PDA

View Full Version : Tha funk capital of the world!

test

timmyfunk
04-30-2011, 07:00 AM
I'm going to spend most of this weekend wrapping my head around the new Bootsy Collins album. So far I'm liking what I'm hearing. Bootsy actually ventures in Latin territory on one track. This might be the most celebrated release by an old school artist this year. Bootzilla lives!!!!

roger
04-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm going to spend most of this weekend wrapping my head around the new Bootsy Collins album. So far I'm liking what I'm hearing. Bootsy actually ventures in Latin territory on one track. This might be the most celebrated release by an old school artist this year. Bootzilla lives!!!!

Sounds like a good-un Timmyfunk ..

This track has been getting some airplay in London .. "Dont Take My Funk Away" which features the vocals of BOBBY WOMACK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt5m-oZdHt4&feature=related

Roger

daddyacey
04-30-2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on the Bootsy CD. Looking forward to your full review.

My Lady just surprised me today with Jesse Johnsons new double CD set. I have not listend to it yet ,but I hear it is interesting.
See..JesseJohnson.com ,for info.

timmyfunk
05-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Since I got acquainted with this record while driving, I can stand by damn near all of the album. I do get the impression that the Garry Shider Tribute was a track that Garry happened to be on, but after his death, turned into a tribute. I've played this album all the way through about four times. Haven't got tired of it yet.