PDA

View Full Version : Best Interviewer in your opinion

test

stephanie
05-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Sometimes on Sundays I sit back and watch old interviews on Youtube and I have seen a LOT of them in the last few years. I think Dick Cavett is the best. Have you noticed he never puts himself above the stars he is speaking with you and you dont feel like you are on a talk show its like you are in someones living room having a chat. Although I like Carson, and Leno and Rosie [[who was good on her show) I always felt like this is a big star sitting in someones chair same with Charlie Rose. All of them are good interviewers but I think Cavett brings out the best in people and I dont feel like I am watching a talk show or an interview. Who do you all like?

marv2
05-15-2011, 10:49 PM
I like Charlie Rose and Charles Gibson formerly of Good Morning America. Jane Pauley was good to with certain guests.

chidrummer
05-23-2011, 12:22 PM
I really miss Phil Donahue. His questions frequently brought out a side of the subject not seen in other interviews.

144man
05-23-2011, 06:51 PM
What do you think of Piers Morgan over there?

marv2
05-23-2011, 09:12 PM
What do you think of Piers Morgan over there?

He's alright, but he's no Larry King. This Piers Morgan does not look like he could scare anyone or ask the tough questions.

144man
05-24-2011, 08:08 AM
He's alright, but he's no Larry King. This Piers Morgan does not look like he could scare anyone or ask the tough questions.

He often makes people cry.

marv2
05-24-2011, 02:23 PM
He often makes people cry.

Really? How? I saw the interview he did with Janet Jackson and it was a fluff piece in my opinion. Bryant Gumbel is a good interviewer as well as Chris Matthews of MSNBC.

144man
05-25-2011, 10:20 AM
By finding out something the interviewee is particularly vulnerable to.

He has gone up in my estimation since breaking a superinjunction on Twitter. He could be sent to to prison for contempt of court.