PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Detroit family

test

lorraineC
05-15-2011, 11:49 AM
Not that I ever left, I just wasn't 'in-in'. I've been keeping up with everyone and watching and listening. I have now re-joined you wonderful people and don't know why I was so shy. However, I'm here, alive and well.

Lorraine Chandler

ralpht
05-15-2011, 11:52 AM
Lorraine,
So very nice to see you with us. It has been way too many years since I last saw you. Welcome.

paladin
05-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Oh my, those Northern Soul guys are gonna freak...lol.....great to have you here....welcome back home......

marv2
05-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Hi Lorraine.

lorraineC
05-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Thank you. The site is wonderful. Jack Ashford has always referred it to me. I've seen comments made by Ray Monette and I haven't seen him in ages. Wow! I have no excuse of why I waited so long to join and participate.

Lorraine

lorraineC
05-16-2011, 09:56 AM
Thank you, but I never left home. Those Northern Soul folks are my family away from home. Detroit is blood. Northern Soul is substance. Without them, I wouldn't be on this site talking with you now. They rejuvenated the music in me. I owe them a great deal of gratitude. Whenever they call upon me, I'm there.

Lorraine

lorraineC
05-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Hi Marv2.

I'm a Junior member. It's good to be anything 'junior' again! Think I'll stay this way! Have a good one.

Lorraine Chandler

luke
05-16-2011, 10:17 AM
Hi Lorraine-great you are here. And thanks to Ralph it's a nice place to be!

Ramone Verona
05-16-2011, 10:21 AM
Sounds like there's a need for some traps.

ralpht
05-16-2011, 10:58 AM
Luke,
I'm just as happy as anyone to have Lorraine join us. We go back to the Tera Shirma days, and that was quite a while ago.

lorraineC
05-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Let's keep the 'quite a while ago' stuff to a minimum and focus on now. You all make me sound really, really old! All kidding aside, thanks for the very warm welcome and I have to give a holler out to Ray Monette. Make yourself known. [[listen to me)

Lorraine

ralpht
05-16-2011, 06:11 PM
I'm grateful we are able to focus on the now, Lorraine. I think I have a few years on you, so I'm not going to push it.

ray_monette
05-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi lorraine,

good to see you here!! What great times we had back in the day. Hope all is well with you and yours.
I'm making myself known,and....i'm listening.

Ray

lorraineC
05-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Oh goodie,

Your the senior and I'm the junior! We must have lunch one day just to catch up. No rush. I would just love to meet up with the guys again, Ralph and any other members.

luke
05-17-2011, 09:27 PM
Ramone-are a comedian?

ralpht
05-17-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm in California, Lorraine, but the next time I come to Detroit, we have a date.

acooolcat
05-17-2011, 10:27 PM
A superb voice - I'm surprised you didn't record more. Were you just too busy writing?...

moe
05-18-2011, 04:57 AM
I hope Mel sees this........welcome Ms. Chandler!

lorraineC
05-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Did everybody leave me? Ok, it sounds good to me.

Lorraine

lorraineC
05-18-2011, 08:16 PM
Who's Mel, Moe? Thanks for the welcome.

Lorraine

lorraineC
05-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Coolcat, you are correct. I started getting into everybody else's voices. Wanted to produce.

Lorraine

moe
05-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Mel is our friend from overseas who, I KNOW, is a fan of yours!!

ralpht
05-18-2011, 10:11 PM
Mel is my wingman.

acooolcat
05-19-2011, 02:13 AM
Lorraine - Do you recall a record by The Smith Brothers from 1976 titled 'Let Me Take Care of Your Heart'?

You and Jack produced it - you co-wrote it with G W Rountreee and Jack. It's fab.

I just wondered if can tell me anything about the group - who they were etc.

Danny Dallas was the engineer.

It came out on a label called Shield. Here it is on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRL8pNx20pw&feature=related

Cheers, Graham

lorraineC
05-20-2011, 08:05 AM
Lorraine - Do you recall a record by The Smith Brothers from 1976 titled 'Let Me Take Care of Your Heart'?

You and Jack produced it - you co-wrote it with G W Rountreee and Jack. It's fab.

I just wondered if can tell me anything about the group - who they were etc.

Danny Dallas was the engineer.

It came out on a label called Shield. Here it is on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRL8pNx20pw&feature=related

Cheers, Graham

Yep Graham, I do remember it.

Local group. Incredible harmony and can sing anything. The group is also known as the 11th Commandment [[There Can Be a Better Way, Payback's a Drag). They still sing [[mostly in gospel shows).

Lorraine

acooolcat
05-20-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks, Lorraine

I know there were/are other groups with this name: Did this one you were involved with cut any more records?

I am guessing they are from Detroit - Can you recall their names?

BTW - I once left an RCA label copy of your record for you and we spoke when I was at Joe Hunter's house many years ago.

Thanks again, Graham

mel
05-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Hi Lorraine
I am a big fan of all your material and have most of the excellent pied piper material hrom your fine self and Mr Jack Ashford
I saw you appear live with Mr Eddie Parker at a all nighter and have a nice framed print of you on my wall alongside various info and 45s etc from your early years
I shall return with some pics later
its so good to be able to speak to one of my fave detroit artists
thank you for your time
I cant hold on and I certainly wont change
mel
ps
thanks mo and ralph

mel
05-28-2011, 04:26 PM
pps
please pass on my best wishes to Ray Monette
thank you
mel

tamla617
05-28-2011, 06:00 PM
hi lorraine
welcome
here is lorraine's discogs link
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Lorraine+Chandler#t=Releases_All&q=&p=1

and another
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Lorraine+Chandler#t=Credits_Writing-Arrangement&q=&p=1

and another
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Lorraine+Chandler#t=Appearances_Albums&q=&p=1

oh and another
http://www.discogs.com/artist/Lorraine+Chandler#t=Credits_Production&q=&p=1

lorraineC
05-30-2011, 11:37 AM
Thanks, Lorraine

I know there were/are other groups with this name: Did this one you were involved with cut any more records?

I am guessing they are from Detroit - Can you recall their names?

BTW - I once left an RCA label copy of your record for you and we spoke when I was at Joe Hunter's house many years ago.

Thanks again, Graham

Graham,

Just wanted to let you I haven't forgotten you. I'm missing one name and don't want to leave anyone out. They are a local group. I cut them on my label, RJ Records, Move It, Groove It b/w Dance With Me. I will get back to you with all their names.

Lorraine

OK, I got the names and editing them to above. Asheba, Iregi, Ajene and Leon. Absolutely wonderful harmony and they put on terrific shows.

Lorraine

lorraineC
05-30-2011, 11:46 AM
Hi Lorraine
I am a big fan of all your material and have most of the excellent pied piper material hrom your fine self and Mr Jack Ashford
I saw you appear live with Mr Eddie Parker at a all nighter and have a nice framed print of you on my wall alongside various info and 45s etc from your early years
I shall return with some pics later
its so good to be able to speak to one of my fave detroit artists
thank you for your time
I cant hold on and I certainly wont change
mel
ps
thanks mo and ralph

Hey Mel,

You scored two points [[1. ...fine self and 2. using the titles of the songs!) Post those picture[[s). I love seeing 'back in the day'. I thank you for the welcome. While waiting for the photos, What Can I Do???

Lorraine

lorraineC
05-30-2011, 11:51 AM
pps
please pass on my best wishes to Ray Monette
thank you
mel

I think you just did!

Lorraine