PDA

View Full Version : New Diana Ross song “Time To Call”

test

ejluther
07-28-2021, 05:23 PM
Lovely and heartfelt with a beautiful vocal!
https://dianarossproject.wordpress.com/2021/07/28/new-song-time-to-call-streaming-online-now/

copley
07-28-2021, 05:55 PM
Much better than 'Thank You'. :)

after you
07-28-2021, 06:38 PM
This song is quite lovely it has everything that I need to love it and yes it is on par with Thank you ��

vgalindo
07-28-2021, 07:00 PM
Beautiful song. I can hardly wait for the new album.

rovereab
07-28-2021, 07:02 PM
What a stunning song and performance. It’s going to be hard to wait for the album having been teased with two excellent songs, so far.

Diana is back!

sophisticated_soul
07-28-2021, 07:26 PM
Very beautiful and heart felt. I love it!!!:)
September 10th can't get here soon enough!

carlo
07-28-2021, 08:07 PM
Such an incredibly beautiful and moving song! I've listened to it five times and each time, it brings me to tears.

Circa 1824
07-28-2021, 08:48 PM
Gorgeous ballad. Wonderfully sung.

i know I am being naughty, but I can’t help but remember someone on this forum claimed to have heard secretly snuck out songs and claimed they were not good. Hmmmmmm. I remain highly suspicious of many of such postings.

TNSUN
07-28-2021, 08:49 PM
As always, Diana Ross' voice shines with a beautiful hope. Congratulations, to Ms.Ross on this heartfelt song!

JLoveLamar
07-28-2021, 09:05 PM
Imma need ALL IS WELL released!!!!! Let me listen to this

Bluebrock
07-29-2021, 02:23 AM
Gorgeous ballad. Wonderfully sung.

i know I am being naughty, but I can’t help but remember someone on this forum claimed to have heard secretly snuck out songs and claimed they were not good. Hmmmmmm. I remain highly suspicious of many of such postings.
That would be me i take it? I was given 20/30 second snippets of 15 songs. and i was not impressed with the vast majority of what i heard. It is difficult to form an opinion in such circumstances. I have not yet listened to the full version of this song, and until i do so i cannot/will not change my opinion.

Ollie9
07-29-2021, 02:30 AM
A beautiful song with a wistful, poignant vocal performance from Diana that brought a tear to my eye. Just the kind of message we need to be hearing in these troubled times.
The quality of these new recordings have already exceeded my expectations.

Bluebrock
07-29-2021, 02:58 AM
A beautiful song with a wistful, poignant vocal performance from Diana that brought a tear to my eye. Just the kind of message we need to be hearing in these troubled times.
The quality of these new recordings have already exceeded my expectations.

Just listened to it twice. It is indeed a lovely song, and i am more optimistic about the quality of the album than i previously was.
Sounds like the lady is indeed back.

rovereab
07-29-2021, 04:03 AM
It seems strange to me that someone who presents themself as close to Diana Ross would post anything negative about unfinished songs. Likewise finding the recent chamber maid comment amusing and saying so publicly on this forum is similarly strange.

Makes me wonder who this person is!

The key thing is that Diana appears to have produced the quality of recordings we have been waiting for! Good on her!

florence
07-29-2021, 06:20 AM
Well, I'm a very cynical person and I don't believe I'm being lied to in this instance.

florence
07-29-2021, 06:25 AM
Is this track actually released as a single?

Really like it - beautiful song although the chorus doesn't have the same impact as say All Of My Life or When You Tell Me That You Love Me.

The methodology of chart compilation means that none of the tracks released as singles will actually make the charts but the record company will be fully aware of this.

What it will do is build up anticipation for the album.

If Time To Call is a single I can see it getting good airplay in the UK.

Bluebrock
07-29-2021, 07:34 AM
It seems strange to me that someone who presents themself as close to Diana Ross would post anything negative about unfinished songs. Likewise finding the recent chamber maid comment amusing and saying so publicly on this forum is similarly strange.

The key thing is that Diana appears to have produced the quality of recordings we have been waiting for! Good on her!

First of all it wasn't me who posted the original chambermaid comment. I merely responded to it in the light hearted way in which i assume the original poster intended it to be.
I never intentionally set out to upset anyone, and i therefore offer an unconditional apology to anyone whom i caused offence to. Looking back perhaps i should not have said what i did, but we live in desperately dark times and i was trying to inject some light hearted humour into the conversation. I can now see that my comments caused offence where none was intended and i will shortly delete the offending post.
I am usually an upbeat person who tries to remain positive. The past 18 months have been difficult for us all and i am sure we have all lost loved ones during this dreadful pandemic. I had my own personàl battle last year during which i almost lost my life. I am grateful to still be here to fight another day. Our late fellow forum member Marv was not so fortunate. That is all i can say on the subject. Once again i offer a heartfelt and genuine apology.
As luck would have it i commence my holiday/vacation tomorrow and will be away from this forum for several weeks at the very least. I think my vacation has come at the right time as i spend time with family whom i have not seen in almost 2 years.
Therefore i will sign off and wish you all good health and happiness for the future. Take care of yourselves.

Nitro2015
07-29-2021, 07:55 AM
Diana Ross sounds amazing in these new tracks Thank You and Time To Call. It seems that she really heard us and fixed the problem of her previous I Love You album. The vocals and the production are so much better now.

after you
07-29-2021, 08:52 AM
It’s good to Apologize I have had my doubts about this individual also but just seems so very odd but I read anyway we must carry-on and always remember people are not who they seem to be I Myself I’ve been a huge Diana Ross fan since the beginning and loyalty is everything

marybrewster
07-29-2021, 09:10 AM
First of all it wasn't me who posted the original chambermaid comment. I merely responded to it in the light hearted way in which i assume the original poster intended it to be.
I never intentionally set out to upset anyone, and i therefore offer an unconditional apology to anyone whom i caused offence to. Looking back perhaps i should not have said what i did, but we live in desperately dark times and i was trying to inject some light hearted humour into the conversation. I can now see that my comments caused offence where none was intended and i will shortly delete the offending post.
I am usually an upbeat person who tries to remain positive. The past 18 months have been difficult for us all and i am sure we have all lost loved ones during this dreadful pandemic. I had my own personàl battle last year during which i almost lost my life. I am grateful to still be here to fight another day. Our late fellow forum member Marv was not so fortunate. That is all i can say on the subject. Once again i offer a heartfelt and genuine apology.
As luck would have it i commence my holiday/vacation tomorrow and will be away from this forum for several weeks at the very least. I think my vacation has come at the right time as i spend time with family whom i have not seen in almost 2 years.
Therefore i will sign off and wish you all good health and happiness for the future. Take care of yourselves.

Be well. Enjoy your time away. And please return. :)

RanRan79
07-29-2021, 10:21 AM
Not exactly what I want to hear from Diana at this point, but the message is beautiful, she sounds good and the production value is top notch. Nothing to complain about. Glad she's back!

after you
07-29-2021, 12:06 PM
It will be great to have the whole album to listen to at once it’s gonna be grand , ams also o. Here someone’s good intentions are always not so good beware of the wolves in sheep’s clothing it’s really quite sad

Albator
07-29-2021, 01:44 PM
Beautiful warm in Miss Ross voice, I love it very much

marybrewster
07-29-2021, 02:00 PM
I must be listening to this through a different set of ears than everyone else. "Thank You" I think is fantastic; this is gut rot. All I hear is Diana reaching for high notes that she sometimes hits and misses, in between a lot of auto tune. To each their own; some think this is gold, I think it's a gold turd.

PeaceNHarmony
07-29-2021, 02:15 PM
This song is quite lovely it has everything that I need to love it and yes it is on par with Thank you ��I agree, AfterYou, it is a beautiful record to have from Our Miss Ross, and reinforces your crowning of the lady as the Queen of Beautiful Music! Isn't it great to have new Diana Ross music again?!?

after you
07-29-2021, 03:02 PM
We offer Bluebrock prayers and peace and yes after 22 years of no new music is a gift wa all needed she has recorded multiple albums so will be just what the doctor ordered

Spreadinglove21
07-29-2021, 04:02 PM
Time to Call is alright. I can hear the vocal erosion due to decades of singing, but that's alright. There's some autotune on here to help her out. It's not ridiculously applied to where she sounds like a robot, but the autotune has been applied. I prefer "Thank you". But I'm looking forward to the next couple of songs to be dropped and ultimately the album itself.

Ollie9
07-29-2021, 04:30 PM
Time to Call is alright. I can hear the vocal erosion due to decades of singing, but that's alright. There's some autotune on here to help her out. It's not ridiculously applied to where she sounds like a robot, but the autotune has been applied. I prefer "Thank you". But I'm looking forward to the next couple of songs to be dropped and ultimately the album itself.

I find the slight rasp to her voice lends the song more feeling and expression. She sounds like she’s really living it and truly believes it’s message.
If what we have heard so far is anything to go by, this album is going to end up a Diana Ross classic. :)

brothadc
07-29-2021, 05:01 PM
I have been head over heels in love with Diana Ross ever since "Where Did Our Love Go". I totally agree with Spreadinglove21, and I'm so looking forward to adding this album to my collection, on CD of course!

Roberta75
07-29-2021, 05:31 PM

You have NOTHING to apologize for my dear friend. NOTHING. You are one of the greatest contributers to this here forum and one of the nicest and kindest and sweetest gentlemen I have ever met.

Have a wonderful vacation with your family and stay safe. Remember how loved you are.

Fondly,

Roberta

Roberta75
07-29-2021, 05:35 PM

This person you "wonder" about is one of lifes true gentlemen and one of the kindest and nicest and hes so decent and honorable. I will have nothing said against him.

after you
07-29-2021, 08:43 PM
One never knows it can could be all lies saying who they are try’s to pull the wool over our eyes let’s hope not

vgalindo
07-30-2021, 03:46 AM
Enjoy your vacation with your family. Take care my friend.

mowsville
07-30-2021, 05:05 AM
After you..you have been on this forum for 5 minutes and just because someone isnt worshipping Diana Ross 24/7 like yourself you start posting negative comments about them...well let me tell you Bluebrock IS a VERY valued contributor to this forum and I for one will not have YOU or anyone else come on here and start shit ...to be honest its your posts that I find the strangest on here...obsessed is an understatement....just because someone that actually knows Diana personally dosnt applaud EVERY single thing that she does actually upstes you..well let me tell you AFTERYOU...I am one of Diana's biggest fans and I actually think this new single is absolutely AWFUL..the worst thing she has ever recorded.

motownlover1964
07-30-2021, 06:09 AM
It's apparent to me that after a couple of years of "peace" on this forum there seems to be a slide back into negativity and sniping. It's tiresome.

florence
07-30-2021, 06:35 AM
I wondered at this being available - looks as if it's been removed.

rovereab
07-30-2021, 06:41 AM
I wondered at this being available - looks as if it's been removed.

Yes, it looks like it has been taken down. Perhaps we will have some other time limited teasers from the album to listen to. Great for building up the excitement leading up to the album’s release.

drlorne
07-30-2021, 11:39 AM
When her new album was posted on Amazon...I pre-ordered three different versions, the CD, a double vinyl with cassette, and an alternate vinyl. I've cancelled all but the CD. I got caught up in the hype of the day, and although I like the 2 songs so far I hope the whole album is not "messagey" and moves beyond these simple melodies.
I caught [[by accident) Wynona's new release, a version of Billy Eilish's "Everything I Wanted", on Youtube....and I'm haunted by it, it's so good, and it's pretty simple too.
I'm glad that Decca is pushing this album so positively and it is so much better than "I Love You".

Spreadinglove21
07-30-2021, 11:51 AM
Given Bluebrock's long working relationship with Diana Ross, I feel good about Diana Ross as it's a sign she likes to work with people who are willing to give their opinions even if it may not make her happy or not what she wants to hear. People who surround themselves with syncophants, brown nosers, mindless loyalists, worshippers and yes men/yes women will eventually find themselves in a heap of trouble because they wall themselves off from reality. So kudos to Miss Ross for working with people like Bluebrock rather than AfterYou.

lucky2012
07-30-2021, 12:36 PM
Given Bluebrock's long working relationship with Diana Ross, I feel good about Diana Ross as it's a sign she likes to work with people who are willing to give their opinions even if it may not make her happy or not what she wants to hear. People who surround themselves with syncophants, brown nosers, mindless loyalists, worshippers and yes men/yes women will eventually find themselves in a heap of trouble because they wall themselves off from reality. So kudos to Miss Ross for working with people like Bluebrock rather than AfterYou.

^ This!! I agree 100%.

after you
07-30-2021, 01:17 PM
Ya all Who is the one that posted about a chambermaid it certainly wasn’t me every chance he gets he puts a little snips about Diana Ross Something is not right we wish him all the love in the world and it is certainly not my fault those were not my words so what are you doing carry-on

Ollie9
07-30-2021, 02:09 PM
Ya all Who is the one that posted about a chambermaid it certainly wasn’t me every chance he gets he puts a little snips about Diana Ross Something is not right we wish him all the love in the world and it is certainly not my fault those were not my words so what are you doing carry-on

I normally ignore your posts as it’s hard to take seriously a bloke who thinks a comma is something you eat with curried chips.
Your campy, fake outrage is as transparent as you are. See if you can fill in the missing letters. T- - - L. Hard I know.

after you
07-30-2021, 02:48 PM
I normally ignore your posts as it’s hard to take seriously a bloke who thinks a comma is something you eat with curried chips.
Your campy, fake outrage is as transparent as you are. See if you can fill in the missing letters. T- - - L. Hard I know.
I guess you just described your self just have fun with out all the insults love and peace

Ollie9
07-30-2021, 03:44 PM
I guess you just described your self just have fun with out all the insults love and peace

You to sweetie. Hugs and kisses.

copley
07-31-2021, 03:24 PM
I'm glad that I saved it.

PeaceNHarmony
07-31-2021, 07:56 PM
I follow Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Judy Garland & some others on similar forums / FB groups and can attest without pause or doubt that no performer makes people go utterly insane with bitterness and recrimination like Diana Ross does. No fault to Diana. I love the lady and her contributions and always shall.

after you
07-31-2021, 10:57 PM
That was a very Vicious outburst I screenshot everything that is awful there is no need no need for such ———- I’m all for PeaceNHarmony and for what what was the reason tell us

Ollie9
08-01-2021, 08:54 AM
I follow Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Judy Garland & some others on similar forums / FB groups and can attest without pause or doubt that no performer makes people go utterly insane with bitterness and recrimination like Diana Ross does. No fault to Diana. I love the lady and her contributions and always shall.

Thats amazing. How on earth do you cope with those bitter fans who are not partial to “Over The Rainbow”. I’m sure that must be a very difficult thing to process.
I mean that sincerely.

TheMotownManiac
08-01-2021, 07:02 PM
It seems strange to me that someone who presents themself as close to Diana Ross would post anything negative about unfinished songs. Likewise finding the recent chamber maid comment amusing and saying so publicly on this forum is similarly

Blue Brock is a cherished member of this forum who has shared a great many insights and give us advance information that would not otherwise be public knowledge that has proven accurate - if you are questioning his work with diana ross, I am not. Furthermore, anyone who is working with diana ross or who has not worked with diana ross or who may never work with diana ross may still have an opinion on snippets that they hear I can’t understand questioning that regardless of what his relationship to her is. He didn’t say the songs weren’t good he said what he heard wasn’t impressive. How difficult is that to understand?

this chambermaid issue is such a stretch. First of all, chambermaids can come in all colors. There is absolutely no connection to the word chambermaid and any particular category of human except female. If you Google the word, and look at the images, I think you are fine 99.99% of the images to be Caucasian. Chambermaids are generally referred to as women who worked in England or Western Europe, I section of the world with a much much much much much smaller percentage of those of African dissent then save the United States. Anyone looking to find any kind of insult, a racist comment or anything of the like it’s really stretching it with this particular word. There are lots of African-Americans who do domestic work just like there are lots of Caucasians and Samoans and Hispanics, Mole People and Aussies. It Is NOTHING to be ashamed of or to look down upon. These fine people provide a needed service that most people on this forum and in the rest of the world have enjoyed many many many many times and I doubt that among those many times anyone ever thought what the skin color of the person was who washed the dish, the floor or the walls.

better pick your battles - there are a lot of scary adversaries out there organizing horrid things - frightening things - they are getting my attention. Blue? Hardly.

khansperac
08-01-2021, 07:41 PM
^^^ I’m gonna be real. That long explanation of why it is not offensive to call a black woman a maid, is just as offensive as the original “joke”. Let’s leave the negativity behind and just focus on the music.

TheMotownManiac
08-01-2021, 10:27 PM
^^^ I’m gonna be real. That long explanation of why it is not offensive to call a black woman a maid, is just as offensive as the original “joke”. Let’s leave the negativity behind and just focus on the music.

FYI I didn’t start this topic

im certain the maids of America, especially those of color, will be lifted by your assertion there is shame or “something wrong” with the way they feed their families.

you might enjoy this article on The possibility of limiting voting in this country to those who have children only
https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/24/senate-candidate-blasts-childless-left-who-have-no-physical-commitment-to-the-future-of-this-country/

or this harmless nugget:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/texas-senate-passes-bill-removes-requirement-teach-ku-klux-klan-n1274610

after gerrymandering the southern black vote to a pittance of its numerical power, southern states are now:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/05/01/mississippi-constitution-voting-rights-jim-crow/

it’s not me that needs a doctor, Blanche

Ollie9
08-02-2021, 05:03 AM
Blue Brock is a cherished member of this forum who has shared a great many insights and give us advance information that would not otherwise be public knowledge that has proven accurate - if you are questioning his work with diana ross, I am not. Furthermore, anyone who is working with diana ross or who has not worked with diana ross or who may never work with diana ross may still have an opinion on snippets that they hear I can’t understand questioning that regardless of what his relationship to her is. He didn’t say the songs weren’t good he said what he heard wasn’t impressive. How difficult is that to understand?

this chambermaid issue is such a stretch. First of all, chambermaids can come in all colors. There is absolutely no connection to the word chambermaid and any particular category of human except female. If you Google the word, and look at the images, I think you are fine 99.99% of the images to be Caucasian. Chambermaids are generally referred to as women who worked in England or Western Europe, I section of the world with a much much much much much smaller percentage of those of African dissent then save the United States. Anyone looking to find any kind of insult, a racist comment or anything of the like it’s really stretching it with this particular word. There are lots of African-Americans who do domestic work just like there are lots of Caucasians and Samoans and Hispanics, Mole People and Aussies. It Is NOTHING to be ashamed of or to look down upon. These fine people provide a needed service that most people on this forum and in the rest of the world have enjoyed many many many many times and I doubt that among those many times anyone ever thought what the skin color of the person was who washed the dish, the floor or the walls.

better pick your battles - there are a lot of scary adversaries out there organizing horrid things - frightening things - they are getting my attention. Blue? Hardly.

This post was a delight to read owing to its rationality and plain common sense. As you mention, Bluebrock is a long serving, much respected member of this forum who has provided us with many a Ross insight we would otherwise never have known. I enjoyed his candid and revealing posts where he mercifully avoided a Stepford Wives mentality with Diana Ross as the perfect goddess beyond reproach.
Freedom of speech is paramount to the success of any forum where opinion is shared. Don’t stay away to long Mr B.

Spreadinglove21
08-02-2021, 01:29 PM
This post was a delight to read owing to its rationality and plain common sense. As you mention, Bluebrock is a long serving, much respected member of this forum who has provided us with many a Ross insight we would otherwise never have known. I enjoyed his candid and revealing posts where he mercifully avoided a Stepford Wives mentality with Diana Ross as the perfect goddess beyond reproach.
Freedom of speech is paramount to the success of any forum where opinion is shared. Don’t stay away to long Mr B.

I wonder if a safespace thread should be started by one of us here for those sensitive Diana Ross fans to go to whenever they get upset when someone might say something critical [[however mild or fair, harsh or unfair) about Diana Ross and they can console themselves by reassuring each other that Diana Ross is perfect and that the critical forum members are haters who will get their punishment of eternal damnation from the Lord on judgement day?

And what about trigger warnings? Should anyone who offers a critical comment about Diana Ross that would indicate that they don't think she's perfect be required to offer a trigger warning and a link to the safespace thread so the sensitive Diana Ross fans can click on it immediately and go there rather than be exposed to the emotional trauma and violence of having to read something critical about Diana Ross?

thanxal
08-03-2021, 06:39 PM
I have to disagree. While some of these statements may have raised an eyebrow or two:
1. No one has launched into histrionics, as frequently happened in the past
2. The level of animosity is no where near as bad as it used to be here, and
3. People have a right to express their displeasure at a slight used on a public forum. I don't see any "Rossers" having a fit.

Step back, relax, and enjoy the music.

jobeterob
08-03-2021, 11:58 PM
I’ve liked Diana since SITNOL although Mary was my favourite Supreme until she started the attention getting sensationalism. I even like I Love You quite a bit but there may have been some cost cutting measures taken. But Diana is just human and even she has talked about when she got big headed. So worshipping her or anyone is a little bit shallow and silly. So criticism is not blasphemy - it’s rational.

Ollie9
08-04-2021, 04:18 AM
I’ve liked Diana since SITNOL although Mary was my favourite Supreme until she started the attention getting sensationalism. I even like I Love You quite a bit but there may have been some cost cutting measures taken. But Diana is just human and even she has talked about when she got big headed. So worshipping her or anyone is a little bit shallow and silly. So criticism is not blasphemy - it’s rational.

To the rational mind it is indeed. :)

Guy
08-04-2021, 01:38 PM

Hear! Hear! Not that Bluebrock requires any additional character references but anyone who has been a member of SD for more than a minute is aware that he is an inexhaustible fount of history and knowledge regarding Miss Ross which he shares often and freely -- and with far too much discretion for my tastes. His affection for her as a person and an artist is unimpeachable. I didn't see the offending comment, and don't care to, but whatever negative inference was derived [or contrived] is likely unfounded.

Moreover, Bluebrock was once slapped in the face by Dame Shirley Bassey -- a divine anointing if ever there was one.

Please show some respect for the members who consistently make this forum a worthwhile destination.

RanRan79
08-05-2021, 09:39 PM
I think they played this song during the broadcast of GMA3 yesterday or the day before.

TheMotownManiac
08-06-2021, 05:34 AM
I wonder if a safespace thread should be started by one of us here for those sensitive Diana Ross fans to go to whenever they get upset when someone might say something critical [[however mild or fair, harsh or unfair) about Diana Ross and they can console themselves by reassuring each other that Diana Ross is perfect and that the critical forum members are haters who will get their punishment of eternal damnation from the Lord on judgement day?

And what about trigger warnings? Should anyone who offers a critical comment about Diana Ross that would indicate that they don't think she's perfect be required to offer a trigger warning and a link to the safespace thread so the sensitive Diana Ross fans can click on it immediately and go there rather than be exposed to the emotional trauma and violence of having to read something critical about Diana Ross?

I think better would be a safe space for those sensitive to diana ross fans and read their own jaundiced view of her fans to be some sort of factual commentary. This discussion had nothing to do with being critical of Her Highness. criticism such as you suggest often occurs daily with no issues at all. This particular issue was not about criticism per se’, but racism, and some of us who abhor racism were unhappy with the comment. I disagreed with that view, I don’t believe there was racist intent or content, but I understood where it was coming from. They were not just taking exception to the fact that someone dared to criticize Miss Ross.

Your comments on the track were somewhat critical and I didn’t notice an insurrection. We’ve had situations in the past where sensitive Mary fans created havoc and sensitive Ross fans joined in and vice versa. today, we enjoy peace and relative tranquility. your sardonically pious safe space comment is, in itself, not exactly spreading……….“love.”

JLoveLamar
08-06-2021, 06:02 AM
Moreover, Bluebrock was once slapped in the face by Dame Shirley Bassey -- a divine anointing if ever there was one.

That dope you're smoking.....please stop hoarding it. Must be exclusive to the lost city of Atlantis!

Ollie9
08-06-2021, 07:26 AM
I think better would be a safe space for those sensitive to diana ross fans and read their own jaundiced view of her fans to be some sort of factual commentary. This discussion had nothing to do with being critical of Her Highness. criticism such as you suggest often occurs daily with no issues at all. This particular issue was not about criticism per se’, but racism, and some of us who abhor racism were unhappy with the comment. I disagreed with that view, I don’t believe there was racist intent or content, but I understood where it was coming from. They were not just taking exception to the fact that someone dared to criticize Miss Ross.

Your comments on the track were somewhat critical and I didn’t notice an insurrection. We’ve had situations in the past where sensitive Mary fans created havoc and sensitive Ross fans joined in and vice versa. today, we enjoy peace and relative tranquility. your sardonically pious safe space comment is, in itself, not exactly spreading……….“love.”

It was as much about how a poster reacted in regards to the ‘chambermaid’ comment, which as you mention was unlikely to be meant as a racial slur. A poster had accused Bluebrock of always taking potshots at Diana which is simply not true. There was also a thinly disguised comment that he was a wolf in sheep’s clothing. A secret Ross hater. It was certainly enough for him to want to take a break from the forum.
On another thread, the same poster had also resorted to name calling when fans simply disagreed with him.
I think Spreadinglove21 comments were meant as lighthearted, though some of his suggestions were to me fairly on point.

TheMotownManiac
08-06-2021, 09:44 AM
That’s an accurate read on the thread, but the number of testy incidents has plummeted as of late and, I don’t see the use of furthering the discord with comments like his. There was a lot of relish in that post, perhaps too much. :)

Levi Stubbs Tears
08-07-2021, 11:20 PM

Please don't disappear from this forum because of some trolling post attacking your opinions and attempting to besmirch your character.

You are one of the most honest and informative posters on this site and one of the reasons I visit the site so regularly.

We could do with more members like you and less of the sycophantic posters who won't have anything negative or humorous said, when clearly those things deserve to be said to maintain objectivity.

I hope we see you back after your deserved holiday.

Albator
11-30-2021, 06:45 AM
please, return :o

PeaceNHarmony
11-30-2021, 06:56 AM
TTC is a lovely album track; not a standout for me but a nice sentiment.

Ollie9
11-30-2021, 08:03 AM
Talk of the devil. :eek:

PeaceNHarmony
12-06-2021, 10:24 AM
I've really grown to love 'Time To Call'; the high notes won me over, along with the lovely sentiment.

florence
12-07-2021, 06:32 AM
My favourite track on the album even if I would like the chorus to be a bit more dramatic.

The way the charts are compiled now this would have little chance of charting if released as a single but in the good old days this could have been a big hit in the UK.