PDA

View Full Version : Terrana Mixes: HIGH ENERGY

test

longtimefan
05-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Now that we have the "Terrana Mixes" from The Supremes' High Energy LP, I am wondering which Terrana tracks SDF fans feel have significant differences from the released versions ... and what those differences are.

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
05-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I think the only track that has the most significant difference is "Only You". I love the intro. Personally, I love the Terrana version of this song much much better. "I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking" is longer but was shortened on the released LP version. I believe it was either George or Andy who said that the song was never remixed. The others do have differences which are noticeable but "Only You" seemed to stand out the most to me.

Ramone Verona
05-13-2011, 12:13 AM
I totally agree.
I listened to them again today and "Only You" really stands out.
I am much preferring the Terrana mixes, but that might just be because they are new and "fresh" sounding.
Really am LOVING "Only You"!!

chestersong
05-13-2011, 11:05 AM
the intro to this alternate sets a much better mood for the song. rockin'!!

aarondillon2011@gmail.com
05-13-2011, 11:20 AM
OMG I was gonna say it's prob the best song the Supremes released during this period and it's really rockin'....LOL Took the word right out of my mouth Chester :-)

daddyacey
05-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Those mixes just might be the thing to sell me on picking this up!!!

Ramone Verona
05-14-2011, 10:38 AM
If you listen to the next radio interview of the set producers, next Tuesday, then you might win a pair of Supremes earrings.
Would being able to wear those out in public convince you to purchase this set? ;)

chestersong
05-14-2011, 12:58 PM
fans need to e-mail or post their questions for George Solomon next tuesday. the posts he takes the time to write here are always so interesting. he knows details! Aaron would have good questions to ask about what is left in the vault. George might be able to tell us what kinds of things remain to be releases. not just that "they'd like" to do a certain project but "why"; meaning there's this and that we came across which fans may enjoy hearing. or even about photo sessions we have yet to see. give us fans something to ask for that we haven't mentioned or don't know to ask.

Ramone Verona
05-14-2011, 01:52 PM
I heard Berry Gordy was upset that Syreeta hadn't mixed the HIGH ENEGY tracks so he washed his hands of the matter! :)

carlo
05-14-2011, 06:41 PM
I heard Berry Gordy was upset that Syreeta hadn't mixed the HIGH ENEGY tracks so he washed his hands of the matter! :)

LOL!! Yes, wasn't it Tina Duress who mixed the album?

chestersong
05-15-2011, 12:11 AM
that Syreeta sure messed with the Diana-supremes and Jean-supremes and Martha's Vandellas, and then i've heard she recorded tracks for Stevie that he had intended for Jean-Mary-Lynda. the very nerve! LOL!