05-22-2021, 07:38 PM
Another great jazz interpretation of this classic Stylistics jam -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UduL3cfNzV8

ratjr
05-23-2021, 12:44 PM
Nice rendition of my song Bob.

splanky
05-23-2021, 01:17 PM
Russell, your song has been covered like over 300 times since 1973. It's been a jazz
standard for over 30 years now...

PeaceNHarmony
05-23-2021, 06:47 PM
Yes, PMTWGR is indeed a jazz standard. Each and every version is a thrill to hear, but of course none, and I mean NONE, quite matches the righteousness of the original version on that first Stylistics lp which, these 100+ years later remains not only one of the best first lps ever but just a great, and perfect, LP. Those Russell Tompkins Jr. vocals, right? Inimitable, and launched those songs into the stratosphere. I still retain ownership of my original LP. A perfect combo of great memories and superb music.

lockhartgary
05-23-2021, 10:15 PM
Yes, PMTWGR is indeed a jazz standard. Each and every version is a thrill to hear, but of course none, and I mean NONE, quite matches the righteousness of the original version on that first Stylistics lp which, these 100+ years later remains not only one of the best first lps ever but just a great, and perfect, LP. Those Russell Tompkins Jr. vocals, right? Inimitable, and launched those songs into the stratosphere. I still retain ownership of my original LP. A perfect combo of great memories and superb music.

Agreed! This is one of those albums where you can play both sides and be happy with the whole album.