PDA

View Full Version : Tina Turner, "Goodbye, So Long"

test

reese
06-09-2021, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAb0Rn70e2o

PeaceNHarmony
06-09-2021, 07:39 PM
Great song and performance, revived a few times during the Revue career. Great find, Reese! I've not seen this clip before. Interesting that Tina was billed [and performed as] 'Tina Turner', though you can hear Ike on the track! My girl - what a history Tina has lived.

reese
06-09-2021, 08:40 PM
Great song and performance, revived a few times during the Revue career. Great find, Reese! I've not seen this clip before. Interesting that Tina was billed [and performed as] 'Tina Turner', though you can hear Ike on the track! My girl - what a history Tina has lived.

I guess there was a period where Ike didn't feel the need to appear on tv with Tina. Aside from this show [HOLLYWOOD A GO GO], Tina also appeared solo on SHINDIG! and AMERICAN BANDSTAND.

Motown Eddie
06-10-2021, 05:08 AM
Great clip! Even without Ike Turner & The Ikettes, Tina could always deliver a Terrific Performance. Thanks for sharing Reese!

PeaceNHarmony
06-11-2021, 08:08 PM
I guess there was a period where Ike didn't feel the need to appear on tv with Tina. Aside from this show [HOLLYWOOD A GO GO], Tina also appeared solo on SHINDIG! and AMERICAN BANDSTAND.I do now recall that there where times when Ike toured with a faux Tina. Perhaps gigs were already booked when TV appearances came up. AnywhoknowswtfIkewasthinking, I just LOVE how happy Tina looks in this appearance.