PDA

View Full Version : The Whispers at Indigo 02 London

test

MIKEW-UK
05-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Anyone care to give a review of the show?

wonder_woman
05-15-2011, 01:11 PM
I would not of missed this show for the world at my favourite venue as well, WOW what a show, from start to finish it was one of the most polished, brilliant perfomances by a soul group I have ever seen, AMAZING, as someone said Walter & Scotty's vocals were superb, from start to finish, I feel privileged to have been there to see such legends.

paladin
05-15-2011, 03:48 PM
They are without a doubt one of the best "Live Performance" groups out there. They also sing and dance as good as they want. Often overlooked for their longevity and professional acumen. I'm sure that the show was fabulous. I've seen the Whispers many times and they always live up to their billing, another thing is their catalog of songs is simply amazing. Walter, Scotty, Leaveil and Nick. Has Nick recovered from his injury ? His energy is electric........

MIKEW-UK
05-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Unfortunately, Nick was forced to remain sitting on a stool for the show. He sang as well as ever, and he did do his best to fit in with Leaveil's choreography; it was a pity that he couldn't do his moves, he and Leaveil are truly brilliant, I think the best choreography around.

The Whispers are unquestionably a group still at the top of their game, "Old Skool and proud of it" as they reminded us several times.

Wonderwoman, where were you sat? I sat upstairs in the balcony towards the left; I am curious about your opinion of the sound quality - not The Whispers or their band, they were terrific, but rather the set up of the sound system - I sat on the left hand side of the balcony. I listened to some recording posted on Youtube this morning and their quality was very good; they were recorded downstairs. I wonder if the sound is better down at stage level rather than in the balcony?

wonder_woman
05-15-2011, 04:51 PM
Hi Mike,
One thing I love about this particular venue is the sound system, outstanding in every sense, never been upstairs, cannot fault the venue, I love the way they warm the crowd before the acts come on stage, playing soul music on a sound system which far beats any at your average club/weekender. You know whatever act appears the sound system will do them justice, and with a group so polished it just made the Whispers performance outstanding, I stood in the middle of the downstairs area, got some great photos, and just enjoyed the whole thing, made it even more special as it was my __th birthday! Did'nt want to leave afterwards, the D.J carried on playing some nice tunes and I just had to have a dance. What was the atmosphere like upstairs? heard from one gentleman that the O'Jays are coming over but not at the Indigo02, shame.
I thought the short dance & wiggle by Nick was funny, pity he had to sit in a chair throughout.

marv2
05-15-2011, 10:59 PM
I love the Whispers! One of my favorite groups.