PDA

View Full Version : Jennifer Hudson's 'Respect' Soundtrack Debuts in Top 10 on Billboard's Top Album Sale

test

PeaceNHarmony
08-26-2021, 08:50 AM
From Billboard. Having been a die-hard Arethaholic since 1969 I would have not expected to like this album, but it's great -

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9620200/jennifer-hudson-respect-soundtrack-billboard-top-album-sales-chart/

milven
08-26-2021, 08:56 AM
The movie is supposed to available On Demand and streaming starting tomorrow, Friday, 8-27

Motown Eddie
08-26-2021, 10:24 AM
From Billboard. Having been a die-hard Arethaholic since 1969 I would have not expected to like this album, but it's great -

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/9620200/jennifer-hudson-respect-soundtrack-billboard-top-album-sales-chart/

That's wonderful news. Thanks PNH!

Luciano
08-26-2021, 11:02 AM
That's awesome news! Just noticed my library has the album available for download.

PeaceNHarmony
08-26-2021, 01:10 PM
i encourage all of us to give the soundtrack a listen. I had no hopes for it whatsoever, and though Aretha can never be one-upped JHud and the producers, arrangers, etc did a great job of it.

jack020
08-27-2021, 02:56 AM
I am a big Aretha fan and like Jhud also, but on the movie soundtrack her voice on the Aretha songs is a little too shrill for me. Maybe it sounds different while watching the movie.

reese
08-27-2021, 07:38 AM
I am a big Aretha fan and like Jhud also, but on the movie soundtrack her voice on the Aretha songs is a little too shrill for me. Maybe it sounds different while watching the movie.

I must admit that I feel the same. I bought the cd last week and was very disappointed.

carlo
08-29-2021, 11:42 AM
I haven't listened to much of the soundtrack yet, as I am waiting to watch the movie. My initial hunch, when I saw the soundtrack available for pre-order, was that I would likely not love it. As you said Peace, Aretha can never been one-upped. However, hopefully I will hear these recordings and gain an appreciation for Jennifer's interpretations. From just knowing her voice, I do generally feel that she is more in the vein of being a loud vocal belter and tends to lean away from having a uniqueness and the soulful nuances that Aretha had.

PeaceNHarmony
08-29-2021, 02:01 PM
I haven't listened to much of the soundtrack yet, as I am waiting to watch the movie. My initial hunch, when I saw the soundtrack available for pre-order, was that I would likely not love it. As you said Peace, Aretha can never been one-upped. However, hopefully I will hear these recordings and gain an appreciation for Jennifer's interpretations. From just knowing her voice, I do generally feel that she is more in the vein of being a loud vocal belter and tends to lean away from having a uniqueness and the soulful nuances that Aretha had.Absolutely true regarding the differences in voices, Carlo, but I will say I'm having fun with the soundtrack versions!

carlo
08-29-2021, 02:20 PM
Glad to hear that, Peace. I will definitely need to give the soundtrack a chance, and a fair listen.