PDA

View Full Version : Barbara Lewis "The Complete Atlantic Singles" [Re-Release] 2CD [Real Gone] 10/21/2021

test

Motown Eddie
08-06-2021, 03:14 PM
With her purring passionate voice and arrangements both spare and sumptuous, Barbara Lewis recorded some of the best soul-pop of the 1960s. Though best remembered for her hits "Hello Stranger" [which Barbara wrote along with a number of her early singles],"Baby I'm Yours," and "Make Me Your Baby," she recorded a wealth of fine material for Atlantic Records throughout the 1960s that remains beloved among devotees of both the Beach Music and Northern Soul scenes, with such esteemed producers as Bert Berns, Arif Mardin and Artie Butler behind the board. This two-CD collection is the most comprehensive anthology of her Atlantic recordings ever assembled [and the only one available], featuring the A-sides and B-sides of all 17 singles she issued for the label, many of which have never appeared on CD. Richie Unterberger’s notes feature exclusive quotes from Barbara Lewis herself; Charles Benson contributes a fresh mastering job. A soul essential!

Tracklist
[CD1]
1. My Heart Went Do Dat Da
2. The Longest Night Of The Year
3. My Mama Told Me
4. Gonna Love You Till The End Of Time
5. Hello Stranger
6. Think A Little Sugar
7. Straighten Up Your Heart
8. If You Love Her
9. Puppy Love
10. Snap Your Fingers
11. Someday We're Gonna Love Again
12. Spend A Little Time
13. Pushing A Good Thing Too Far
14. Come Home
15. Baby I'm Yours
16. I Say Love
17. Make Me Your Baby
18. Love To Be Loved

[CD2]
1. Don't Forget About Me
2. It's Magic
3. Make Me Belong To You
4. Girls Need Lovin’ Care
5. Baby What Do You Want Me To Do
6. I Remember The Feeling
7. I'll Make Him Love Me
8. Love Makes The World Go Round
9. Fool, Fool, Fool [Look In The Mirror]
10. Only All The Time
11. Sho-Nuff [It's Got To Be Your Love]
12. Thankful For What I Got
13. I'll Keep Believin’
14. On Bended Knees
15. You're A Dream Maker
16. I'm All You've Got
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0098I7TUE/?tag=imwan-20
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51vFEMB7hUL.jpg

woodward
08-07-2021, 08:11 AM
Well, fortunately, this is one collection I won't need to purchase as I have a near mint
copy of every one of the 17 45s that she released on the Atlantic Label. It is a great
investment for anyone who doesn't have them all as I do. She's a great singer.

daviddesper
08-07-2021, 09:25 AM
Wouldn't all of these have already been released on her box set that came out last year?

smallworld
08-07-2021, 10:06 AM
Nice to see that this set has sold enough to warrant a repress.

It's a shame second volumes of RGM's singles sets for Wilson Pickett and the Loma label haven't been forthcoming.

splanky
08-07-2021, 10:46 AM
Oh I am so all over this release...Finally something I really can enjoy....

Motown Eddie
08-07-2021, 01:49 PM
Wouldn't all of these have already been released on her box set that came out last year?

Yes, all of Barbara Lewis' material on Atlantic [along with the single she did on WB/Reprise] was released on the box set that came out on Soul Music Records/Cherry Red last year. However, it's nice to know that there's a renewed demand for this collection from Real Gone that originally came out in 2012.

smallworld
08-07-2021, 02:08 PM
The RGM Singles set uses single mixes, though.