PDA

View Full Version : Chris Clark 'Do I Love You' stereo mix.

test

ivyfield
11-09-2021, 06:31 AM
Where would I find it? All the versions I've checked are mono.
Anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

PeaceNHarmony
11-09-2021, 06:52 AM
Anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.I regret I can't; do we know for sure that there is a stereo version?

Motown Eddie
11-09-2021, 01:37 PM
Anyone enlighten me?

Thanks in advance.

According to the Don't Forget The Motor City site, there's no stereo version of Chris Clark's "Do I Love You [Indeed I Do]" available at this time.

mysterysinger
11-09-2021, 05:37 PM
Although there is more than 1 version/mix and I don't think DFTMC differentiates these.

paul_nixon
11-10-2021, 05:03 AM
There are no stereo mixes listed in Motown paperwork of either CC's or FW's versions as far as I can see.

psychedelic jacques
11-10-2021, 06:17 PM
interesting - that Soul Essentials vinyl reissue of the FW version from a few years back certainly sounds like a stereo mix to my ears...

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/frank-wilson-do-i-love-you-indeed/679494-01/?currency=GBP&flt=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjOmahuiO9AIVFODtCh3DJAnVEAQYAyAB EgJ6s_D_BwE

theboyfromxtown
11-12-2021, 07:16 AM
interesting - that Soul Essentials vinyl reissue of the FW version from a few years back certainly sounds like a stereo mix to my ears...

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/frank-wilson-do-i-love-you-indeed/679494-01/?currency=GBP&flt=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIjOmahuiO9AIVFODtCh3DJAnVEAQYAyAB EgJ6s_D_BwE

It was stereo and as I recall, it was the first outing of the stereo version for Frank Wilson.

UK Motown manager Gordon Frewin requested the tapes from US Motown back in 1979 to release the Frank Wilson version because the bootleg under the name of Eddie Foster was selling by the cartload. The tapes received from America were definitely stereo. I was there on the day that the mix of TMG1170 was created at Abbey Road Studios with engineer Chris Blair. The 45 version that was subsequently released was in mono. The objective was to create the nearest possible mix to the 1965 version that was originally intended to be released. Unfortunately, the original DM master could not be used because it had a fault.