PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Box Set Question

test

sansradio
04-13-2021, 06:04 PM
I fooled around and waited too long to buy this physical set and downloaded it, so I missed out on the "An Evening with The Supremes" bonus live compilation disc. Looking at the tracklist on Wiki, however, it appears that most of these tracks may have found homes on later EEs. Am I correct in assuming that only the '64 20 Grand "Where Did Our Love Go" and the Roostertail '67 "You Keep Me Hangin' On" and "Reflections" are the only ones which haven't resurfaced? Are the others alternate takes that aren't found anywhere else?

floyjoy678
04-13-2021, 06:12 PM
I fooled around and waited too long to buy this physical set and downloaded it, so I missed out on the "An Evening with The Supremes" bonus live compilation disc. Looking at the tracklist on Wiki, however, it appears that most of these tracks may have found homes on later EEs. Am I correct in assuming that only the '64 20 Grand "Where Did Our Love Go" and the Roostertail '67 "You Keep Me Hangin' On" and "Reflections" are the only ones which haven't resurfaced? Are the others alternate takes that aren't found anywhere else?

I believe "Where Did Our Love Go" from the 20 Grand was on the WDOLG expanded edition unless it's a different take. There were a few shows recorded from the 20 Grand and I had an alternate show bootleg that in my opinion is superior than the one that was released on the expanded edition.

I wish I better handled that box set. I only have the CDs. I lost the bonus disc years ago and the actual box and booklet I left at my ex's and he's probably burned it in a fire pit by now. Is the boxset with the bonus disc still floating around for sale? If it is, I may invest in it again.

nomis
04-13-2021, 06:18 PM
I believe "Where Did Our Love Go" from the 20 Grand was on the WDOLG expanded edition unless it's a different take. There were a few shows recorded from the 20 Grand and I had an alternate show bootleg that in my opinion is superior than the one that was released on the expanded edition.

I wish I better handled that box set. I only have the CDs. I lost the bonus disc years ago and the actual box and booklet I left at my ex's and he's probably burned it in a fire pit by now. Is the boxset with the bonus disc still floating around for sale? If it is, I may invest in it again.

Floy - I see the box set now and again on Ebay - glad your away from your ex !!
I used to play the live "Where" from this release in my dj sets - it went down a treat a fantastic rendition

sup_fan
04-13-2021, 06:58 PM
while the songs might be from the same show, I believe in most cases Andy and team tried to use "second show" versions. For instance You Can't Hurry Love is ever so slightly different, in terms of some minor ad libs the girls do here and there. nothing surprising but still fun to have another version.

PeaceNHarmony
04-13-2021, 08:17 PM

I wish I better handled that box set. I only have the CDs. I lost the bonus disc years ago and the actual box and booklet I left at my ex's and he's probably burned it in a fire pit by now. Is the boxset with the bonus disc still floating around for sale? If it is, I may invest in it again.Burned in a fire pit?? Was / is this ex a serial killer? :o

floyjoy678
04-13-2021, 09:43 PM
Burned in a fire pit?? Was / is this ex a serial killer? :o

I mean I made it out alive so if he was, he wasn't very good at it 😆

But a lot of my belongings that were left there I am told were destroyed after I left 😭

sansradio
04-13-2021, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the responses. Keith/George?

mwmr
04-14-2021, 01:35 PM

11 copies on discogs

nomis
04-14-2021, 07:52 PM
for the pre release of the box set there was an enlarged photo from the box sets cover in Billboard magazine...Mary's false eyelash is half coming off..fun fact of the day !