PDA

View Full Version : "Once in the Morning" Diana Ross The Remix

test

TNSUN
03-23-2021, 03:46 AM
The Remix by Kike Summer of Diana Ross'
"Once in the Morning" is awesome! Go ahead and treat yourself to an enjoyable remix. I wish Motown had promoted this song with gusto!

motown_marc
03-23-2021, 04:09 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkM-mqGGxKs

Bluebrock
03-23-2021, 09:56 AM
The Remix by Kike Summer of Diana Ross'
"Once in the Morning" is awesome! Go ahead and treat yourself to an enjoyable remix. I wish Motown had promoted this song with gusto!

I agree this is wonderful.
It would be an excellent asset to an expanded version of The Boss which is way overdue. The 90's expanded version nowhere near did this classic album justice.

sup_fan
03-23-2021, 11:46 AM
I agree this is wonderful.
It would be an excellent asset to an expanded version of The Boss which is way overdue. The 90's expanded version nowhere near did this classic album justice.

i would LOVE to know if there are alt version of The Boss tracks, like there were alt vocals on the Baby It's Me tracks.

seems that four of the dance tracks had "official" extended versions [[even if not all released at the time). The Boss, No One, My House, Licked. and then the combo Boss/No One. Once is the only one [[so far) that we don't have an extended mix from the 70s.

i would guess that the 3 ballads from the album don't have extended mixes. they might have 45 mixes, if they were on the flip side of a single. none of the 12" versions of the dance tracks had a ballad on the flip.

nomis
03-23-2021, 06:07 PM
i was once was partying late into the morning at a nightclub and the dj played a house track sampling "Im In The World"..have never been able to find what the track was called.. I remember having had a bit to drink and trying to explain to my non-plussed friends how wonderful/exciting it was to hear this stunning ballad in a track...my Ross affection is well known in my circle !..it might have been insignificant for me them but i got a huge kick out of hearing whatever the track was !

daviddh
03-23-2021, 06:36 PM
Love it.love the album

nomis
03-23-2021, 06:42 PM
"Once In The Morning" must be one of the most sultry/seductive performances Ross Has ever given - I can easily imagine Donna Summer singing it - Diana's vocal reminds me of Summer's brilliant "Try Me I Know We Can Make it"

Jaap
03-25-2021, 03:30 AM
i was once was partying late into the morning at a nightclub and the dj played a house track sampling "Im In The World"..have never been able to find what the track was called.. I remember having had a bit to drink and trying to explain to my non-plussed friends how wonderful/exciting it was to hear this stunning ballad in a track...my Ross affection is well known in my circle !..it might have been insignificant for me them but i got a huge kick out of hearing whatever the track was !

This might have been it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsOOduxyDMc&t=8s

nomis
03-25-2021, 04:56 PM
This might have been it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsOOduxyDMc&t=8s

Many thanks Jaap