PDA

View Full Version : Sisters Love CD Question

test

daviddesper
08-26-2021, 04:41 PM
For those of you who have the CD "With Love," does your copy have writing on the inner side of the back insert? Mine does, some of it is red, and it looks like it might have been notes from a recording session.

I just wanted to make sure this is on ALL copies, not just mine.

calvin
08-26-2021, 04:58 PM
Yes a couple of the titles are circled in red and there's a red X. It looks like they scanned or photographed the center label of an LP [it says "33 Stereo", I guess this was an acetate] which someone wrote on back in the day.

daviddesper
08-26-2021, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

brother_love
09-18-2021, 03:58 PM
Yes a couple of the titles are circled in red and there's a red X. It looks like they scanned or photographed the center label of an LP [it says "33 Stereo", I guess this was an acetate] which someone wrote on back in the day.

Yes Calvin this was an acetate of their unreleased 1972 MoWest album. There are still several unreleased tracks sitting the vaults not only of their Motown but also their A&M recordings.

luke
09-19-2021, 04:28 PM
I read on their Facebook page that they were not pleased with another later day release and had nothing to do with it.

1382hitsville
09-20-2021, 12:24 PM
I just got mine last week....with the writing on the inner side. Besides that, the booklet gives fantastic [[and sad) information and the music is wonderful. My favorite is "do what you gotta do" .

brother_love
09-25-2021, 07:37 PM
I just got mine last week....with the writing on the inner side. Besides that, the booklet gives fantastic [[and sad) information and the music is wonderful. My favorite is "do what you gotta do" .

That is a great version of the Jimmy Webb classic. It was also recorded by Al Wilson, Nina Simone, Roberta Flack and Linda Ronstadt. Lillie Forte sang lead on the Sisters version, she's also the voice you hear singing with Ray Charles on his hit "Crying Time".

1382hitsville
10-01-2021, 07:40 PM
thanks for your addition, greatly appreciated. Calling out all other owners, any other thoughts about other songs on the album?