PDA

View Full Version : Motown Has New Chairman and CEO

test

jobeterob
03-02-2021, 12:14 AM
https://variety.com/2021/music/news/motown-ethiopia-habtemariam-chairman-ceo-1234917534/

drlorne
03-02-2021, 02:30 PM
I feel so out of it. I didn't know Motown had moved to New York. So I'm not sure what location means anymore. I do wonder what this means for our expanded re-issues and Harry, Andy and George, though. Really, that's all I care about now, with Motown. I mean, even Stevie left.

Motown Eddie
03-02-2021, 02:38 PM
I feel so out of it. I didn't know Motown had moved to New York. So I'm not sure what location means anymore. I do wonder what this means for our expanded re-issues and Harry, Andy and George, though. Really, that's all I care about now, with Motown. I mean, even Stevie left.

I hear 'ya drlorne! Hope that the new CEO of Motown will keep Andy, George, Harry [[and others) working on those reissues of Classic Motown that we love.

jobeterob
03-02-2021, 03:05 PM
That's the reason I thought of posting it - wondered what it means for the future.

mysterysinger
03-02-2021, 03:07 PM
The lady has been around for some time so I wouldn't expect any major changes. I do think she's doing a good job and as ever Motown artists continue to see nominations for awards. Seems though you can get a Motown contract if you change your name to Lil [[lol). She and Motown know what they're doing with the modern scene and they plan to bring back the Black Forum label I understand so perhaps are not ignoring the past. Hopefully Motown won't forget their musical roots.

thanxal
03-02-2021, 06:51 PM
Do they even work for "Motown"? I would think that's only a brand/division for marketing and talent recruitment. My guess is they work for some division of UMG that serves all the brands catalog and reissue needs. No idea. Corporate structures today are legal pretzels designed to avoid unfavorable tax laws and promote copyright interests.

sansradio
03-02-2021, 07:14 PM
I actually thought that Ethiopia had been appointed chairman/CEO a while back.

arr&bee
03-12-2021, 06:59 PM
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...the only CHAIRMAN of motown as far as i'm concerned is mr.berry gordy!!

arr&bee
03-12-2021, 07:00 PM
Motown without berry gordy is a fake motown!!

jobeterob
03-12-2021, 08:42 PM

Good one. It certainly will never be the same

midnightman
03-14-2021, 04:35 PM

The Motown that existed between 1959 and 1973 was a revolution, one we won't likely see again.