PDA

View Full Version : Bob babbitt in hospital

test

ray_monette
05-08-2011, 02:54 PM
I just talked to ann,and bob fell at the studio yesterday,and went into a seizure.
He's in the hospital,and the doctors say he has a brain tumor. He's coherent,and the doctor says the tumor doesn't look like it's been there very long.
They will decide today what course of treatment to take. Whether to remove it or what.

Keep bob in your prayers,and we'll all hope for the best!!

Ray

splanky
05-08-2011, 03:12 PM
Damn, wasn't prepared for this. I'll certainly be pulling for Babbit to get through this. Thanks for the heads up, Ray..

theboyfromxtown
05-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Thank you Ray for letting us know.

I shall be keeping Bob in my prayers too.

thelastsupreme
05-08-2011, 03:53 PM
prayers for Bob and his family. sad to hear that. I pray he overcomes this.

edafan
05-08-2011, 06:08 PM
God bless you Bob,

Keep fighting

In the short time I have known you,
you have proved to be a great musician
and a compassionate friend.

Edafan from Boston

ralpht
05-08-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm really sorry to learn this. Babbitt. Hang in there, dude, we're thinking of you.

marv2
05-08-2011, 07:38 PM
Bob Babbitt is a great guy. I will pray for his recovery. Thank you Ray for alerting us.

Marv

daddyacey
05-09-2011, 12:12 AM
My prayers go out to Bob and his family in this critical time.

timmyfunk
05-09-2011, 07:42 AM
My thoughts will definitely be with Bob and his family.

bradburger
05-09-2011, 11:34 AM
I too am sorry to hear this.

My thoughts are with Bob and his family also.

Cheers

Paul

sophisticated_soul
05-09-2011, 01:24 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Bob and his family.

MotownSteve
05-09-2011, 06:40 PM
My prayers for for a speedy recovery for Bob and may his family have the strength to carry them through this.

pshark
05-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Wishing Bob a speedy recovery

jtf1972
05-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Thank God it seems early... God Bless Bob Babbitt!

tom_moulton
05-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Sorry to hear about Babbitt, My prayers go out to him.

mark speck
05-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Thoughts and prayers going out to Babbitt for a speedy recovery...God Bless!

Best,

Mark

1382hitsville
05-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I wish Bob all the strenght he needs. I will light a candle for him.

tom_moulton
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM
I just got off the phone with Bobby Eli and he talked to Babbitt . He expected his wife to answer and he picked up the phone. He is home now and he has to go in for some more tests. Bobby said he sounded his usual self and said that Babbitt had fallen and hit his head. It looks like he will have a speedy recovery.

bradsupremes
05-10-2011, 03:17 PM
Keeping Bob in my prayers! Get well soon!

pshark
05-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Right on:cool:

MotownSteve
05-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Glad to hear some good news!

dennis_coffey
05-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks for telling us Ray. Hang in there Bob. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Dennis Coffey

stephanie
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh good I am so glad Bob is home he will feel much better. A funk brother has to rest get well Babbitt,
Steph

mikey
05-11-2011, 07:15 AM
Let's listen to the man playing on this classic http://youtu.be/HMkjUniOJSU

Wishing Bob Babbitt all the best.

paladin
05-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Thanks Mikey..wow......get well soon Mr. Babbitt......

AnMDBCartoon
05-18-2011, 10:41 PM
All my prayers for a swift recuperation, Bob ..

bankhousedave
05-21-2011, 04:47 AM
Thank God he's OK. There's only one Babbitt.

ollie
05-21-2011, 04:51 AM
get well soon.
Regards

moe
05-22-2011, 05:39 PM
Oh my, what did I miss? Hey Bob, I wish you all the best!! Please get well soon!!

jalowe1957
05-31-2011, 12:32 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Babbitt family, as are those in the Facebook community.

ray_monette
05-31-2011, 06:33 PM
Many Nashville Storms Plus One Bob Babbitt Storm....

We have been having many storms here in Nashville recently and about May 2/3 lightning struck out the back door of my house and entered in to the house via underground....The lightning blew out all of my phone land lines, my internet, my sub woofer on my surround sound speaker, my firestudio connnector to my main speakers in my midi studio and at the same time I was typing on my keypad the lightning came up into the pad and jolted my left hand causing it to raise about 5-6 ft in the air....The following weekend I was with an engineer friend of mine in my midi studio learning about my recently purchased Logic Pro recording technique when I had a bad fall...Thank God the engineer was here as he called 911 and an ambulance came to take me to the hospital....I was there 3-4 days came back home and then went back for 3-4 more days for Mri/Cat Scan test and some surgery....They sent me home last Friday and I have been feeling great! I will go next week to see the Drs and get update info on the test and they will let me know if I need any more treatment...etc....In the meantime the Funk Brothers will be doing two shows June 15 and 16 in Calagry, Canada, then Funk's will be at the Smithonian Instutute every day from June 30 to July 4th as part of their 2011 shows featuring the Blues and R&B/Motown artist....
I am really looking forward to playing with our fantastic band and to share the stage with long time friend and Funk Brother guitarist Eddie Willis!! Motown vocalist Kim Weston will also be a guest singer with us!
We will do two 40 minute shows a day and interviews between the shows as we will also be presented an honorariam to the Smithsonion Instutute.....I am told that the shows are free and if you can make it to see us please come and say hi and hang with us.....
The Funks then will appear on August 27th in Detroit, Michigan as part of a two day tribute show honoring the many Artists through the years that came from the different styles of Detroit music featuring some of the most creative musical talant in the history of music...
At some point in Oct the Funks will then be appearing in Hamilton, Canada and then the possibility of recording a new CD....We will then take a well deserved rest and come spring 2012 the Funk Brothers featuring the Phil Collins Horn section from Europe will do a tour of Europe playing at some of the major Jazz and Blues festivals along with shows all throughout England....Hopefully if you can make it to one of the shows don't forget to make an effort to come and say hi and hang with us....
Bob

lorraineC
05-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Many Nashville Storms Plus One Bob Babbitt Storm....

We have been having many storms here in Nashville recently and about May 2/3 lightning struck out the back door of my house and entered in to the house via underground....The lightning blew out all of my phone land lines, my internet, my sub woofer on my surround sound speaker, my firestudio connnector to my main speakers in my midi studio and at the same time I was typing on my keypad the lightning came up into the pad and jolted my left hand causing it to raise about 5-6 ft in the air....The following weekend I was with an engineer friend of mine in my midi studio learning about my recently purchased Logic Pro recording technique when I had a bad fall...Thank God the engineer was here as he called 911 and an ambulance came to take me to the hospital....I was there 3-4 days came back home and then went back for 3-4 more days for Mri/Cat Scan test and some surgery....They sent me home last Friday and I have been feeling great! I will go next week to see the Drs and get update info on the test and they will let me know if I need any more treatment...etc....In the meantime the Funk Brothers will be doing two shows June 15 and 16 in Calagry, Canada, then Funk's will be at the Smithonian Instutute every day from June 30 to July 4th as part of their 2011 shows featuring the Blues and R&B/Motown artist....
I am really looking forward to playing with our fantastic band and to share the stage with long time friend and Funk Brother guitarist Eddie Willis!! Motown vocalist Kim Weston will also be a guest singer with us!
We will do two 40 minute shows a day and interviews between the shows as we will also be presented an honorariam to the Smithsonion Instutute.....I am told that the shows are free and if you can make it to see us please come and say hi and hang with us.....
The Funks then will appear on August 27th in Detroit, Michigan as part of a two day tribute show honoring the many Artists through the years that came from the different styles of Detroit music featuring some of the most creative musical talant in the history of music...
At some point in Oct the Funks will then be appearing in Hamilton, Canada and then the possibility of recording a new CD....We will then take a well deserved rest and come spring 2012 the Funk Brothers featuring the Phil Collins Horn section from Europe will do a tour of Europe playing at some of the major Jazz and Blues festivals along with shows all throughout England....Hopefully if you can make it to one of the shows don't forget to make an effort to come and say hi and hang with us....
Bob

Glad you're doing better. Looks like you all have a full schedule.

Lorraine