PDA

View Full Version : When I was in school - Hattie Littles

test

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
09-17-2021, 06:45 AM
This track is my favorite from the new More Motown Girls. A queston for the experts. I would like to know who sing the backround vocals on the track, I´m not sure if I hear The Temptations or The Love-Tones. Thanks for al answers

robb_k
09-17-2021, 06:12 PM
I should be able to tell The Love-Tones from The Temptations, because I know Carl J
ones' voice. and the group's overall sound. But, when I looked for advertising for the CD, I couldn't find any snippets of the songs, and I didn't find the song on You-Tube. Can someone upload a recording of that song to this thread so we can hear it?

Roger Polhill
09-18-2021, 12:01 AM
It sounds like the Temptations to me. But I`m often wrong.

robb_k
09-18-2021, 03:49 AM
It sounds like the Temptations to me. But I`m often wrong.
Both groups sang backgrounds for Hattie around the time of "When I Was In School". So it is possible that it is either group. So, I wish I could hear the cut. Surely there is a sales website that has snippets of the songs available for listening. But, I haven't been able to find one. Can't someone direct me to where I can hear it? I know the sound of both groups from 1962-64, and a listen should make it obvious. The Temptations' voices are very distinct, as are 2 of The Love-Tones.

paul_nixon
09-18-2021, 04:05 AM
Both groups sang backgrounds for Hattie around the time of "When I Was In School". So it is possible that it is either group. So, I wish I could hear the cut. Surely there is a sales website that has snippets of the songs available for listening. But, I haven't been able to find one. Can't someone direct me to where I can hear it? I know the sound of both groups from 1962-64, and a listen should make it obvious. The Temptations' voices are very distinct, as are 2 of The Love-Tones.

https://acerecords.co.uk/good-good-feeling-more-motown-girls

snakepit
09-18-2021, 06:06 AM
sounds like Eddie Kendricks to me

robb_k
09-18-2021, 01:53 PM
https://acerecords.co.uk/good-good-feeling-more-motown-girls
Thanks, Paul. That's DEFINITELY The Temptations. The blending of their voices is unmistakable. I see that Don't Forget The Motor City has some basic information on "When I Was In School", but no listing of the background singers.

robb_k
09-18-2021, 02:07 PM
sounds like Eddie Kendricks to me
Yes, Larry, I do too, as well as all four of the others. It was recorded before David joined the group, which is why we don't also hear HIS usually prominent voice.

Fullfillingnessfirstfinale
09-21-2021, 09:49 AM
Thank you so much guys for these great answers, I prefered more The Temptations, but my ears are not so good as the ears from our Motown-experts - a great thank you to all