PDA

View Full Version : Derek Chauvin Sentenced to 22+ Years

test

PeaceNHarmony
06-25-2021, 08:18 PM
Am I 'happy'? No. But. A step forward, I think.

Jerry Oz
06-25-2021, 10:14 PM
I'm glad for the sentence, but mainly because I didn't want this devil to get away. But there can't be true justice for a stolen life. Especially when this example of accountability is rare. The Minneapolis PD allowed Chauvin to maintain his job for nearly two decades, in spite of almost 20 civilian complaints, including at least one shooting and another use of force incident when he choked a teenager and then **surprise** restrained him by putting his knee on the kid's back.

We still have a very long way to go.

9A
06-25-2021, 10:18 PM
And it took way too long and much outrage for this to even come to trial. It sure got alot of attention, but no satisfaction.

daviddesper
06-26-2021, 12:00 AM
Anyone wanna bet on how cushy his cell will be and how carefully he will be protected?

robb_k
06-27-2021, 11:47 PM
To assure a higher level of accountability for his taking of a Human life, and make it a better deterrent for police to think twice before murdering more people, the Judges ruling on Chauvin's 2 Federal cases should make their sentences the maximum for those counts, and make the 3 sentences consecutive. Then, after his minimum 15 years before possible parole, he'll have to stay in prison a minimum of another 20+ years.