View Full Version : If the World just Danced 👠👑👠

test

after you
08-18-2021, 11:23 AM
COMING…August 20 “If The World Just Danced” New Single
I don’t know about you but this song could be incredible

TomatoTom123
08-18-2021, 06:39 PM
"If The World Just Danced" sounds very much up Diana's street. Looking forward to it :D

PeaceNHarmony
08-18-2021, 07:02 PM
COMING…

August 20

“If The World Just Danced”

New Single
I don’t know about you but this song could be incredible

Just 2 more days! Counting down with you!

after you
08-18-2021, 07:50 PM
Just 2 more days! Counting down with you!

hopefully we all dance

JLoveLamar
08-19-2021, 03:58 AM
They refuse to release All Is Well! I need to hear that full song!!!!!

Ollie9
08-19-2021, 04:41 AM
I’m anticipating it’s going to be utter rubbish. If then it turns out a decent song, i will luxuriate in the heightened euphoria that will surely follow.

after you
08-19-2021, 07:35 AM
If the world just danced is gonna rule

after you
08-20-2021, 05:51 AM
Just a few more hours

Jaap
08-20-2021, 09:21 AM
Just a few more hours

I'm afraid we have to be a bit more patient. New date September 3.
https://www.dianaross.com

Spreadinglove21
08-20-2021, 09:47 AM
Certainly the most intriguing title on the new album, but let's not get too carried away with expectations. Never judge a song on its title alone.

florence
08-20-2021, 01:01 PM
I just don't understand what is going on here.

after you
08-22-2021, 12:55 PM
Maybe they want this album and Song to chart for the coveted English Christmas song in the meantime we can enjoy each other’s company on this site Happy Sunday be safe and love one another

JLoveLamar
08-23-2021, 08:28 AM
Maybe they want this album and Song to chart for the coveted English Christmas song in the meantime we can enjoy each other’s company on this site Happy Sunday be safe and love one another

Awwww. That was so sweet, After You!

after you
08-23-2021, 07:04 PM
A world of thank yous

after you
09-02-2021, 12:21 PM
This album is a Fred White affair ,

"If the World Just Danced"
Diana Ross, Aliandro Prawl, Andre Pinckney, Scott M. Carter, Amy Wadge, Vanessa Wood & Jaquetta Singleton
3:44

"All Is Well"
Diana Ross, Fred White & Rhonda Ross
4:32

"In Your Heart"
Diana Ross, Charles Hinshaw & Amy Wadge
4:16

"Just in Case"

Ross
Taylor Parks [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Parks)
Jimmy Napes [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Napes)
Freddy Wexler [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Wexler)
Fredrick White

3:10

"The Answer's Always Love"
Siedha Garrett, Bart Eastman
4:33

"Let's Do It"
Diana Ross, Fred White, Neff-U
3:40

"I Still Believe"

Hannah Berney [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_Skies)
Autumn Rowe [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn_Rowe)
Ruth-Anne Cunningham [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuthAnne)
Charlie McLean

3:38

"Count on Me"
Rhonda Ross
3:30

"Tomorrow"
Aliandro Prawl, Amy Wadge, Alex Stacey, Andre Pinckney, Scott M. Carter, Chris Stevens, Kyla Moscovich & Vanessa Wood
3:23

"Beautiful Love"
Diana Ross & Fred White
4:00

"Time to Call"
Diana Ross, Teyana Miller & Troy Miller
3:31

"Come Together"
Diana Ross, Charles Hinshaw, Marvee Woods, Timothy Bloom & Ayak Thiik

after you
09-02-2021, 11:17 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpq3a0VK3zg&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3CGNEZNGtSjT3WnEi9l5QfY6l3e6W3dzPhXw11A QSl5sy9Q_VLIn0xDzw

it’s out and incredible

Nitro2015
09-02-2021, 11:28 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bpq3a0VK3zg&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR3CGNEZNGtSjT3WnEi9l5QfY6l3e6W3dzPhXw11A QSl5sy9Q_VLIn0xDzw

it’s out and incredible

It's amazing how contemporary and strong she sounds in it. AMAZING.

"Thank You" was like a mix of the old and new, it had her classic sound while still sounding very now, Bruno Mars-like.

This new song is totally new.

after you
09-02-2021, 11:37 PM
It’s what we needed very upbeat

rovereab
09-03-2021, 02:35 AM
Brilliant, I hope the song achieves masses of radio play. It would be fantastic if Diana Ross visited the UK to promote the song on a TV program. She remains popular and respected here, so a visit would be a wonderful gesture given the Covid impact on her cancelled tour last year and Glastonbury Legend appearance.

florence
09-03-2021, 04:38 AM
Unfortunate timing to be released alongside Abba's new tracks - hasn't hit UK iTunes top 1500 yet.

Hope the album dates don't co-incide in November.

djessie
09-03-2021, 06:08 AM
Unfortunate timing to be released alongside Abba's new tracks - hasn't hit UK iTunes top 1500 yet.

Actually, both albums are released on the same day. Considering that the official Abba store crashed yesterday due to demand, with several formats selling out, the album is going to be absolutely massive. Also, they have altogether about 30 different formats announced so far [[worldwide). I´m afraid the first week of November will be all about Abba. As a fan I am extremely happy about their first new album in 40 [[!) years but I wish they were not releasing it in the same week as Diana.

That said, it feels like it´s the late 70s/early 80s again - Diana and Abba releasing new albums in 2021!

Levi Stubbs Tears
09-03-2021, 06:39 AM
Considering that the official Abba store crashed yesterday due to demand, with several formats selling out, the album is going to be absolutely massive.

Abba have a huge advantage in the ability to write, arrange & produce their own songs. And there will be music videos [even it fhey just feature 'abbatars'] to further promote the singles. Plus the virtual world tour.

What a way to make a comeback after 40 years and [probably] also sign-off on your musical career,

They deserve all the undoubted success coming to them.

after you
09-03-2021, 07:15 AM
Diana Ross [[https://www.udiscovermusic.com/artist/diana-ross/) releases her new single “If The World Just Danced” today [[3). The suitably club-flavored dancefloor track is the follow-up to the equally ebullient [[https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/listen-to-diana-ross-thank-you-single/) “Thank You,” which came out in June and enjoyed a hugely positive reaction and airplay.
Both tracks are from the superstar’s forthcoming album Thank You, to be released on November 5 by Decca Records. As Ms. Ross says herself: “There’s no wrong way to dance, just do it.” She goes on: “Let everyone know to have FUN. Joy, Joy, Joy is the answer. Playfulness! Happiness! When you dance there Is only love in life. When you dance the world dances.”

after you
09-03-2021, 07:16 AM
Interesting if the world just danced sounds similar to Abbas new song

Ollie9
09-03-2021, 07:29 AM
Actually, both albums are released on the same day. Considering that the official Abba store crashed yesterday due to demand, with several formats selling out, the album is going to be absolutely massive. Also, they have altogether about 30 different formats announced so far [[worldwide). I´m afraid the first week of November will be all about Abba. As a fan I am extremely happy about their first new album in 40 [[!) years but I wish they were not releasing it in the same week as Diana.

That said, it feels like it´s the late 70s/early 80s again - Diana and Abba releasing new albums in 2021!

I tend to agree. The hoopla surrounding the ABBA reunion concert and subsequent album will cast a shadow over anything else that might be released around the same time. The media is already in a frenzy, with news and film footage of the upcoming events being screened almost daily.
ABBA mania rules the day. The DR album should be rescheduled or risk being totally over shadowed.

thommg
09-03-2021, 10:37 AM

Having heard ABBA's new tracks, which were good, I much prefer this track. Fresh, upbeat, and Diana sounds great. Well produced. But ABBA does seem to be getting all the attention.

RanRan79
09-03-2021, 10:58 AM
I love this song so much, so fast. If handled correctly, Diana could have a legitimate hit on her hands. There's nothing old fashion about it, the track is excellent. It could be major, but as I said, it would have to be handled correctly. A music video would probably go a long way into driving sales. Fingers crossed.

florence
09-03-2021, 01:06 PM
I tend to agree. The hoopla surrounding the ABBA reunion concert and subsequent album will cast a shadow over anything else that might be released around the same time. The media is already in a frenzy, with news and film footage of the upcoming events being screened almost daily.
ABBA mania rules the day. The DR album should be rescheduled or risk being totally over shadowed.

Very worrying Ollie.

No matter the quality Diana's album will simply get swamped by Abba.

That's all we're getting on the radio at the minute.

At least it's managed to get to #100 on UK itunes - I don't really see Radio 2 supporting this single though.

Bluebrock, wherever you are have a few words in a few ears!!!!!

after you
09-03-2021, 01:28 PM
Not to worry this song sounds similar to Abbas’s if not better I believe it will do fine on the charts maybe UK number one it’s on par with upside down

after you
09-03-2021, 01:33 PM
Music and moon light
Good friends and long nights
It will be alright
If you just love [[If you just love)

Bright eyes and laughter
Let the rhythm just catch ya
And you'll find all that you're after
If you just love [[If you just love)

Find a place in an empty space
Yeah, let's start a party
Dance away all the pain
Ain't it much better when we do it together now, now, now
Much better when we do it together now

Turn it up and go give love a chance
Go out and take somebody by the hand
Put on your shoes and find out where you stand
Go take the lead and teach the world to dance

Don't look back, don't take a second glance
While life is busy making other plans
Jump off the edge and find out where you land

So much better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)
Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)

Heart beats like lightning
Come let the light in
'Cause that feeling ain't frightening
When you just love [[If you just love)

Find a place in an empty space
Yeah, let's start a party
Dance away all the pain
Ain't it much better when we do it together now, now, now
Much better when we do it together now

Don't look back, don't take a second glance
While life is busy making other plans
Jump off the edge and find out where you land

Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)

We'd be better if the world just danced [[We'd be better)
So much better if the world just danced
Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced

Yeah, we'd be better if the world just danced
We would be better if the world just danced

Ollie9
09-03-2021, 03:43 PM
It’s fresh and contemporary sounding with fun lyrics. Diana continues to impress with songs from the now incredibly anticipated new album. This has real potential, but agree with Ran in that a music video would do much to bolster it’s appeal.
I find it far more engaging then the new ABBA single which i find a ‘tad dreary.

midnightman
09-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Listened to it this morning. Classic Diana!

after you
09-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Many comments from all over the internet are saying Diana’s new single is better than
Abbas new songs I agree

TNSUN
09-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Great song.Another #1 Song on the Dance Charts!
This song beats a great international club vibe. Can't wait for the dance club remixes.
Diana Ross' vocals are so lovely in this song. Congratulations to everyone involved in this joyous song!

Roberta75
09-03-2021, 10:37 PM
I loved ABBA and have seen the play Mama Mia and the first movie Mama Mia. The follow up movie was not that good imo and there shouldnt be a third. Im gonna buy the album but wont see them in concert if they tour.

florence
09-04-2021, 03:41 AM
#92 on UK iTunes but significantly isn't in the US top 1500

Ollie9
09-04-2021, 07:07 AM
Very worrying Ollie.

No matter the quality Diana's album will simply get swamped by Abba.

That's all we're getting on the radio at the minute.

At least it's managed to get to #100 on UK itunes - I don't really see Radio 2 supporting this single though.!

Not really very radio 2ish florence, but hopefully a lot of the other stations will pick it up. I wonder if there are any plans for some kind of music vid, even if Diana is not featured?.
I really wish the album could be delayed by at least a week as I would prefer attention focussed on her. As it stands, she will be playing second fiddle to the great ABBA bandwagon.

sansradio
09-04-2021, 07:47 AM
Those of you who’ve preordered the LP from iTunes: Have you noticed that, if you click on this single from your iPhone’s “Recently Added” tab, the cover art is animated? The cover art zooms out and back in, the calligraphic background squiggle art fills in, and the words “Diana Ross” and “Thank You” fill in with sparkle. I’ve never seen this before. My jaw dropped!

sup_fan
09-04-2021, 09:38 AM
i hate to say this but this song is about an unexciting as Thank You. IMO both tunes start out wonderfully and then never go anywhere. there's no build, there's no crescendo. they just sort of float along as-is.

she sounds great. but the songs just don't sound special

Spreadinglove21
09-04-2021, 10:26 AM
i hate to say this but this song is about an unexciting as Thank You. IMO both tunes start out wonderfully and then never go anywhere. there's no build, there's no crescendo. they just sort of float along as-is.

she sounds great. but the songs just don't sound special

I like it well enough. It's catchy. But it does meander after a good start. i wouldn't put in the same league as her disco classics like Love Hangover, The Boss, No One Gets the Prize, or Upside Down. Maybe because much if not all the music on the track sounds computer generated. Not much real instrumentation present here. And her voice is autotuned. Not to the point of sounding like a robot, but it's there, except right at the end, where the autotune is removed and we hear Diana sounding fully human.

Spreadinglove21
09-04-2021, 10:28 AM
Embedding the song so anyone can play it directly from here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46P3rfJ6jD4

Spreadinglove21
09-04-2021, 10:31 AM
Looking at youtube views of the If the World Could Dance on Diana's youtube channel [[two up)--27, 000 views total. The two new Abba songs on the official Abba channel: 12 million.

Spreadinglove21
09-04-2021, 10:33 AM
And the 3 official Diana Ross channel you tube videos for Thank You have a combined view of about 2.2 million after 2 months.

daviddh
09-04-2021, 02:16 PM
i really like it, hope it does well for her and us

copley
09-04-2021, 03:25 PM
It's not a bad song even though she sounds like she's been auto-tuned to the hilt! As a single it's doomed chart wise where it matters. However it's a good promo for the album which will sell to her die-hard fans and casual buyers looking for a Christmas gift for their grandparents. Fans like me ceased to buy her music years ago. Last single I bought was the 12" mix of 'Paradise' - still love it. At last count I have over 50 Ross/Supremes CD's including all the deluxe editions and even some unreleased stuff! I wish her well.

Ollie9
09-04-2021, 04:00 PM
It's not a bad song even though she sounds like she's been auto-tuned to the hilt! As a single it's doomed chart wise where it matters. However it's a good promo for the album which will sell to her die-hard fans and casual buyers looking for a Christmas gift for their grandparents. Fans like me ceased to buy her music years ago. Last single I bought was the 12" mix of 'Paradise' - still love it. At last count I have over 50 Ross/Supremes CD's including all the deluxe editions and even some unreleased stuff! I wish her well.

Yea!! another “Paradise” fan. The remixes are brilliant. Out of curiosity, why did you stop buying her music after “WO” copley?. Was Workin’ Overtime the last DR album you really enjoyed?.

copley
09-04-2021, 04:26 PM
Hi Ollie, TBH the last Diana album I bought was 'Diana - The Chic Album' as I call it. After she left Motown there was no quality control album wise and she really had lost her way especially in the US. The hits continued in the UK until 1999's 'Not Over You Yet' which peaked at #9. I liked some of her singles like 'Mirror Mirror', 'Muscles', 'Pieces of Ice', 'Swept Away', 'Up Front', 'Missing You' and of course 'Chain Reaction'. A couple of her Motown albums are also pretty poor but I bought the deluxe editions of both 'Touch Me in the Morning' and 'Last Time I Saw Him'. Oh I bought her lost album 'Blue' which was OK.

after you
09-04-2021, 06:27 PM
Oh my goodness if we just danced is on Amazon’s top 100 sitting at number 12 unbelievable

ejluther
09-05-2021, 12:10 AM
Good for her and I’m glad so many seem to like it but I wish it had more “Diana” in it - it’s pretty faceless in that it doesn’t have much of the distinctive personality I expect from her music. Maybe it will grow on me…

Spreadinglove21
09-05-2021, 08:05 AM
Oh my goodness if we just danced is on Amazon’s top 100 sitting at number 12 unbelievable

In what country? The UK? I just went to Amazon USA and If the World Just danced is not even available in the digital music store at Amazon USA. For American itunes, it's not in top 200 at this moment.

ejluther
09-05-2021, 09:19 AM
In what country? The UK? I just went to Amazon USA and If the World Just danced is not even available in the digital music store at Amazon USA. For American itunes, it's not in top 200 at this moment.
Its right there in Amazon US @ #21 [[at time of posting, obviously) and can be yours for $1.29
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-MP3-Downloads/zgbs/dmusic/digital-music-track/ref=zg_all?pf_rd_p=29d22858-38c7-4573-a621-440b77d8549b&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=2101&pf_rd_i=dmusic&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=RR49B0ZKCW360JQSX64T&pf_rd_r=RR49B0ZKCW360JQSX64T&pf_rd_p=29d22858-38c7-4573-a621-440b77d8549b

mindful1
09-05-2021, 10:01 AM
I just checked again Amazon Best Sellers songs It's at #21. Could it be international? it doesn't seem to specify a country

after you
09-05-2021, 12:18 PM
With much love I got from https://dianarossproject.wordpress.com/ Enjoy

Spreadinglove21
09-05-2021, 12:23 PM
Its right there in Amazon US @ #21 [[at time of posting, obviously) and can be yours for $1.29
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-MP3-Downloads/zgbs/dmusic/digital-music-track/ref=zg_all?pf_rd_p=29d22858-38c7-4573-a621-440b77d8549b&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=2101&pf_rd_i=dmusic&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=RR49B0ZKCW360JQSX64T&pf_rd_r=RR49B0ZKCW360JQSX64T&pf_rd_p=29d22858-38c7-4573-a621-440b77d8549b

Thanks for the link. I was obviously searching under wrong search criteria or something. Now #24.

TNSUN
09-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Up to #20 Amazon New Single Releases. Definitely this song has an international swing to it. A great video would boost its sales. Diana Ross has a hit with this uplifting song!

Guy
09-05-2021, 12:58 PM
Good for her and I’m glad so many seem to like it but I wish it had more “Diana” in it - it’s pretty faceless in that it doesn’t have much of the distinctive personality I expect from her music. Maybe it will grow on me…

Agree. If I heard this song without knowing it was Ross it could be anyone. I dont know if its the production or if this is just how Ross sounds now.

Jimi LaLumia
09-05-2021, 06:42 PM
It is available in the Amazon USA store cos I bought one last nite; it's doing very well... and what's with the ABBA nonsense on a Motown page and Supremes specific thread..who cares about ABBA?

djessie
09-06-2021, 06:37 AM
Diana´s album is released in the same day as the Abba album. Obviously, that relates to possible chart positions and overall attention of Diana´s album.

It is available in the Amazon USA store cos I bought one last nite; it's doing very well... and what's with the ABBA nonsense on a Motown page and Supremes specific thread..who cares about ABBA?

Circa 1824
09-06-2021, 09:36 AM
Pharrell did it so much better with “Happy.” Diana’s song falls flat in the middle chorus. I tried to like it, but just can’t. It is not joyful and borders on being preachy. I am disappointed.

after you
09-06-2021, 12:12 PM
Pharrell is fifty years younger she’s 77 this song is fantastic I love it much better than Abbas two new songs it’s got all the grove things going on and remember she recorded this album during Covid so she was limited on what she could do ::: stop the wining and enjoy

florence
09-06-2021, 12:28 PM
Whether it's because of the new releases from Drake and Abba but sadly the reaction in the UK to If The World Just Danced is decidedly muted.

copley
09-06-2021, 01:06 PM
Just checked the UK mid week singles chart - no Diana but TBH I'm not surprised. Both the new Abba tracks are in the top 10 and Drake has 3! Drake appeals to the kids & Abba seem to appeal to all ages. There you have it.

after you
09-06-2021, 07:46 PM
There you have what if you have nothing good to say to go the negative Nelly sites I’m sure you will fit Right in and who cares what it does on the charts we asked for new music we got it and we still have to wait to the album release cheers to happy positive people

Ollie9
09-07-2021, 05:05 AM
Whether it's because of the new releases from Drake and Abba but sadly the reaction in the UK to If The World Just Danced is decidedly muted.

I’m also surprised. With the positive response “Thank You” received from the media, i thought UK radio would be all over this. Sadly I've yet to hear it. In total contrast the ABBA songs are played every half hour.

copley
09-07-2021, 07:29 AM
There you have what if you have nothing good to say to go the negative Nelly sites I’m sure you will fit Right in and who cares what it does on the charts we asked for new music we got it and we still have to wait to the album release cheers to happy positive people

After you, you need to learn to respect other peoples thoughts & opinions on this forum. It's not a fan site for any artist. One more nasty remark will likely get you a warning from Ralph.

florence
09-07-2021, 12:47 PM
I’m also surprised. With the positive response “Thank You” received from the media, i thought UK radio would be all over this. Sadly I've yet to hear it. In total contrast the ABBA songs are played every half hour.

I don't think it's strong enough to be UK Radio friendly - more Radio One than 2 and I just don't think that One would play any Diana record now.

Most stations aren't wowed by it.

What will be important is I Still Believe.

If it's any way decent I think Radio 2 will support it which will be a big boost for the album.

jobucats
09-07-2021, 01:33 PM

No disrespect meant; however, I have a hard time understanding your posts because all of your words run together with no punctuation at all. At least place a period or comma whenever there's a pause or break in what you trying to convey.

Spreadinglove21
09-07-2021, 01:54 PM
I'm glad afteryou doesn't have the same power as Billy Mumy's character Little Anthony did in the Twilight Zone episode "It's a great Life" or most of us would have been sent to the cornfield for not being positive enough about If the World Just Danced and Diana Ross.

Spreadinglove21
09-07-2021, 01:56 PM
I don't think it's strong enough to be UK Radio friendly - more Radio One than 2 and I just don't think that One would play any Diana record now.

Most stations aren't wowed by it.

What will be important is I Still Believe.

If it's any way decent I think Radio 2 will support it which will be a big boost for the album.

For those of us not in the UK, what is the difference between Radio 2 and Radio 1? Is Radio 2 more adult contemporary while Radio 1 is for the younger audience? Are there other BBC or radio formats in the UK that would be friendly to new music from Diana Ross?

copley
09-07-2021, 02:45 PM
BBC Radio 1 is a national station playing current chart music and I use the word 'music' rather loosely. I do not think of the likes of Cardi B as having anything to do with music but then I'm an old person! Its sister station, Radio 2 is more current pop, MOR, oldies and the like. I believe that that 'Thank You' got a lot of plays but I have yet to hear 'Danced'. It could be that it falls between two stools! The UK has lots of local BBC & commercial radio stations but I never listen to them so I can't comment on their playlists. A video would have helped promotion but it's really the kids who drive the sales in the singles chart. Diana is simply not relevant or even on their radar! I only buy downloads if there is no other option and I don't like 'Danced' enough to buy it. Hope this helps.

Spreadinglove21
09-07-2021, 02:51 PM
BBC Radio 1 is current chart music and I use the word 'music' rather loosely. I do not think of the likes of Cardi B as having anything to do with music but then I'm an old person! Radio 2 is more current pop, MOR, oldies and the like. I believe that that 'Thank You' got a lot of plays but I have yet to hear 'Danced'. It could be that it falls between two stools! The UK has lots of local BBC & commercial radio stations but I never listen to them so I can't comment on their playlists. A video would have helped promotion but it's really the kids who drive the sales in the singles chart. Diana is simply not relevant or even on their radar! I only buy downloads if there is no other option and I don't like 'Danced' enough to buy it. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info! I'm in the US here. I won't buy "If the World Just Danced" until the album comes out as I want to own the album. I downloaded the Thank You single, which is my favorite so far of the songs I've heard so far.

Ollie9
09-07-2021, 03:51 PM
While it’s certainly contemporary sounding, perhaps it’s just not special enough to cause much of a stir as a single. It really needs tv promotion.

copley
09-07-2021, 04:42 PM
Ollie, I think that you hit the nail on the head. It's just not special enough to get noticed. However as I said it's the kids who buy singles/downloads/streaming and no way will they buy Diana Ross because they have never heard of her. Other artists like Rod Stewart, Robbie Williams, Take That, Barry Manilow, Cher, Paul McCartney, Madonna have not had a big hit single in ages but they still sell albums.

RanRan79
09-07-2021, 07:42 PM
I still feel like the song could be a hit if the promotion is handled correctly. I really love this song. But whether it hits or not, the important thing is that I like it, the album seems promising and it'll be nice to have some new Ross to listen to.

Ollie9
09-08-2021, 07:10 AM
It’s not enough to just release a song, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
With promotion “Just Danced”could take off, but it’s simply just not happening at the mo.
From what we have heard i think the album will be a quality release. At that point Diana really is going to have to make some effort at promotion.

florence
09-11-2021, 06:33 AM
It’s not enough to just release a song, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
With promotion “Just Danced”could take off, but it’s simply just not happening at the mo.
From what we have heard i think the album will be a quality release. At that point Diana really is going to have to make some effort at promotion.

Absolutely delighted but actually pretty shocked because I didn't really think it was their sort of music but If The World Just Danced has been added to the Radio 2 "A" play list with effect from today [[11 September)!

Radio 2 is the most listened radio station in the UK.

I personally really like Dance now more so than Thank You - it almost certainly got squeezed out by all the Abba mania last week.

Because of how the charts work nowadays it won't chart [[and the record comany know this) because artists like Diana simply don't get streamed big time but what it does serve to do is bring attention to the new album.

What we really need now is for the third single to be a huge melodic ballad.

There's no point in burying our head in the sand, Diana in the main is not a massive album seller in the UK [[hit collections excepted).

She certainly has had some big albums here [[ones which have contained a big hit single) but just as many if not more which have charted lowly for just a couple of weeks and sold mediocrely.

If Diana does not do some promotion then as you say the album could just slip by quietly without causing much of a ripple.

They've already changed the release date once - would it be so difficult to put it back another week or two [[even forward)?

Surely someone at Decca must realise that to release it on the same day as the new Abba album is literally suicide - it will get swamped.

Of course maybe Decca and Diana have something big planned in the way of promotion which we don't know about yet but I somehow very much doubt it.

Just a pity Bluebrock is not about to tell us what the heck is going on - they've already bungled the release of If The World Just Danced.

Circa 1824
09-11-2021, 07:20 AM
Diana’s biggest successes have been singing about falling in and out of love.
An album of uplifting messages seems ill-advised.
She somehow believes she has the power to change the world.
She is going to be very disappointed.

daviddh
09-11-2021, 11:49 AM
i like the new song Dance and think its very up lifting. a few appearances will do the trick and i am surprised she hasnt thus far, but with 9-11 ,our attention is on the 20th anniversary .
but none the less, a few appearances on Ellen,GMA,Toda, . she could have done a concert on the Today show. i think would help sales. a video.
i suppose the push back to nov is to get christmas sales. kinda get it, but what about now?
Bluebrock sends regards.

Ollie9
09-11-2021, 12:08 PM
Absolutely delighted but actually pretty shocked because I didn't really think it was their sort of music but If The World Just Danced has been added to the Radio 2 "A" play list with effect from today [[11 September)!

Radio 2 is the most listened radio station in the UK.

I personally really like Dance now more so than Thank You - it almost certainly got squeezed out by all the Abba mania last week.

Because of how the charts work nowadays it won't chart [[and the record comany know this) because artists like Diana simply don't get streamed big time but what it does serve to do is bring attention to the new album.

What we really need now is for the third single to be a huge melodic ballad.

There's no point in burying our head in the sand, Diana in the main is not a massive album seller in the UK [[hit collections excepted).

She certainly has had some big albums here [[ones which have contained a big hit single) but just as many if not more which have charted lowly for just a couple of weeks and sold mediocrely.

If Diana does not do some promotion then as you say the album could just slip by quietly without causing much of a ripple.

They've already changed the release date once - would it be so difficult to put it back another week or two [[even forward)?

Surely someone at Decca must realise that to release it on the same day as the new Abba album is literally suicide - it will get swamped.

Of course maybe Decca and Diana have something big planned in the way of promotion which we don't know about yet but I somehow very much doubt it.

Just a pity Bluebrock is not about to tell us what the heck is going on - they've already bungled the release of If The World Just Danced.

Encouraging news regarding Radio 2. Who would have thought?.
At the mo it’s as if the song had never been released, a huge shame as it’s a decent dance number. I’m pinning all my hopes on Diana promoting the album. Agree that the third single needs to be a killer ballad.
The release date is of course nuts. It needs to be brought forward a week, no if’s or buts.

jim aka jtigre99
09-11-2021, 01:05 PM
She somehow believes she has the power to change the world.
She is going to be very disappointed.
Both Ross and Wilson became partial to message music, the last single from Ross is this and Wilson had Why Can't We All Get Along. Back in '70 both tried message songs that are enduring but didn't light up the charts in 1970, Reach Out and Touch only hit #20 and Everybody's Got The Right To Love hit #21. Still, in your 70's, songs about love might not be in the wheel except maybe remembrances of past loves.

Roberta75
09-11-2021, 01:35 PM
Bluebrock was and is our most valuable source to all things Diana Ross and a man of great integrity and kindness but a few members on here insulted him and questioned his information so now hes taking a break from the forum and why wouldnt he?

Frankly i hope he comes back but if he doesnt come back I wouldnt blame him. Hes had a real tough year and now hes concentrating on his family which is his and should be his MAIN priority.

I privately communicate with him and will be doing so again real soon but if and when he comes back and shares inside information, the few who insulted him and qestioned him should remember, in your case silence is golden.

Please say a prayer for all of those who we lost on 9/11 20 years ago today.

Fondly,

Roberta

daviddh
09-11-2021, 06:24 PM
I agree. I miss having Bluebrook insight.
He was full of info and back story

PeaceNHarmony
09-11-2021, 07:48 PM
I agree. I miss having Bluebrook insight.
He was full of info and back storyIndeed, and full of life, good-deeds and familial love as well, and does not have the time [[as some posters here, past and present do) to feel the necessity to comment on each and every thread's each and every post, particularly in a negative and ill-informed fashion. Such is life on the internet.

after you
09-11-2021, 08:57 PM
You all have a good evening and enjoy the music

Levi Stubbs Tears
09-11-2021, 10:42 PM
if and when he comes back and shares inside information, the few who insulted him and qestioned him should remember, in your case silence is golden.

Sadly, the most ignorant people tend not to have an off switch.

Ollie9
09-12-2021, 05:19 AM

A good point. I personally really enjoy those positive message songs, but Diana is rather renowned for her songs of love. I’m hoping the third single will fit the bill, but not before “If The World Just Danced” has been given a chance to shine.

Spreadinglove21
09-12-2021, 07:53 AM
A good point. I personally really enjoy those positive message songs, but Diana is rather renowned for her songs of love. I’m hoping the third single will fit the bill, but not before “If The World Just Danced” has been given a chance to shine.

I wouldn't hold your breath for that. When the Thank you single came out, it was announced that every song on the new album was going to be about uplift and positivity in the world. But hopefully that theme will incorporate songs about the happiness of being in love or finding love, or the joy of a long lasting stable and loving relationship, and not just preachy message songs. Circa and others are correct in worrying that the album will be Diana Ross' twitter feed set to music.

Ollie9
09-12-2021, 08:49 AM
Circa and others are correct in worrying that the album will be Diana Ross' twitter feed set to music.

Those EST courses were worth their weight in gold. :rolleyes:

daviddh
09-12-2021, 01:54 PM
Being a fan since I was 16, just hoping that this album does well for her.
I really didn't want ILY to be her last album even though there were a few good songs but rather low budget..
Hopefully the album will be as good as the first two singles.

Atasteofhoney
09-12-2021, 03:10 PM
I listen to this song almost daily, and I must say it grows upon me.

captainjames
09-12-2021, 04:44 PM
I would have to agree that I am definitely liking the song more each day. Also, I am not one to watch the charts to see where it has landed. I am really excited that Diana has released new material after all these years.

mindful1
09-12-2021, 06:09 PM
this song was composed to magically stick in the brain, I listen to it while working out in the mornings and it stays there all day! I can imagine aerobics instructors using it during classes.

after you
09-14-2021, 12:39 AM
If the world just danced is like upside down it stays with you one of her best singles in years

144man
09-14-2021, 08:01 AM
If the world just danced is like upside down
it stays with you
one of her best singles in years

I have taken the liberty of rewriting your post in suuch a way that it needs no punctuation. Having no punctuation might be okay on short cellphone messages, but it makes longer postings on the forum a struggle to understand. I hope that if you could do your postings like the above in the future, it would be an acceptable compromise.

RanRan79
09-14-2021, 09:25 AM
I have taken the liberty of rewriting your post in suuch a way that it needs no punctuation. Having no punctuation might be okay on short cellphone messages, but it makes longer postings on the forum a struggle to understand. I hope that if you could do your postings like the above in the future, it would be an acceptable compromise.

I'm glad I didn't have a mouthful of liquid when I read this. Definitely avoided a laptop disaster when I guffawed.:D

after you
09-16-2021, 03:47 PM
If the world just danced could become the next TikTok Sensation , it’s really a great tune , dance dance dance

Ollie9
09-17-2021, 05:40 AM
I have as yet to hear it being played on radio. It’s such a fun, feel-good song that is head and shoulders above much of the crap you hear being churned out all day long.
A music video would certainly bolster its chances, but time is slipping away.

Circa 1824
09-17-2021, 07:52 AM
I have as yet to hear it being played on radio. It’s such a fun, feel-good song that is head and shoulders above much of the crap you hear being churned out all day long.

to show how little I know about the music business, I always thought videos were produced and filmed BEFORE a single was released.

Ollie9
09-17-2021, 08:37 AM
to show how little I know about the music business, I always thought videos were produced and filmed BEFORE a single was released.

Whatever gave you that idea Circa. :)

TNSUN
09-17-2021, 08:57 AM
This song sounds better each time I listen it. Reminds me of the finale of a great Bollywood Movie. Ms. Ross is in top form! I am hoping for a global fun dance video! The production is awesome and Ms.Ross' classic smooth vocals are in the groove. It has a similarly with Cher's "Believe"- it is instantly Bravo memorable!

Circa 1824
09-17-2021, 09:23 AM
Whatever gave you that idea Circa. :)

Hey Ollie, I’m guessing the Touch Me In The Morning video should be out any day now.

Ollie9
09-17-2021, 09:43 AM

Does anyone know how well it’s doing in the USA?.

after you
09-17-2021, 11:53 AM
It’s no doubt a very upbeat Phenomenal song it’s a global dance song , The lyrics are absolutely incredible, and it really doesn’t matter if the charts or not get over yourselves , ,like oh my god so many @@@@@ people out there

Ollie9
09-17-2021, 03:24 PM
It’s no doubt a very upbeat Phenomenal song it’s a global dance song , The lyrics are absolutely incredible, and it really doesn’t matter if the charts or not get over yourselves , ,like oh my god so many @@@@@ people out there

Excuse me!!. Now pick that rattle up and put it back in your pram where you found it.
The grownups are trying to talk.

Spreadinglove21
09-17-2021, 04:03 PM
Excuse me!!. Now pick that rattle up and put it back in your pram where you found it.
The grownups are trying to talk.

On one hand, after you says it doesn't matter if the song charts, but on the other hand, after you is hoping the song will become a Tik Tok sensation.

No doubt If the World Just Danced is primed to be a Tik Tok sensation as Tik Tok trends are determined by people who are of the age to be big Diana Ross fans. :rolleyes:

Ollie9
09-17-2021, 04:20 PM
On one hand, after you says it doesn't matter if the song charts, but on the other hand, after you is hoping the song will become a Tik Tok sensation.

No doubt If the World Just Danced is primed to be a Tik Tok sensation as Tik Tok trends are determined by people who are of the age to be big Diana Ross fans. :rolleyes:

As in Diana who? :confused:

florence
10-01-2021, 01:05 PM
Up from #99-#80 in the UK Official Sales Chart.

Ollie9
10-02-2021, 06:00 AM
Up from #99-#80 in the UK Official Sales Chart.

Where's Top Of The Pops when you need it. Legs & Co would have danced up a storm to this number lol.

Jaap
10-02-2021, 06:00 AM
New remixes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7__GH5sgI8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MxFLo6PXaQ

Ollie9
10-02-2021, 06:12 AM
The MOTi remix adds a little more light and shade making it the more interesting. I prefer it to the original version.

after you
10-02-2021, 07:39 AM
Both amazing remixes this is the song of the year absolutely incredible, here’s a review from the Diana Ross Project , And the releases just keep on coming!Two new official remixes of the current single from Ms. Ross, “If The World Just Danced,” are available now for streaming and download.
Eric Kupper handles one, no surprise considering his stellar track record with Ms. Ross; it’s another shimmering production that keeps our diva’s vocal front and center while providing the song with a strong, clean beat and a cool smoothness perfect for both dance clubs and late-night lounges.
The other is a fun reimagining from DJ and producer MOTi, who also keeps a strong emphasis on the vocals. That said, the punchy track is a nice departure from the original recording, and buoys Ms. Ross as she delivers the song’s universal message. This one sounds like a global hit.
Listen to them below [[and listen over and over again…let’s get those YouTube views UP!) and leave your thoughts in a comment!

daviddh
10-02-2021, 08:31 AM
love this song,hope it does well

TNSUN
10-02-2021, 07:57 PM
Loving the new Eric Kupper remix of Diana Ross' "If The World Just Danced".
The bass has been upgraded and her sweeter voice is heavenly!

florence
10-08-2021, 01:01 PM
If The World Just Danced up from #80-#64 in the Official UK Sales Chart - all thanks to Radio 2.

Reappeared in the iTunes Top 40 a couple of days ago.

jobeterob
10-08-2021, 02:26 PM
http://ukairplaychart.com/1250/BBC_Radio_2/?fbclid=IwAR2vrWVlxa7EenRm8ZVlJbs4XgbhdJZ1Eq-d056bUVhhtwDTxSfSVOvGDRQ

PeaceNHarmony
10-08-2021, 08:30 PM
http://ukairplaychart.com/1250/BBC_Radio_2/?fbclid=IwAR2vrWVlxa7EenRm8ZVlJbs4XgbhdJZ1Eq-d056bUVhhtwDTxSfSVOvGDRQYou always find interesting things, JRob. Thanks for this one.

after you
10-08-2021, 09:03 PM
http://ukairplaychart.com/1250/BBC_Radio_2/?fbclid=IwAR2vrWVlxa7EenRm8ZVlJbs4XgbhdJZ1Eq-d056bUVhhtwDTxSfSVOvGDRQ

excellent news this may go number one many thanks

after you
10-09-2021, 04:29 PM
Which tracks are every one waiting to hear

Thank You track listing
No.
Title
Writer[[s)
Length

"Thank You"

Diana Ross [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diana_Ross)
Amy Wadge [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Wadge)
Christian Paul Wossilek
Nathaniel Ledwidge
Troy Miller

3:45

"If the World Just Danced"

Diana Ross
Aliandro Prawl
Andre Pinckney
Scott M. Carter
Wadge
Vanessa Wood
Jaquetta Singleton

3:44

"All Is Well"

Diana Ross
Fred White
Rhonda Ross

4:32

"In Your Heart"

Diana Ross
Charles Hinshaw
Wadge

4:16

"Just in Case"

Ross
Taylor Parks [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Parks)
Jimmy Napes [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Napes)
Freddy Wexler [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddy_Wexler)
Fred White

3:10

"The Answer's Always Love"

Siedah Garrett [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siedah_Garrett)
Barry Eastmond

4:33

"Let's Do It"

Diana Ross
Fred White
Neff-U

3:40

"I Still Believe"

Hannah Berney [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violet_Skies)
Autumn Rowe [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autumn_Rowe)
Ruth-Anne Cunningham [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RuthAnne)
Charlie McLean

3:38

"Count on Me"
Rhonda Ross
3:30

"Tomorrow"

Prawl
Wadge
Alex Stacey
Pinckney
Scott M. Carter
Chris Stevens
Kyla Moscovich
Vanessa Wood

3:23

"Beautiful Love"

Diana Ross
Fred White

4:00

"Time to Call"

Diana Ross
Teyana Miller
Troy Miller

3:31

"Come Together"

Diana Ross
Hinshaw
Marvee Woods
Timothy Bloom
Ayak Thiik [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayak_Thiik)

3:43

Total length:
49:25

^ [[https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thank_You_[[Diana_Ross_album)#cite_ref-Billboard_1-0)

daviddh
10-10-2021, 11:19 AM
Either way ,hope it does well for Diana.
Nov 5 seems far off but not really.

after you
10-10-2021, 01:24 PM
Either way ,hope it does well for Diana.
Nov 5 seems far off but not really.
I’m sure it’s going to do fine , the above collection of songs does not include the new collaborations

jobeterob
10-11-2021, 11:58 AM
It’s now #1 on the airplay chart

marybrewster
10-11-2021, 02:57 PM

At the Ross Compound in Greenwich, lol.

after you
10-11-2021, 04:33 PM
Incredible news England has always shown love for the Boss , only a fool would laugh at this , I’m sure this album is going to make it to number one

daviddh
10-11-2021, 05:49 PM
to bad we the fans couldnt get this off for Diana. i thought sure this would hit

Ollie9
10-11-2021, 05:54 PM
Has the American music buying public turned its back on Diana once again?. Hopefully the album will be met with a little more enthusiasm.

jobeterob
10-11-2021, 06:39 PM
At the bottom of the chart, it says it’s compiled from 316 radio stations forming 99% of the market

Amusing because Abba had sons on but further down the list - I think they have 2 though

copley
10-11-2021, 07:57 PM
It’s now #1 on the airplay chart

26 of the 40 songs are not in the UK Top 100 and are never likely to be. It's only an airplay chart so counts for nothing :[[

PeaceNHarmony
10-11-2021, 08:24 PM
26 of the 40 songs are not in the UK Top 100 and are never likely to be. It's only an airplay chart so counts for nothing :[[If the airplay chart counts 'for nothing' I can only wonder why there is an airplay chart at all.

after you
10-12-2021, 12:55 AM
If the airplay chart counts 'for nothing' I can only wonder why there is an airplay chart at all.
Exactly this means everything

Ollie9
10-12-2021, 02:19 AM
It actually means very little. The airplay chart is a guide as to what songs radio stations are likely to be playing each day. It’s great if a station is behind your song, but does not equate to it being a success.

PeaceNHarmony
10-12-2021, 08:01 AM
Exactly this means everythingI tend to agree. Radio stations are not really known for repeatedly playing songs that the audience does not want to hear! We could, in fact, say that in this era of dive-bombing physical and downloading sales of music that it is the airplay charts that mean everything, and perhaps it's the other charts that 'count for nothing'!;)

lucky2012
10-12-2021, 11:09 AM
New remixes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7__GH5sgI8[/video
[video=youtube;-MxFLo6PXaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MxFLo6PXaQ

I like the MOTi remix but I love the Eri Kupper remix. I really think it has potential to become a global hit. Maybe even in the US.

Ollie9
10-12-2021, 12:46 PM
26 of the 40 songs are not in the UK Top 100 and are never likely to be. It's only an airplay chart so counts for nothing :[[

If only it did copley. As they say, you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. ;)

copley
10-12-2021, 09:26 PM
Back in the day when records were records, I mean 7" vinyl singles, there were a great many that got a huge amount of plays on BBC Radio 1. However no amount of airplay could turn the record into a chart hit it if the listeners did not buy it. There was no such thing as an airplay chart back then. Such records were known as 'turntable hits'. Out of thousands I recall three that I loved that fell into that category. 'I Got A Feeling' - Barbara Randolph, 'Wild Night' - Martha Reeves & 'If It Feels Good Do It' - Della Reese. They were played to death and I loved them but I was in the minority as they all flopped. So what I am saying for those who can't or won't understand an airplay chart is purely that and counts for nothing so Ross being #1 is meaningless. It may however help to promote the album to Radio 2 listeners. I'd like to see it chart in the same way that I like to see all heritage artists have another hit under their belt. They have paid their dues and have nothing left to prove. But, and there is a but, Ross has to get off her butt and promote 'Thank You', things don't just happen you have to make them happen. That goes for all artists - remember that Temptations song!

Ollie9
10-13-2021, 04:15 AM
Back in the day when records were records, I mean 7" vinyl singles, there were a great many that got a huge amount of plays on BBC Radio 1. However no amount of airplay could turn the record into a chart hit it if the listeners did not buy it. There was no such thing as an airplay chart back then. Such records were known as 'turntable hits'. Out of thousands I recall three that I loved that fell into that category. 'I Got A Feeling' - Barbara Randolph, 'Wild Night' - Martha Reeves & 'If It Feels Good Do It' - Della Reese. They were played to death and I loved them but I was in the minority as they all flopped. So what I am saying for those who can't or won't understand an airplay chart is purely that and counts for nothing so Ross being #1 is meaningless. It may however help to promote the album to Radio 2 listeners. I'd like to see it chart in the same way that I like to see all heritage artists have another hit under their belt. They have paid their dues and have nothing left to prove. But, and there is a but, Ross has to get off her butt and promote 'Thank You', things don't just happen you have to make them happen. That goes for all artists - remember that Temptations song!

A concise and unequivocal post copley. Which Temptations song are you referring to?.

jack020
10-13-2021, 05:59 AM
The Way You Do The Things You Do?

copley
10-13-2021, 07:51 AM
Ollie, the one that I always quote when I think that an artist has put little or no effort into promotion because they are 'too big' to bother is "Superstar [[Remember How You Got Where You Are)". There are so many albums being released in the run up to Christmas I fear that it will simply be lost in the crush. It should have been released in August or wait until January which is always a quiet month release wise.

after you
10-13-2021, 03:01 PM
The more I hear this song I the more I absolutely love it

after you
10-14-2021, 05:10 AM
Diana Ross just posted : the world just danced is number one on BBC radio two I love it

florence
10-14-2021, 06:04 AM
Is I Still Believe still dropping tomorrow?

There seems to be nothing about it.

after you
10-14-2021, 07:07 AM
The date is not available on her website , I believe if the world just danced is gaining Momentum it may have been pushed back

carlo
10-14-2021, 07:17 AM
What a let down. I was really looking forward to the new single being released tomorrow. Sounds like the fan video for If the World Just Danced is coming very soon.

jobeterob
10-14-2021, 12:50 PM
I noticed Diana Ross on Facebook [[if it's really her) seems very thrilled by the #1 on BBC Radio.

copley
10-14-2021, 04:29 PM
There is as much chance of Ross posting on FB as there is of her doing a shed load of promo for the album! She would not know a BBC Radio 2 airplay chart from a knitting pattern!

Ollie9
10-14-2021, 04:54 PM
There is as much chance of Ross posting on FB as there is of her doing a shed load of promo for the album! She would not know a BBC Radio 2 airplay chart from a knitting pattern!

Your most probably right LOL.
I’m hoping we will get to see some personal promo when the album is released. A wise choice not to release another single just yet me thinks.

jobeterob
10-14-2021, 05:39 PM
I thought Tracee and Rhonda had got her around to knitting and watching Facebook posts on how great she is!

after you
10-14-2021, 06:53 PM
The more I hear this song the more I love it , it could become a huge hit

copley
10-14-2021, 09:48 PM
A third single right now would be overkill and could wreck album sales as the first two have not sold enough to chart. Anyway that's not what's needed Ross must get off her butt and promote, promote, promote. She's never going to have another single hit as it's the kids who buy the 'music' that fills the singles sales Top 100. It would be a case of 'Diana who?' Thinking back 50 years [[gosh did I really mean to admit that) I was just the same when '40's & '50's artists appeared on TV or radio. It was '60's or nothing. Albums are different as the older generation are still interested in the artists from their youth. As I said before 'Thank You' should have been released months ago as I fear that it will be lost in the run up to Christmas. There are so many new albums vying for our £££££$$$$$ and at least a top 10 position. If the release was deferred to Jan it would stand a much better chance of coming through what I call the post Christmas release gap.

vgalindo
10-14-2021, 10:59 PM
Diana Ross has a very active Twitter account that she posts very often. She posted and thanked the UK for it being #1 on the radio chart.

vgalindo
10-14-2021, 11:01 PM
Diana Ross has a very active Twitter account that she posts very often. She posted and thanked the UK for it being #1 on the radio chart.

https://twitter.com/i/redirect?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fsearch%3F q%3D%2523IfTheWorldJustDanced%26cn%3DZmxleGlibGVfc mVjcw%253D%253D%26refsrc%3Demail&t=1+1634229208414&cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&sig=43847b5574e134adee1a2c76471fb3207257c3df&iid=a81eb752441d427bb5530e90fd9eceaf&uid=1271037361&nid=244+272699401

jobeterob
10-14-2021, 11:05 PM
And her writing style can give her away !

after you
10-15-2021, 06:00 AM
I still believe has been delayed , thank goodness maybe the album will be delayed also , sometimes it takes a few months for a single to do well , it’s heading that way

jobeterob
10-15-2021, 08:34 PM
10.15.2021 #THANKYOU "If the World Just Danced" has risen to #56 on the U.K. Official Singles Download chart, and to #57 on the U.K. Official Singles Sales Chart!!! ������.
I just cut and pasted this

TNSUN
10-15-2021, 09:40 PM
BBC 2 Radio Song Chart lists "If The World Just Danced" as its current Number 1 Song. Congratulations to
Diana Ross ! ! ! ! !

florence
10-16-2021, 04:27 AM
A third single right now would be overkill and could wreck album sales as the first two have not sold enough to chart. Anyway that's not what's needed Ross must get off her butt and promote, promote, promote. She's never going to have another single hit as it's the kids who buy the 'music' that fills the singles sales Top 100. It would be a case of 'Diana who?' Thinking back 50 years [[gosh did I really mean to admit that) I was just the same when '40's & '50's artists appeared on TV or radio. It was '60's or nothing. Albums are different as the older generation are still interested in the artists from their youth. As I said before 'Thank You' should have been released months ago as I fear that it will be lost in the run up to Christmas. There are so many new albums vying for our £££££$$$$$ and at least a top 10 position. If the release was deferred to Jan it would stand a much better chance of coming through what I call the post Christmas release gap.

I hear you, copley and you're 100% correct.

As you say there ain't gonna be a hit single but the record company knew this from the statr and according to Bluebrock they wanted Diana to do an album.

With If The World Just Danced getting good airplay another single now would be overkill especially one in disco vein such as I Still Believe.

Unless there is a huge amount of promotion planned in the next couple of weeks which we haven't heard about this album is heading for oblivion in the UK - it's going to be swamped by Abba and also the Christmas rush..

The original release date should never have been changed.

However good as what we've had so far is the UK definitely needs a radio-friendly ballad - hard to tell from such short clips but if Time To Call has a strong chorus it might be the one.

Spreadinglove21
10-16-2021, 07:43 AM
I get why the release date was changed to November. Given the title, and the age of her fanbase, it's meant to compete in the Christmas shopping season. I'm sure Decca was thinking younger people may buy the CD as a gift for their grandparent or older Uncle or Aunt.

Spreadinglove21
10-16-2021, 07:47 AM

It's not that active. She's posted a few times this week, but that's after a pause of a couple of weeks, and two of the posts this week are her usual Secrets of a Sparrow style inspirational rhetoric though at least she hash tagged Thank You to build awareness of the album. But she's no Dionne Warwick when it comes to using Twitter though Diana Ross does stay on her current brand with her Tweets just like Dionne does.

daviddh
10-17-2021, 09:50 AM
and now Adele has a new single and album coming nov 15. stiff competition.
still looking forward to the album, maybe Diana was ready to tour . not sure but hopefully we will see her soon

after you
10-19-2021, 02:30 PM
Diana Ross just released the music video to If the world just danced , which I’m in what a friggen awesome song

PeaceNHarmony
10-20-2021, 06:54 PM
Diana Ross just released the music video to If the world just danced , which I’m in what a friggen awesome songO. M. G. !! SOOO happy for you! Yes, it's a GREAT song, and I've found that for both 'TY' and "ITWJD' I liked them from the start and with each and every play I've loved the records more. Hits-Schmitz. Our Miss Ross has made [[at least) 2 great new songs for the true fans. You be well!

after you
10-20-2021, 10:14 PM
O. M. G. !! SOOO happy for you! Yes, it's a GREAT song, and I've found that for both 'TY' and "ITWJD' I liked them from the start and with each and every play I've loved the records more. Hits-Schmitz. Our Miss Ross has made [[at least) 2 great new songs for the true fans. You be well! Thank you my friend the fans who truly love her can enjoy her music which we love

after you
12-15-2021, 08:45 PM
I’m still over the moon on this song ,It’s definitely my song of the year along with I still believe and tomorrow Thank you Diana for putting out such great music