PDA

View Full Version : Thought I'd heard it all

test

paul_nixon
09-19-2021, 07:38 AM
https://motown.lnk.to/LotownVol1EM?utm_campaign=135947_9%2F17%20Newslett er_231934_US&utm_medium=email&utm_source=dotmailer&dm_i=4YYM,2WWB,OGS9I,DNKL,1

Has anyone else been sent this? It's a link to a new project aptly called Lotown - maybe there is a W missing from the title.
This takes Motown Remixed to a whole new level. I guess it's not aimed at me and more than likely I'm missing the whole point.

splanky
09-19-2021, 12:55 PM
Dang, where the heck did you pick up that bug? I would not even trust to click on that?...

paul_nixon
09-19-2021, 01:33 PM
Dang, where the heck did you pick up that bug? I would not even trust to click on that?...

It's a Universal records link it can be trusted by all means listen via Spotify

danman869
09-19-2021, 03:51 PM
Oh, jeez... it's not aimed at me either, but.... wow, that's just painfully bad. It doesn't sound like something you could sit down and listen to. I don't have a problem with remixing or mash-ups because that can result in some very creative stuff, but... this stop-start, fast-slow, unrecognizable stuff...? It sounds like someone laid down beats and breaks and threw phrases from Motown songs in there with it. Nah. Hard pass.

1382hitsville
09-20-2021, 12:22 PM
I share the same opinion, not for me. However, within my friends there are some people who actually like it.

well...if it is an introduction to Motown for them, they are more than welcome to hear the original stuff...

WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance
09-20-2021, 03:26 PM
I give 'em points for going with "The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game." Even among the 20 gazillion and one Motown compilations that ever have been, that's a song that never crops up.