PDA

View Full Version : Totally forgotten hits

test

Circa 1824
03-27-2021, 09:23 AM
I love to re-find forgotten music from my youth.

I just re-found “Shame Shame” by the Magic Laterns. I don’t think it is ever played on the oldies channels.

Can you think of other forgotten hits?

daviddesper
03-27-2021, 09:55 AM
Good grief!!! How long have you got????????????

Seriously I would not even know where to start so I will let others run with it if they want to.

arr&bee
03-27-2021, 11:16 AM
Wow,this is gonna be great, let's see-baby that's enough[roscoe robinson-1966]this soul classic is never played these days by these so-called[oldies stations] i'll always love you[the spinners]-candy[the astors]-i'll never do you wrong[joe tex]-do you wanna dance[bobby freeman]-she blew a good thing[the poets]-hey girl don't bother me[the tams]-if i didn't love you[chuck jackson]-thank you john[willie tee]-you can run[jerry butler]-get my hands on some lovin[the artistics]-welcome home[walter jackson]-along came jones[the coasters]-a rockin good way[brook and dinah]-you talk too much[joe jones]-farewell[the ethics]-music for my mother[funkadelic]-ta ta[clyde mcphatter]-please baby please[the sensations]-it'll never be over for me[baby washington]-eloise hang on in there[william bell]-you're the one[the marvelettes]-i'm so thankful[the ikettes].

144man
03-27-2021, 02:38 PM
Wow,this is gonna be great, let's see-baby that's enough[roscoe robinson-1966]this soul classic is never played these days by these so-called[oldies stations] i'll always love you[the spinners]-candy[the astors]-i'll never do you wrong[joe tex]-do you wanna dance[bobby freeman]-she blew a good thing[the poets]-hey girl don't bother me[the tams]-if i didn't love you[chuck jackson]-thank you john[willie tee]-you can run[jerry butler]-get my hands on some lovin[the artistics]-welcome home[walter jackson]-along came jones[the coasters]-a rockin good way[brook and dinah]-you talk too much[joe jones]-farewell[the ethics]-music for my mother[funkadelic]-ta ta[clyde mcphatter]-please baby please[the sensations]-it'll never be over for me[baby washington]-eloise hang on in there[william bell]-you're the one[the marvelettes]-i'm so thankful[the ikettes].

Well, I remember most of them.

arr&bee
03-28-2021, 01:53 PM
144,where's your list?? Don't be shy..this is fun...crazy little mama[the el dorados]something i wanna tell you[johnny and the expressions]hey there lonely boy[ruby and the romantics]the clock[baby washington]daytripper[the vontastics]sleepwalk[santo an johnny]you've got your troubles[nancy wilson]it won't hurt[the o'jays]peanuts[the thrillers].

Circa 1824
04-04-2021, 02:32 PM
144,where's your list?? Don't be shy..this is fun...crazy little mama[the el dorados]something i wanna tell you[johnny and the expressions]hey there lonely boy[ruby and the romantics]the clock[baby washington]daytripper[the vontastics]sleepwalk[santo an johnny]you've got your troubles[nancy wilson]it won't hurt[the o'jays]peanuts[the thrillers].

Sleepwalk by Santo and Johnny is certainly great and very rarely heard.

also, Wives and Lovers and The Race is On, both by Jack Jones.

Jerry Oz
04-04-2021, 09:17 PM
I watched Godzilla vs Kong earlier this week and it opened with Bobby Vinton's version of Over The Mountain, Across The Sea which was a distant second to the original by Johnny and Joe. I've been playing this version for the past several days on my computer and in my head:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izAiboVi3bc

9A
04-06-2021, 10:00 PM
Chuck Berry singing "It Wasn't Me [Baby]" for an Amazon Prime grocery delivery.
Hard to get it out of my head. Wish it would keep going. When can you say
that about a TV commercial?

Of course, nothing by Chuck Berry can be "totally forgotten."

9A
04-07-2021, 08:00 AM
I love to re-find forgotten music from my youth.

I just re-found “Shame Shame” by the Magic Laterns. I don’t think it is ever played on the oldies channels.

Can you think of other forgotten hits?

Take a look at the thread "Word Association" sometime. It is probably near the top of Clubhouse here? You would love it.

arr&bee
04-07-2021, 05:54 PM
Truly yours[the spinners]

arr&bee
04-07-2021, 06:08 PM
Funny[walter jackson]...slow down heart[temptations]...i like your lovin[chi-lites]... I'm alright[lil anthony an the imperials]...memphis tennessee[chuck berry].

144man
04-17-2021, 04:06 PM
This is hard for me as I don't know what were hits over there.
How about
Oo Wee Baby I Love You - Fred Hughes
Mama Didn't Lie - Jan Bradley
The Sweetest Thing This Side of Heaven = Chris Bartley
Hallelujah - The Invitations
Jerk And Twine - Jackie Ross
Gone for Good - O.V. Wright

arr&bee
04-18-2021, 11:57 AM
Now you're talkin 144man,[gone for good] [the sweetest thing this side of heaven] are killers,keep em comin!!

splanky
04-19-2021, 01:22 PM
This is gonna sound weird but I didn't hear Chris Bartley's The Sweetest Thing til years after I'd been enjoying the version by The Presidents. If I'm remembering right it was a
b-side of 5 10 15 20 [[25 years of love). The Temptations apparently liked it too as Otis
referrenced the lyrics on their Live At London's Talk Of The Town...

arr&bee
05-29-2021, 06:18 PM
Hey splanky,do you remember the little known[alone with no love-the contemplations-1969]? Didn't sell a hundred copies when releaesed but today is much sought after[a copy goes for 500.00]if you can find one.

splanky
05-30-2021, 09:19 AM
Hey splanky,do you remember the little known[alone with no love-the contemplations-1969]? Didn't sell a hundred copies when releaesed but today is much sought after[a copy goes for 500.00]if you can find one.

Never heard of it until you brought it up. Had to check it out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgWheivm3-E

arr&bee
05-30-2021, 07:31 PM
Hey splanky,i got another groove for ya,this one is a b-side though[forever-major lance..a-side-without a doubt]if you can get a listen you'll dig this one from the major.

splanky
05-31-2021, 09:43 AM
Forever looks like it's a tune Major himself co wrote with a E. Record. I wonder if that's
Eugene Record of the Chilites. It is a nice groove....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12OdiueRddA

arr&bee
06-03-2021, 06:15 PM
More than likely it is him, eugene was a great songwriter who also wrote for others.