PDA

View Full Version : Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic - Leave the Door Open

test

PeaceNHarmony
03-10-2021, 07:02 PM
Doesn't get much better than this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adLGHcj_fmA

Atasteofhoney
03-11-2021, 06:28 PM
Love this song so much. On repeat. Every day.

PeaceNHarmony
03-12-2021, 06:51 AM
Love this song so much. On repeat. Every day.Gets better each play! I'll explore the entire lp tonight.

moe
03-14-2021, 11:33 AM
LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Leave it to Bruno & al to give us something that reminds us of the REAL WAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!! And throw in Bootsy!!!

Is the entire LP out yet? I didn't know.

PeaceNHarmony
03-14-2021, 08:15 PM
LOVE THIS!!!!!!!! Leave it to Bruno & al to give us something that reminds us of the REAL WAY IT'S DONE!!!!!!!!! And throw in Bootsy!!!

Is the entire LP out yet? I didn't know.I don't know either, Moe, but I certainly hope so. This track is a killer!

soulster
03-14-2021, 10:25 PM
I listened to this the other day. Sounds like it's right out of 1973! I'm sure it will be responsible for a few babies.

I will definitely buy the new album when it comes out.

Ms Flo
03-15-2021, 05:33 AM
They absolutely killed this on the Grammys. Definitely a nod to the old school r&b groups.

PeaceNHarmony
03-15-2021, 05:54 AM

Is the entire LP out yet? I didn't know.ps: Spotify has a playlist based on the single; I mistakenly thought it was an album. Soooo - fingers crossed!!

moe
03-15-2021, 07:55 AM
PeaceNHarmony,

I just saw an interview with Bruno & Anderson Paak. They both mentioned an album, but did not give a date for release. Look on YouTube for the interview.

I agree; they really did kill it on the Grammys last night. Can you imagine when [[that album is released) them on the Grammys next year? Can you say a possible runaway Grammy hit? With so much musical trash out there everyone I know who has heard the new song LOVES IT!!!!

nativeNY63
03-15-2021, 08:15 AM
PeaceNHarmony,

I just saw an interview with Bruno & Anderson Paak. They both mentioned an album, but did not give a date for release. Look on YouTube for the interview.

I agree; they really did kill it on the Grammys last night. Can you imagine when [[that album is released) them on the Grammys next year? Can you say a possible runaway Grammy hit? With so much musical trash out there everyone I know who has heard the new song LOVES IT!!!!

May I correct you on one point; not "musical trash", but just trash!! Then have the gall to call it R&B/Soul!! Even a hybrid r&b! I digress, shouldn't insult real trash, though. My bad.

moe
03-15-2021, 01:15 PM
nativeNY63, I can appreciate & thanks for your comments!!!!

In the interview I saw Bruno gives credit to The Funks [[& yes, by name).

On the internet this morning there was a piece "Here's what the artists wore to the Grammys." My head started to spin......I kept saying: who?....next....who?

glencro
03-15-2021, 06:14 PM
They absolutely killed this on the Grammys. Definitely a nod to the old school r&b groups.

I'll have to find that performance but I love this song

glencro
03-15-2021, 06:20 PM
Great Grammy performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_d4yW6Lz_1o

Jerry Oz
03-15-2021, 07:38 PM
As close to perfection as it gets. Both artists respect their predecessors and it shows. I hear something different everytime I listen to it. They had a good interview on The Breakfast Club where they laid out a lot of their creative and collaborative process. Bruno even talked about that young woman who accused him of cultural appropriation a few years ago and you could tell that the BS accusation stung him. I don't expect the rest of their album to be as good as this song but I certainly hope it offers something that modern artists can aspire to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UApBNxcCfYE

nativeNY63
03-15-2021, 09:01 PM

Also, the 70s graphics/visuals, butterfly collars & poly suits & Bootsy-bobba classes [[he's listed on the upcoming album cover art).

moe
07-30-2021, 02:18 PM
Has anyone heard their new single "Skate" yet? If so, what do you think?

splanky
07-30-2021, 02:40 PM
Has anyone heard their new single "Skate" yet? If so, what do you think?

These young cats are on a roll. Real high energy music that I'll bet my folks down south
are all over....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEw-7cMnBDY

moe
07-30-2021, 02:43 PM
Girlfriend just returned from Vegas Tuesday. They are appearing at MGM now. She was so very lucky to get tickets. She said they were fabulous!!!
I think this song has a 70's feel.

144man
03-01-2023, 02:00 PM
Somehow I haven't heard "Leave the Door Open" until now.
I think it is absolutely brilliant. Love it.

TomatoTom123
03-02-2023, 09:30 AM
I can't believe you hadn't heard of it Martin!! It's been playing everywhere for aaaaages. Still, better late than never :cool:

The album is pretty excellent too, although only 8 tracks or so. Another favourite of mine is "Smokin' Out The Window"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG7fLOmlhYg

144man
03-02-2023, 02:16 PM
Very good,Tom. Will have to find more time to listen to recent releases