sales in the UK grew by nearly 60% to 1,271,699. But the other thing that I think is fascinating is we are seeing a mini-CD boom in sales, CD sales rose by 26.6% to 3,151,130 which is the first increase in CD sales in years.

[an important distinction since getting this CD release in the UK has been the underlying complaint]

all good news no matter how you dice it ....

bradsupremes
01-17-2022, 03:57 PM
the i’s & t’s aren’t dotted & crossed though . They failed to sort out distribution to one of Motown’s biggest markets - the UK.

why should they be cut some slack. They announced a product that wasn’t ready , clearly hasn’t been pressed, failed to deliver , not kept their website up to date….

atrocious business practice .. not how to keep a niche market interested

That’s not how the business works. Nothing is ever done fully complete when they make announcements for presale. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes before a product is ever ready. That’s with everything. When Mary and I were working on her Supreme Glamour book, it was announced when the book was still going through heavy edits and changes. Did Thames & Hudson have the book printed and ready to go when they announced it? Nope. Companies announce these release dates ahead of time to allow any last minutes changes, submitting the final product to manufacturers, the amount of time to print and press the product and getting an estimate on delivery, etc. Sometimes things pop up along the assembly line that may cause delays. Is that Real Gone’s fault? Nope. It may be out of their hands and control. And from what I’ve heard, they have been prompt in responding to customers questions in email.

You seem to disregard the whole pandemic/supply issues as having any effect on this. I work for a museum. We have a big exhibit planned to open the first of March and contracted an outside exhibit builder to construct display cases, etc. for the show. We and the contractor had everything in line and checked, but then we got word that due to the supply chain issues, materials used for the cases were on back order. We had to push the exhibit opening date back further as a result. Were we negligent on our end? Nope. We’re living in a different world right now. Things are not operating the way they did three years ago.

As for the UK, a deal must have been made to sort out distribution because, as posted above, it’s available for presale at a reasonable price.

Besides, you said you weren’t buying this CD and didn’t care about any future releases from Real Gone. So why does this even matter to you now?

kenneth
01-17-2022, 04:24 PM
In addition to the above, they also announce release dates much earlier than when a release is ready in order to “build buzz.“ That’s a key part of launching any product.

I’ve got to say I’m a little surprised by the intensity of the dissatisfaction. Seems to me a missed release date is pretty low on the list of priorities right now comparatively speaking. Come on guys, look around you. Even here on the forum we know we’ve lost a few people, likely to Covid. I don’t know, I just can’t get all worked up about this. In fact to be honest, so many times I’ve hurried to buy a CD when it first came out, only to have it sit for weeks before I even got around to playing it. As an example, I’m not sure I’ve ever even once played the DeBarge set, though I was afraid not to buy it because I had almost missed out on the first Supremes 70s box set and would’ve missed out on it entirely were it not for a good friend here on the forum who sold me a copy.

No one should buy this release if they truly feel cheated by the missed release date but I for one am still looking forward to it and anxious to hear many of Mary’s recordings all in one place for the first time, a legacy she worked hard to achieve and richly deserved. She spent her whole life protecting and promoting the image of the Supremes and for that we always will have her to thank. This is one way to thank her, even now.

Danno
01-17-2022, 05:01 PM
This will sell at a loss. Amazon will suddenly "pull" this and after a few days advertise it again for a more realistic price. If you have pre-ordered this at £12.99 [[Post free) DO NOT CANCEL THIS when it is removed, that is what Amazon hope everyone will do. That price is guaranteed.

Real Gone are pricing it at 21.99 USD which currently equates to just over 16 GBP. That's only roughly 4 USD or 3 GBP difference to the Amazon price. I don't think would be considered a loss? The free postage is only to prime members who have paid 80 GBP up front. In my opinion, Amazon won't see it as a problem unless they start changing hands at the 46 GBP prices, which most of us won't pay. Also from past experience, if Amazon withdraw the title, they'll automatically cancel the order anyway. All we can do over here is sit tight and see what happens.

Does anyone know if Real Gone have ever shipped to UK or just recently changed policy?

marybrewster
01-17-2022, 08:36 PM
So much positivity here in these responses; I know it will be worth the wait, whether it next week, or next month. I'm so looking forward to the track "Anytime At All"; the beginnings of "Red Hot". The process and evolution of a song fascinates me.

carlo
01-17-2022, 09:14 PM

This is 100% accurate. We ordered a new vehicle in August. Due to all of the supply chain delays, it took almost six months to arrive at the dealership. Like you said, same can be said of grocery stores. There is a shortage of transport truck drivers at the moment.

Anyone who can't understand these very real issues is failing to see the bigger picture.

Boogiedown
01-17-2022, 09:42 PM
Have pressings of all CDs come to a grinding halt ?? ....

kenneth
01-17-2022, 11:04 PM
I got a response from Real Gone to my query, and they said the disc should ship by the end of this week. They said the discs are "now in transit" to them. Good news.

carlo
01-17-2022, 11:11 PM
I got a response from Real Gone to my query, and they said the disc should ship by the end of this week. They said the discs are "now in transit" to them. Good news.

Woohoo! This is great news! Thanks for the update, Kenneth.

thanxal
01-17-2022, 11:35 PM
Bigotry alive & well I see…

you may wish to revisit your facts … vinyl did NOT outsell cd’s last year , in fact sales of cd’s actually increased… just one of many articles online confirming it …

although probably not for Real Gone :p

Stating facts is not bigotry. Sorry that it hurts your feelings, but Mary's solo album sold very few copies [[relative to the industry) and vinyl outsold CDs, at least in the US. I've long been a vocal supporter and admirer of Mary so just because you threw a temper tantrum over a delayed product doesn't mean those of us defending the company are bigots.

Seeing Kenneth's post below, I am excited to get my three copies soon.

mwmr
01-18-2022, 01:57 PM
That’s not how the business works. Nothing is ever done fully complete when they make announcements for presale. There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes before a product is ever ready. That’s with everything. When Mary and I were working on her Supreme Glamour book, it was announced when the book was still going through heavy edits and changes. Did Thames & Hudson have the book printed and ready to go when they announced it? Nope. Companies announce these release dates ahead of time to allow any last minutes changes, submitting the final product to manufacturers, the amount of time to print and press the product and getting an estimate on delivery, etc. Sometimes things pop up along the assembly line that may cause delays. Is that Real Gone’s fault? Nope. It may be out of their hands and control. And from what I’ve heard, they have been prompt in responding to customers questions in email.

You seem to disregard the whole pandemic/supply issues as having any effect on this. I work for a museum. We have a big exhibit planned to open the first of March and contracted an outside exhibit builder to construct display cases, etc. for the show. We and the contractor had everything in line and checked, but then we got word that due to the supply chain issues, materials used for the cases were on back order. We had to push the exhibit opening date back further as a result. Were we negligent on our end? Nope. We’re living in a different world right now. Things are not operating the way they did three years ago.

As for the UK, a deal must have been made to sort out distribution because, as posted above, it’s available for presale at a reasonable price.

Besides, you said you weren’t buying this CD and didn’t care about any future releases from Real Gone. So why does this even matter to you now?

hey Brad you’re quite correct I’m still not buying it , neither do I care about any more Real Gone releases ….

you wrongly state I’m disregarding the pandemic supply chain issues - please don’t assume , you don’t know me .the pandemic is the default excuse for everything these days

why does it matter to me ?

a/ big Mary fan for decades who think she deserved better than this
b/ my thread …started by me…. Freedom of speech

mwmr
01-18-2022, 02:06 PM
Stating facts is not bigotry. Sorry that it hurts your feelings, but Mary's solo album sold very few copies [[relative to the industry) and vinyl outsold CDs, at least in the US. I've long been a vocal supporter and admirer of Mary so just because you threw a temper tantrum over a delayed product doesn't mean those of us defending the company are bigots.

Seeing Kenneth's post below, I am excited to get my three copies soon.

I didn’t throw a temper tantrum I expressed an opinion of dissatisfaction as a consumer.
to be intolerant of another’s opinion is indeed bigotry…. And you haven’t hurt my feelings - you , with the greatest of respect , aren’t anything in my life.

I haven’t stated anywhere Mary’s solo album sold very well anywhere .. I’m aware it sold poorly .

as another poster on here posted various sources tell different stories about cd sales and it was reported in uk press this week re cd sales increasing and still outselling vinyls….

I sincerely hope you enjoy your 3 copies.

bradsupremes
01-18-2022, 02:32 PM
hey Brad you’re quite correct I’m still not buying it , neither do I care about any more Real Gone releases ….

you wrongly state I’m disregarding the pandemic supply chain issues - please don’t assume , you don’t know me .the pandemic is the default excuse for everything these days

why does it matter to me ?

a/ big Mary fan for decades who think she deserved better than this
b/ my thread …started by me…. Freedom of speech

Well, you are disregarding the pandemic and supply chain issues because instead of saying "You're right, guys, maybe this isn't Real Gone's fault. This does sound like there are problems with manufacturing," you keep blaming Real Gone for why its being delayed. You blame them for "atrocious business practices," that the CDs weren't pressed, printed and ready to be delivered when it was announced and put up for presale on their website or that they had everything figured out beforehand distribution wise. As I stated earlier, that's not how any business works from Real Gone to Apple.

I love Mary too, but I don't see what's going on as being disrespectful to her or that she deserves better. Is it unfortunate this keeps getting delayed? Yes, but that's part of a bigger picture and not in Real Gone's control. It's not like Real Gone is making statements about how terrible Mary was or sending emails to customers "We have the Mary collection sitting in our warehouses for months, but instead of shipping them to you we're going to destroy every single copy in a fire, urinate on them just to spite the fans, and then not give customers refunds." That's not what's happening here.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but you said yourself this was all irrelevant to you. So why continue complaining if you aren't getting it? I found a nice sweater at Eddie Bauer's a few weeks back, but found it to be too expensive for me so I didn't buy it. I'm not emailing the store daily grumbling about it. I move on. I think some people just enjoy to complain.

mwmr
01-18-2022, 03:04 PM
Well, you are disregarding the pandemic and supply chain issues because instead of saying "You're right, guys, maybe this isn't Real Gone's fault. This does sound like there are problems with manufacturing," you keep blaming Real Gone for why its being delayed. You blame them for "atrocious business practices," that the CDs weren't pressed, printed and ready to be delivered when it was announced and put up for presale on their website or that they had everything figured out beforehand distribution wise. As I stated earlier, that's not how any business works from Real Gone to Apple.

I love Mary too, but I don't see what's going on as being disrespectful to her or that she deserves better. Is it unfortunate this keeps getting delayed? Yes, but that's part of a bigger picture and not in Real Gone's control. It's not like Real Gone is making statements about how terrible Mary was or sending emails to customers "We have the Mary collection sitting in our warehouses for months, but instead of shipping them to you we're going to destroy every single copy in a fire, urinate on them just to spite the fans, and then not give customers refunds." That's not what's happening here.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, but you said yourself this was all irrelevant to you. So why continue complaining if you aren't getting it? I found a nice sweater at Eddie Bauer's a few weeks back, but found it to be too expensive for me so I didn't buy it. I'm not emailing the store daily grumbling about it. I move on. I think some people just enjoy to complain.

I think some people just enjoy to complain - yet another assumption

why keep coming back & posting yourself , picking at the scab ?

bradsupremes
01-18-2022, 05:12 PM
I think some people just enjoy to complain - yet another assumption

why keep coming back & posting yourself , picking at the scab ?

Well, you make assumptions about Real Gone and that they have total control over everything in regards to this anthology. If you don't like assumptions made about you, don't make assumptions about others.

I actually invested in purchasing this product - several copies actually and eagerly awaiting for it to arrive so I can enjoy it. You're the one picking at the scab. You have said you're not buying it, have no interest in purchasing from Real Gone in the future, and this is all irrelevant to you. So I ask, why continue complaining about something you're not purchasing?

mwmr
01-18-2022, 06:17 PM
Well, you make assumptions about Real Gone and that they have total control over everything in regards to this anthology. If you don't like assumptions made about you, don't make assumptions about others.

I actually invested in purchasing this product - several copies actually and eagerly awaiting for it to arrive so I can enjoy it. You're the one picking at the scab. You have said you're not buying it, have no interest in purchasing from Real Gone in the future, and this is all irrelevant to you. So I ask, why continue complaining about something you're not purchasing?

Pick, pick, pick…..

Congratulations on your multiple purchases & I sincerely hope you enjoy them. I know I would have but as you’ve highlighted I’m now choosing not too….

I’m not making assumptions , I’m basing my decision on my perception and what I believe, is poor customer service .- you , of course my dear , are perfectly entitled to hold a different view . I’ve never called anyone out on here for choosing to have a different view or for choosing to exercise their right to purchase it … unlike those who chose to castigate me for not purchasing it & try to silence me for continuing to express my irritation and anger at something I once longed for.

by all means keep picking at the scab… it’s amusing . I have all the time in the world being retired so always happy to respond unless corona gets me a 3rd & final time.

much love .. touch. 😂

lakeside
01-18-2022, 07:47 PM

Just got a notice Real Gone has shipped my copy. Finally! Good news, indeed!

thommg
01-18-2022, 07:47 PM
Just got an email from Real Gone that my Mary Wilson CD has been shipped. I am very excited to know that this Anthology is on the way!!

jobeterob
01-18-2022, 08:05 PM
Just got an email from Real Gone that my Mary Wilson CD has been shipped. I am very excited to know that this Anthology is on the way!!

Then I should order one! Thank you

luckyluckyme
01-18-2022, 08:31 PM
I also got a shipping notification today.

And I hope that it is permissible to post the photo that Stephen Woods posted on his Facebook page today. Thank you, Stephen.

bradsupremes
01-18-2022, 08:36 PM
I also got a shipping notification today.

And I hope that it is permissible to post the photo that Stephen Woods posted on his Facebook page today. Thank you, Stephen.

That photo is on Amazon UK. Stephen just shared what they posted there.

danman869
01-18-2022, 08:37 PM
It has finally shipped! I received notice that my two copies went out in today's mail.

All of us who bought the set through Real Gone will finally have it soon! It took a lot of patience, but we persevered and will finally get to enjoy it. Those buying through retail, hang in there--it's only a few more weeks until retail release!

Those "not buying it" don't have anything to complain about anymore!

kenneth
01-18-2022, 10:32 PM
Nice looking package! Looks like some photos we haven't seen before.

Mine is on the way as well, happy to say. They also indicated the BJ Thomas CD was shipping as well, so evidently that one is ready also, a few weeks earlier than announced lately. [[Yes, I know it too was postponed from the original street date.)

Can't wait to hear both of these! I know what I'll be listening to this weekend.

kenneth
01-18-2022, 10:35 PM
Ya gotta love statistics .... you can usually sway them toward the answer you're looking for

its correct it appears - [if one believes the given stats in the first place:p] - That vinyl outsold CDs this past year.

HOWEVER... from the vantage point of where mwmr sits, he is also correct:

Vinyl sales in the UK grew by nearly 60% to 1,271,699. But the other thing that I think is fascinating is we are seeing a mini-CD boom in sales, CD sales rose by 26.6% to 3,151,130 which is the first increase in CD sales in years.

[an important distinction since getting this CD release in the UK has been the underlying complaint]

all good news no matter how you dice it ....

What's really fascinating about that stat, although it is UK sales figures that they’re talking about, is that the total units sold of 1.2 million represented a 60% increase over the prior year. That's what one platinum album used to sell at in the US terms of units! Hard to believe when you think about it that some albums like "Thriller," sold...was it 30 million?

Still nice to see the increase in vinyl sales, but seems like apples and oranges compared to the golden age back in the 80s!

sophisticated_soul
01-18-2022, 11:36 PM
I have also rec'd notification from Real Gone that my copy of Mary's Motown Anthology is on the way!:cool:

marybrewster
01-18-2022, 11:52 PM
Recieved my email too, yay, although I had to look in my spam folder. :)

I am SO GLAD I purchased from Real Gone, supporting the release direct from the source has great benefits. And those of you that did as well will be glad too. *wink*

Boogiedown
01-19-2022, 12:08 PM
I suspect part of what is going on is a bit of a shell game, where the bait is tossed out to see what is caught. The pre-orders give Real Gone a sense of how many of certain titles to press and it gives them money in their pocket up front to pursue other titles and reinvest in more popular names like The Grateful Dead.

The release date is more likely pure speculation of what could happen if everything went well at its optimum.

I think its a big mistake to offer something timed at Christmas time as if you the buyer could have it then for that reason [like listening by a fire while sipping on eggnog and eating fruit cake] and especially obtaining it as a special gift for someone and them reneging on that.

IF I were Real Gone , I would keep my buyers well informed and not have them chasing me for updates. If there are problems , say so, explain , be transparent.

When the product finally comes, especially if the delay has been rather long , celebrate!
Thank your loyal customers and even reward them

'we appreciate your patience and look forward to servicing you in the future. As a way of saying thanks for hanging in there, we will offer you any in stock CD of your choosing at 40% off and will include it in the shipping of your Mary Wilson CD. "

mwmr
01-19-2022, 01:29 PM
It has finally shipped! I received notice that my two copies went out in today's mail.

All of us who bought the set through Real Gone will finally have it soon! It took a lot of patience, but we persevered and will finally get to enjoy it. Those buying through retail, hang in there--it's only a few more weeks until retail release!

Those "not buying it" don't have anything to complain about anymore!

enjoy your copy

mwmr
01-19-2022, 03:00 PM

I am SO GLAD I purchased from Real Gone, supporting the release direct from the source has great benefits. And those of you that did as well will be glad too. *wink*

Genuinely pleased for you, and others who chose to purchase and really hope you enjoy . The photo of the packaging does look nice.

remember though some prospective buyers weren’t able to order direct from the source at Real Gone despite wanting to as they didn’t ship to the fans here .

the uk fans buying it still have to wait until 4th March

thanxal
01-19-2022, 06:02 PM
That photo is on Amazon UK. Stephen just shared what they posted there.
I got my shipping notification and I'm really glad to see they used the original Motown label. I've always liked that the best for CD reissues. It looks super and I can't wait to get my hands on it!

telekin
01-24-2022, 07:59 AM
While I wait for my copy from Real Gone Music, just got an email from Universal saying Mary’s anthology is now available on the udiscovermusic UK store https://udiscover.lnk.to/TheMotownAnthology?utm_campaign=uDemail&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Storeemail&dm_i=4YS9,3NEV,DMJV8,H9G5,1

daviddh
01-24-2022, 06:49 PM
got my copy today
lovin.... Touch and Floy Joy but to me , so far, Automatically Sunshine is the bomb,LOVE it.
I keep It Hid is Lovely
glad to finally have this, seems like forever since we got a new motown cd

jack020
01-30-2022, 06:52 AM
Sold Out according to Real Gone Website at the moment!

Boogiedown
01-30-2022, 12:39 PM
Sold Out according to Real Gone Website at the moment!
…… ….lame…..

vgalindo
01-30-2022, 11:45 PM
Do we know why Amazon USA has it listed for pre order for $26.99 release date of February 18 and it also has it listed for $18.59 with a release date of March 4th ? This is confusing. Is there two versions?

jobeterob
01-31-2022, 01:37 AM
You can read the whole booklet on Facebook and buy a digital copy. If you buy a digital copy, you used to be able to print the booklet as well

mwmr
02-01-2022, 02:01 PM
Where on Facebook ?

blackguy69
02-01-2022, 02:27 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/564397207610771/permalink/902803580436797/

Where on Facebook ?

luckyluckyme
02-01-2022, 02:31 PM
Cliff Flores post on THE SUPREMES ULTIMATE FANS Facebook page is where I saw it [although I had already received my copy] .

luckyluckyme
02-01-2022, 02:39 PM
There is also another post by Cliff that only includes the photos from the booklet.

blackguy69
02-01-2022, 05:09 PM
That’s the post I put the link above [[ even though he’s missing a few pages)

luckyluckyme
02-01-2022, 06:04 PM
It appears I was typing while blackguy69 was sending. Sorry about the repeat.

marybrewster
02-01-2022, 07:26 PM

:) *wink* :)

Spreadinglove21
02-01-2022, 09:06 PM
Where on Facebook ?

Why do you care? Why are you asking? You made it very plain you no longer have any interest in buying the product so why do you want to look at the booklet? If you're going to take a stand and not support the product then show some integrity and avoid checking it out anywhere. I see you're participating in the spoiler thread and being your miserable self over there so obviously deep down you have curiosity about what's on the Anthology.

mwmr
02-02-2022, 03:16 PM
Why do you care? Why are you asking? You made it very plain you no longer have any interest in buying the product so why do you want to look at the booklet? If you're going to take a stand and not support the product then show some integrity and avoid checking it out anywhere. I see you're participating in the spoiler thread and being your miserable self over there so obviously deep down you have curiosity about what's on the Anthology.

Oohhh stalker alert from spreadinglove

I NEVER said I didn’t have an interest , what I said was that I would no longer buy it following the delays

please don’t question my integrity, thankfully you know zero about me and don’t figure in my orbit. Because I was angry and not prepared to purchase it does not make me miserable I’m far from it..

what do I care ? Having been a fan of Mary’s for years [[even accompanied her on 2 of her uk tours as a roadie many years ago ) I still wanted to read the booklet .

it seems some of my comments were vindicated as something clearly is going on between real gone /universal according to other posts.

re your comment on me posting on the spoiler thread .. I didn’t post anything miserable just a jestful comment to another poster not to irk the haters.

finally, my dear , in closing instead of making baseless, factually inaccurate assumptions about someone you’ve never met why don’t you try allowing others the courtesy of having an opinion even if you disagree with it ? Why don’t you try & do what your username suggest and start spreading love ?

God bless you

carlo
02-02-2022, 07:55 PM
My copies shipped from Real Gone two weeks ago tomorrow. Hopefully they will show up soon. It seems like there's been a backlog of international mail sitting at LAX airport. My package says it's finally en route to Canada. Y'all US fans are spoiled, I tell ya! :) You always manage to get the new releases ahead of the rest of the world, so don't take that for granted. :)

I have been successfully avoiding all of the spoilers here and on social media, but it sounds like everyone who has their copies thus far are loving this set! Glad to hear.

jack020
02-03-2022, 06:13 AM
Hey Carlo, I feel you! Still waiting for my copy to arrive here in Holland. Will prob be laying in some customs office for weeks.....

carlo
02-03-2022, 08:35 AM
Hey Carlo, I feel you! Still waiting for my copy to arrive here in Holland. Will prob be laying in some customs office for weeks.....

Jack, hope you get it soon too!

Boogiedown
02-04-2022, 01:22 PM
I like your level-headedness mwmr!

so:

what do I care ? Having been a fan of Mary’s for years [[even accompanied her on 2 of her uk tours as a roadie many years ago ) I still wanted to read the booklet .

cool! any stories to tell from your roadie experiences?? Any inside stuff ??

and speaking of usernames ,
'mwmr' .....wondering if the mw part of yours is for mary wilson ? or just a coincidence...

cheers!

sansradio
02-04-2022, 03:29 PM
Don't look now, but the download is available for pre-order on U.S. Apple Music now. "Son of a Preacher Man" and "Falling in Love with Love [alternate vocal]" are available for immediate download/purchase.

luckyluckyme
02-04-2022, 04:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZA3_OfYjaHA&list=OLAK5uy_kO1DG-GcgYkCzB16yCKJdXAjn4dRVezTU

TheMotownManiac
02-04-2022, 10:33 PM

One might ask the same of you: why do you care? Why do you care why he cares? Why do you care what he says he cares about? How is this a litmus test to his or anyone’s integrity? Personally, I don’t quite understand not buying the anthology but I don’t need to. I can accept the fact that this person knows how this person feels as they are probably an expert at it. It’s interesting, and I think that possibly down the road there might be a change of mind after some of the information or some of the better tracks get discovered. I’m finding the anthology a treasure trove of unexpected riches. I bought it to be supportive more than anything else. I now understand why Mary was so proud to have this released because it shows off her talent in a manner that had not been done before in my opinion.

we are here to celebrate the wonderful legacy that Mary left with this anthology and with the anniversary of her passing nigh, I am mindful of what I know Mary would want this conversation to be about. And the tone of the conversation that would please her. Many or most of us here had some sort of a personal relationship with Mary and I’m sure would agree that the tenor of this thread is contrary to Mary’s joie de vivre.

motownlover1964
02-05-2022, 08:10 AM
Well put! Very well put!

jack020
02-05-2022, 08:16 AM
Found it in my mailbox just a sec ago and no import taxes:)

carlo
02-05-2022, 09:34 AM
Found it in my mailbox just a sec ago and no import taxes:)

Wow! Amazing :) Enjoy, Jack! It's also amazing to me that you received your package in Holland before I got mine in Canada! Lucky guy :D

drlorne
02-06-2022, 01:10 AM
I just received notice from Amazon.ca that my order was cancelled. It looks like they can't get the product. Who did you order from Carlo? I can order from Amazon.com and pay 19 US and then another 10 US to ship to Canada. I live 35 miles from the US border, I used to order Amazon.com and drive down and get it....Covid has stopped that.

carlo
02-06-2022, 02:34 PM
I just received notice from Amazon.ca that my order was cancelled. It looks like they can't get the product. Who did you order from Carlo? I can order from Amazon.com and pay 19 US and then another 10 US to ship to Canada. I live 35 miles from the US border, I used to order Amazon.com and drive down and get it....Covid has stopped that.

Hi drlorne,
I ordered directly from Real Gone Music, but I believe they are currently sold out. My fellow Canadian fan/friend also ordered from Amazon Canada, like you did, and his pre-order was also cancelled last night. He was confused and understandably not happy about it. I explained to him that it seems that during the last couple of weeks, Amazon added a second new product listing for the CD to all of the Amazon sites, and the original first listing was only de-activated yesterday, resulting in unexplained order cancellations and confusion. The good news is that you can re-order using the new product listing from Amazon Canada...

https://www.amazon.ca/Motown-Anthology-2CD-Mary-Wilson/dp/B09Q5DVPXF/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=21GECL724LNRJ&keywords=mary+wilson+anthology&qid=1644172152&sprefix=mary+Wilson+%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-2

It seems this may have happened due to either a change in product SKU or due to the change in the retail release date. Either way, it's too bad because I feel that a bunch of fans may be confused over their order cancellation and will not necessarily know that they can just re-order it right away from the new listing. Hopefully everyone can spread the word.

milven
02-06-2022, 02:50 PM
Thanks for informing Mary's fans of this confusing situation. We have two listings for it on Amazon here in the states. The Feb release is unavailable and the new March 4th release is available at a discount below list price[$18.59]. This may be the most confusing release date of a CD in history figuratively, if not literally.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mary+wilson+motown+anthology&crid=YLHD44RTTOYO&sprefix=mary+wilson%2Caps%2C65&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_11

kenneth
02-06-2022, 05:10 PM
What a fiasco...how could this happen?

TheMotownManiac
02-06-2022, 10:01 PM
It’s a wonderful opportunity for people to get this at a reduced price, I wish I had gotten it at this price but, I’m happy to pay what I did because if we are gone ahead and sold out at the price they needed to make money on the deal, it might’ve not been available other places or sold as many copies. I’m glad that it’s out there and then I’m enjoying it!

carlo
02-07-2022, 02:33 PM
My copies are here at last! I already got teary eyed, after doing an initial scan through the package and booklet...so many beautiful photos and tributes.

Looking forward to checking out the 'spoilers' discussion, once I finish listening to both discs this afternoon :)

drlorne
02-07-2022, 09:07 PM
Thank you Carlo, I very much appreciate your help. I've just re-ordered it. ps We met at the last Diana Ross concert that she played in Toronto at the O'Keefe Centre [[ Hummingbird , or whatever it is called now).
Thanks again for your help.

carlo
02-07-2022, 10:18 PM
Thank you Carlo, I very much appreciate your help. I've just re-ordered it. ps We met at the last Diana Ross concert that she played in Toronto at the O'Keefe Centre [[ Hummingbird , or whatever it is called now).
Thanks again for your help.

You're welcome, drlorne. Glad you were able to re-order it. Of course I remember you! I haven't forgotten :) It was such a nice surprise to meet a fellow Soulful Detroit member. That particular show is also such a nice memory in time, considering it was only several months before all of the lockdowns.

It was also called the Sony Centre. The latest name is now Meridian Hall. lol

Danno
02-20-2022, 05:11 PM
I had an e-mail update from Juno records today on their upcoming releases. 14.99 pounds plus postage. Obviously I'm not on all UK mailing lists but this is the first proper record shop I've seen over here declaring an intent to stock.

dickiemint
03-02-2022, 05:52 AM
Hopefully the UK fans will finally get the chance to finally get their hands on this for the weekend !!!

Ollie9
03-02-2022, 06:29 AM
Hopefully the UK fans will finally get the chance to finally get their hands on this for the weekend !!!

The anticipation is building dickie. It was good to read all the positive reviews here on SD. I wonder how well it’s selling?.

dickiemint
03-02-2022, 12:30 PM
Ollie. Unfortunately it will only be a niche customer base, if Mary was still around she would be over here touring and promoting the hell out of this CD
She is getting her dues a little too late

after you
03-02-2022, 12:42 PM
I ordered this collection over two months ago and I never heard a peep from them , It’s one of the worst communication efforts for releasing music ever

markdtiller
03-03-2022, 10:53 AM
Mine has been despatched in the UK. Arriving Saturday! Can't wait.

jack020
03-04-2022, 03:45 AM
Uncut Magazine review:

The writing was on the wall for Mary Wilson long before “Reflections”, The Supremes’ 1967 hit, and 13th consecutive million-seller. It may have been the first single where the name of the group on the label was prefaced by the words “Diana Ross and…”, but lead vocal opportunities were already scarce – Wilson was afforded the middle-mic spotlight on just three tracks from the trio’s previous half-dozen albums.
Yet, even when Motown founder Berry Gordy stepped back from overseeing the trio three years later to focus on the departing Ross’ solo career, Wilson continued, to a degree, playing second fiddle to Ross’ replacement, Jean Terrell. She’s front and centre for two big-hitters from the post-Diana era, trading verses with Terrell on……1971’s “Floy Joy” and whisperingly seductive on the following year’s “Automatically Sunshine”, and this two-disc compilation sets out to retrieve less lauded performances that fell between the cracks. The division of labour to come is absent on 1960’s soaring, Spector-like Motown prequel “Pretty Baby” when the group were still trading as The Primettes [[a female counterpoint to the all-male Primes before they evolved into The Temptations). Not long after those teen beginnings, “Our Day Will Come” reveals Wilson to be developing the chops of a nuanced jazz balladeer in the mould of Nancy Wilson or Dinah Washington.
In some ways, however, her versatility had a tendency to backfire; “Son Of A Preacher Man” is a frustratingly rigid carbon copy of the vocal phrasing employed by Dusty Springfield on the hit version released just a few months earlier, and there’s similarly uninspired mimicry when Wilson’s solo cut of Creedence Clearwater Revival’s “Green River” adheres far too close to the Tina Turner playbook.
But on the occasions where Wilson’s own personality is given space to breathe the results can be powerfully affecting, dominant on the soulful grandeur of Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil’s “You Turn Me Around” or the Philly-soaked splendour of Brian and Eddie Holland’s “Early Morning Love”, both from 1975. It’s arguably the triumph of these tracks in particular that prompted her to take full solo flight two years later, after a spell touring as a Supremes nostalgia act following the group’s dissolution.
Motown kept her on the books for an eponymous long-playing solo debut [[all seven tracks from which are included here), yet in its determination to ride the ubiquitous 1979 disco wave, its contents suffer from a disconcerting lack of light and shade. Producer Hal Davis [[an 11th-hour replacement for Marvin Gaye who bowed out to focus on messy divorce proceedings) had played a significant role in the Jackson Five’s later releases for the label, but while he conjures a crisp sound delivered by top-drawer sessioneers, the songs of Frank Busey and John Duarte make little impression.
Only “You Make Me Feel So Good”, with its lush string arrangement and punchy horns, comes close to recapturing the spirited joyousness of Wilson’s best Supremes outings, and the overall weaknesses of the album may have hastened the label’s decision to promote it by booking the singer onto the off-the-beaten-track cabaret circuit where she was obliged to revisit yesteryear hits more commonly associated with Ross’ voice.
It was on one such jaunt in the UK that she met Elton John’s producer of choice Gus Dudgeon, and while Motown green-lit the hiring of the Englishman to return Wilson to winning ways, they pulled the plug on the project after just a handful of tracks had been completed, before dropping her from the label. However, four recordings salvaged from the Dudgeon sessions and included here suggest a reversal of fortunes might have been just around the corner.
British songwriting duo Guy Fletcher and Doug Flett [[authors of several early ’70s Cliff Richard hits) guided Wilson closer to the smoky jazz of her best Supremes work on “Love Talk” and attempted a crossover foothold in the country market with “Save Me”, but while playing to what they perceived as the singer’s strengths they seemed to alienate a Motown hierarchy nervous about abandoning disco entirely. The Dudgeon-produced “You Dance My Heart Around The Stars” did get a belated release in 2020 on California Feeling: Volume One, an album celebrating the career of its writer, American poet and sometime Beach Boys collaborator Stephen Kalinich.
Wilson wouldn’t release another album until 1992’s Walk The Line, filling the intervening years with activism and charity work, as well as authoring two volumes of autobiography. The first, 1986’s Dreamgirl: My Life As A Supreme, hit headlines by cataloguing the misery of working in the shadow of the increasingly diva-like Ross, and there was further friction when Wilson bailed on a proposed 2000 Supremes reunion tour after learning she and Cindy Birdsong would be paid a fraction of what Ross would earn from the dates.
Dignity intact, Wilson made intermittent returns to music up until her death from cardiovascular disease in February 2021, aged 76, yet her lasting legacy is as one-third of one of the world’s biggest-selling vocal groups. Songs sung by another may form the bulk of most compilations, but there’s plenty of vibrant, vital evidence here to dispel
any notions of her being just along for the ride. — Uncut [[https://href.li/?https://www.uncut.co.uk/reviews/album/mary-wilson-the-motown-anthology-136468/)