PDA

View Full Version : The spinners live 1975 : Then came you & ghetto child

test

glencro
04-08-2021, 06:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6CY6Fv8B-U

splanky
04-11-2021, 11:49 AM
There's a nice amount of footage of The Spinners in performance with Phillipe Wynne
still in the group before his departure and later turn up in P-funk. I didn't know that Joni
Sledge had joined them for live singing of their hit with Dionne Warwick. That is if that is
Joni as folks on the site are saying. I've never really been a follower of Sister Sledge so
I have trouble telling them apart...

reese
04-11-2021, 03:50 PM
There's a nice amount of footage of The Spinners in performance with Phillipe Wynne
still in the group before his departure and later turn up in P-funk. I didn't know that Joni
Sledge had joined them for live singing of their hit with Dionne Warwick. That is if that is
Joni as folks on the site are saying. I've never really been a follower of Sister Sledge so

Looks like Joni to me. There's a clip of her singing it with the guys on THE MIDNIGHT SPECIAL as well.

glencro
04-11-2021, 04:15 PM

Several years before "We Are Family" hit the Sledges shared management with The Spinners. They often toured as their opening act so I guess it made sense for one of them to be featured on that song during the show.

splanky
04-12-2021, 11:20 AM
I forgot to thank you guys, reese and glencro, for the confirmations...