PDA

View Full Version : Kalamazoo Lively Arts- The Velvelettes

test

luckyluckyme
04-20-2021, 11:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaLof-COd-Q

reese
04-20-2021, 12:10 PM
This was really nice. Thanks for sharing it.

Roger Polhill
04-20-2021, 05:42 PM
Very nice lucky thank you. I wonder who that lad was who travelled a long way with his single.

theboyfromxtown
04-21-2021, 01:52 PM
Very nice lucky thank you. I wonder who that lad was who travelled a long way with his single.

It was a young lad - a teenager. I have a photo of him with Bertha and Cal. I think he travelled to Peterborough..it was on their mini tour of 4 engagements in the UK

Roger Polhill
04-21-2021, 10:33 PM
I just thought that it might have been you boyfromxtown!

theboyfromxtown
04-24-2021, 03:42 PM
I just thought that it might have been you boyfromxtown!

LOL......no it wasn't! He came with his mum or maybe it was his grandmother! LOL

Roger Polhill
04-24-2021, 05:43 PM
Oh to have been in the UK. in those days - you were really spoilt. In New Zealand the first Temptations LP was :In A Mellow Mood" , Four Tops "Reach Out" , Marvin Gaye "In The Groove", Marvelettes "In Full Bloom", Stevie Wonder "I Was Made To Love Her", Jr. Walker "A Gas" and Miracles "Greatest Hits" I had to buy postal notes at 5 shillings a time and purchase them from Papworths in Nottingham to be sent by sea!

theboyfromxtown
04-26-2021, 05:00 PM
Oh to have been in the UK. in those days - you were really spoilt. In New Zealand the first Temptations LP was :In A Mellow Mood" , Four Tops "Reach Out" , Marvin Gaye "In The Groove", Marvelettes "In Full Bloom", Stevie Wonder "I Was Made To Love Her", Jr. Walker "A Gas" and Miracles "Greatest Hits" I had to buy postal notes at 5 shillings a time and purchase them from Papworths in Nottingham to be sent by sea!

How did you get to hear these songs if they weren't on sale.

Roger Polhill
04-26-2021, 05:22 PM
I was hooked on soul music in the mid 60`s. The big hits did get a bit of radio play and I was able to find singles in sale bins. I had managed to score the odd import from friends in bands who were given them as a source of material. After that I bought everything that was available here. I used to purchase Disc and NME. which had ads like Papworths. I ordered from the inner sleeves of TM. imports which I didn`t need to hear as I was hooked!