PDA

View Full Version : Ken sands rip

test

ralpht
05-27-2021, 11:49 AM
I heard from Ed Wolfrum that Ken had passed. I knew Ken for 50 years. An exceptionally nice guy and a talented sound engineer. Even though he was not employed by me he lent a hand in installing the new console in Tera Shirma Studio B. Rest in peace, Ken.

theboyfromxtown
05-27-2021, 12:20 PM
RIP Ken Sands. Thank you for your contribution to the music that we still treasure.

Wescomo
05-27-2021, 07:51 PM
Wow! I'm shocked! I last saw Ken a few years ago in Detroit. We had lunch. He played a CD by Lamont Dozier singing covers of The Supremes' songs. Ken produced my 1st professional recording, "I Really Love You [[Believe In Me)" by The Buzztones. He also produced my recording, "Think I'm Gonna Be Blue." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRSb3GXmvw0 Ken was a good friend and mentor. May he rest in peace.

pc_1
05-27-2021, 08:09 PM
I heard from Ed Wolfrum that Ken had passed. I knew Ken for 50 years. An exceptionally nice guy and a talented sound engineer. Even though he was not employed by me he lent a hand in installing the new console in Tera Shirma Studio B. Rest in peace, Ken.

I heard from Ed, as well ...
Such a nice guy! Heart breaking ...already miss that big smile!!

MIKEW-UK
05-28-2021, 09:18 AM
Started to watch the movie/music documentary '1971' on Apple TV ..........the first words spoken are by Ken Sands, talking about how he worked with Marvin Gaye on the multi tracking vocals for the "What's Going On " album.....

PeaceNHarmony
05-28-2021, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the notice, Ralph. These passings must be difficult for you to bear. We are SO appreciative to the part you and your friends/associates/co-workers played in the creation of the music we love. Be well.

ralpht
05-28-2021, 09:20 PM
Thank you, Peace. We seem to be losing notables at an accelerating rate. It makes me think of the past when we were all young and involved in a crazy business. I never even imagined what was to come at that time.